Is Benayoun the answer?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Benayoun is only part of the answer IMO....

when he's fit and playing he's good to be in the first 11, but staying fit throughout the season isn't something I've associated with him...

We need an extra attacking mid. Period.

I am worried about Frank ,,if he fails to regain his form it will be a terrible blow. As for Yossi ,he is a short term stop gap . My big hope is that Gael

does well with the French U 20s and gets more starts. Sadly I believe Josh needs 2 years before he will be ready to assume the role of the major

play maker

Am also a bit worried about Frank....If he doesn't pick up form, covering for him will be a next to impossible task,

Personally I feel if he receives good support from rest of midfield, he can still continue doing what he does best: Score

By the way guys you may think i'm getting a bit edgy but are we even going to sign anyone?, there's just been no thought of any plans or anything, i really hope Villas Boas doesn't think that our squad doesn't need changed and overhauled.

By the way guys you may think i'm getting a bit edgy but are we even going to sign anyone?, there's just been no thought of any plans or anything, i really hope Villas Boas doesn't think that our squad doesn't need changed and overhauled.

There's a good chance that there won't be any transfer until the end of the Asia tour....

There's a good chance that there won't be any transfer until the end of the Asia tour....

Yeah you might be right, i just hope he's got this all planned out

that's the WRONG time to be signing players IMO!

Why do you think it's the wrong time?

Does AVB think all the clubs, agents and players involved will cease transfer negotiations until he's ready to dive into the market?

Good question...

I think Chelsea have already made bids/inquiries for a lot of players, just to let other clubs know we're interested..once AVB "knows exactly what he needs" (to use his words), he'll make a move for a select bunch of those players..

It does end in about a week's time...

No such thing at all in the footballing world, transfers and deals for prospects happen all the time regardless of shuffling of management/ midway through a season etc . One could argue Villas-Boas is getting a good reading of the squad right now but filling up obvious gaping holes to tweak the squad to compete on all fronts - better now than shelling out ridiculous amounts in the last weeks when we're left with no choice . Being Chelsea , everybody is out to extort us already , no need to leave it till the end.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/07/19/2581215/chelsea-manager-andre-villas-boas-plans-to-do-proper-business-in-

I know it's goal, but there are some quotes.

http://www.goal.com/...er-business-in-

I know it's goal, but there are some quotes.

Maybe, but Goal is just... to damn unreliable, i know he announced on sky sports news that the strikers are really ready, including Drogba, Sturridge and Torres. But then again its midfield whats been the problem and has been all season.

I am of the opinion that Benayoun has not yet shown the best of yourself. His injury prevented him from last season, but I believe that now, if necessary get a chance to refute their transfer. Moreover, it can be used as a winger and giving passes human attackers in other words, playmaker

Guest justin_3d

Nope, he is a great player I like, that we got for a good price.

Great squad player, but def. need someone else.

Benayoun Isnt THE answer. he can become part of the answer if hes on his best of best days. but we need 11 to win and for everything to work.......and some new players. id love to think of AVB being the answer. but its a winning package we need and require to be the answer. just hope benayoun can become part of the package

(senseless post is senseless ignore lol)