Is Benayoun the answer?

I don't see us signing a young creative attacking playmaker, so I guess it's down to Lamps....and Yoss? He's been on form since recovered from injury and we know he is naturally creative and moves quick and is a great passer and crosser. My only concern is his age.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can check Lampard off that list too - don't reckon he's ever been what you'd call a 'creative' midfielder. Yossi is decent but cannot be looked upon to do the business consistently in a 50+ match season. Kakuta and Josh are exciting prospects but it remains to be seen what the manager thinks of them and whether they actually play a part this season. For me it's clear - we desperately need a true trequartista, I'd even call it our most pressing need.

Depends what the question is. If the question is will he propel the club from 2nd spot to 1st ? -er... no. he will not play as many games as Lampard

Is he the creative spark that will lift the team to greater heights ? ..er..no. he can be erratic and injury prone.

Is he the player that can second guess Torres and get that early ball in ? -yes -this could be the key that opens the Pandoras box of Torres talent

Yossi is a wonderful, inventive player and certainly just what we need. But what people seem to want - namely miracles - he cannot provide alone. He is certainly one of our better options at the minute.

One of our better midfield players for the moment.

Albeit we don't have many attacking ones right now, he's certainly a breath of fresh air right now. He's by no means the answer, but a good squad player to have.

Yossi is a wonderful, inventive player and certainly just what we need. But what people seem to want - namely miracles - he cannot provide alone. He is certainly one of our better options at the minute.

Amen. Yossi is certainly one of the most underrated creative midfielders, he was at liverpool in particular. Sat on their bench too often, yet always created the spark they needed in attack and created and occassionally scored. No prizes for pointing who he'd often set up in the liverpool attack haha.

IF we dont sign anyone Yossi needs much more of a chance, he can be the answer, as its certainly not Frank in terms of creativity.

Says a lot when one of the most technically gifted players we have in our squad is a 30 year old who was signed a year ago from Liverpool . As opposed to most of our wide and direct players of which there are a few , he is one who actually has a clue when it comes to doing something with the ball . His weighted through balls are a joy to watch if you're a lover of the sport .

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him , despite his age playing at the position he is usually deployed in .Villas Boas certainly trusts him going by recent quotes and that's an encouraging sign for me .

I think he is the answer but as said, not for long term. I'm not worried about Lamps, I know he will score at least 15 goals for us and make over 20 assists. Benayoun just needs the chance and under AVB, I think he will step up and impress.

I think he is the answer but as said, not for long term. I'm not worried about Lamps, I know he will score at least 15 goals for us and make over 20 assists. Benayoun just needs the chance and under AVB, I think he will step up and impress.

I am worried about Frank ,,if he fails to regain his form it will be a terrible blow. As for Yossi ,he is a short term stop gap . My big hope is that Gael

does well with the French U 20s and gets more starts. Sadly I believe Josh needs 2 years before he will be ready to assume the role of the major

play maker

I am worried about Frank ,,if he fails to regain his form it will be a terrible blow. As for Yossi ,he is a short term stop gap . My big hope is that Gael

does well with the French U 20s and gets more starts. Sadly I believe Josh needs 2 years before he will be ready to assume the role of the major

play maker

Don't sweat it about Lamps. I guarantee he will have another great season!