Chelsea Vs Liverpool

BlueLion.

Nah, Joey was a good boy yesterday and sensibly stayed away from any tackles :D

I agree i think 4-3-3 will remain in place, but only if Kalou can continue his form because i don't believe it is effective enough with Malouda or SWP on the wings especially for the bigger games.

If we was going for a 4-4-2 i think the Mikel and Ballack central combination would be the best to go with.

Thats good news -he will shine against the Yids at Wemberlee methinks. On yesterdays performance, Lampard wasn't just lacking match fitness, but some of the ball giving away was woeful. So Ballack as captain with Mikel would be favourite in my book at present.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats good news -he will shine against the Yids at Wemberlee methinks. On yesterdays performance, Lampard wasn't just lacking match fitness, but some of the ball giving away was woeful. So Ballack as captain with Mikel would be favourite in my book at present.

So would you go for something like this for the final against the spuds:

...........................Cech...........................

Belletti..........Alex............Carvalho....A.Cole

J.Cole............Mikel.........Ballack..........Kalou

.................Drogba.........Anelka.................

Subs: Cudicini, Ben Haim, Lampard, Malouda, Shevchenko

Wouldn't be so bad would it? :D

So would you go for something like this for the final against the spuds:

...........................Cech...........................

Belletti..........Alex............Carvalho....A.Cole

J.Cole............Mikel.........Ballack..........Kalou

.................Drogba.........Anelka.................

Subs: Cudicini, Ben Haim, Lampard, Malouda, Shevchenko

Wouldn't be so bad would it? :D

That looks the business, but they wont play Drogs and Anelka together yet would they ? , but in an ideal world yes. maybe Roman will tell Grant that's what he wants :) The subs dont look that inspirational if we're up against it, wouldn't you like SWP or kalou as reserve ammo.? It might be good to have Drogs and Shevchenko together from the off, and then Anelka later on to catch'em.

I did not enjoy this game one bit.A flat performance.We lacked conviction and creativity.Liverpool came out to shut us down and we played right into their hands.

In hindsight,Lampard should'nt have started,he's been out for 10 matches,his longest spell out injured since he signed for us and yesterday showed how short of fitness he is.

The atmosphere in the Shed Upper was brilliant,as were the sing-off's between us and the scousers.Probably the only highlight of the day.

With Essien,Kalou and Drogba back now,things should be looking up,but an Arsenal win tonight against Blackburn and you could say it's their title to lose.

So frustrating though on a day where Man you dropped 3 points and we could'nt build on it.

Bottom line of that game was that our passing was poor, actually it was beyond poor it was bloody awful!!!

SWP isn't half the player when played on the wing, either play him inside or not at all. Our attacking threat was cut down by Lamps and Ballack both being man marked and Maka isn't going to get forward and with SWP being non-existant the only threat we had was from J.Cole and Anelka.

We are definately missing a cut and thrust impact player in the central midfield which SWP has brought to us but we need someone who can do it even better. We played a lot better when Mikel came on and brought some decent passing to the midfield at last.

We needed to win that game and it was an oppertunity missed with Man you losing.

Agreed. Michael Essien, anyone? :D

Agreed. Michael Essien, anyone? :D

Hmmm, Essien wasn't the sort of player i had in mind. I was thinking more of a creative spark who can open teams up. In an ideal fantasy world playing 3 in midfield and on the basis of 2 for every position i would look for these sorts of players:

Defensive midfield: Mikel, Essien

Central Midfield: Lampard, Ballack

Attacking Midfield: Modric, Van Der Vaart

................DM...............

.........CM......................

.....................AM..........

This for me would create the perfect midfield balance.

In conclusion, Lampard has spent over a month out injured and shouldn't have played. We won't know if both can play together until he is fully fit, but Ballack had to carry Frank for 70 minutes yesterday, so Anelka was isolated through the middle. Anelka is a great player, but he hasn't got anything on Didier. I want to see what they can do up front together next week, though.

But didnt Frank and Ballack play three quarters of last season together and it didnt really work?

probably our worst game of the season and still managed to take a point of the mid table scousers!

police are looking for a player named florent malouda, last seen at the community shield 2007 and hasnt been seen since!!!!!

But didnt Frank and Ballack play three quarters of last season together and it didnt really work?

No it did work, but not to the level that Chelsea fans expected. Hence the backlash on Ballack. Now he has come through and shown his worth and immediately people want two players who haven't played together for 10 months to be banging away goals and creating opportunities here, there and everyone.

What a load of shit. Utd drop points again and we fail to capitalise again. Must be pretty happy to settle for 3rd spot at SB this year judging by today's performance against a pretty shit Liverpool side. Shit holding onto the ball and we couldnt pass wind. Anelka had his worst game for us so far, SWP definitely failed to impress the watching England manager, Lampard - well, why Grant played him for 70 minutes from the off is beyond me anyway, clearly far from match fit - poor management decision imo. Ballack again looked much better once Frank was sitting down. Maka, just looked tired today. Ashley Cole's the only player that really stood up to be counted. And again Grant's tactical know-how never ceases to amaze me.....desperate for a goal so he brings on a player who cant score for shit........stroke of genius or what??

And as for the ref, he wants fucking shooting. How was that not a penalty ffs? I give up.

for once misschief i agree with you totally you give a good assessment of the game if it can be called that...this is my first time back for a couple of day's i just get so pissed off after a defeat or we play poor.

lamps! wtf is he really that far from fitness, and he looked like he's fucking sulking, he was the worse of the lot but the rest of 'em were fucking awfull so they've got nothing to be pleased about, MOTM there wasn't one out of the whole 22 of 'em.............at least after half time we brought liverpoop down to our level.................fucking disgracefull, woefull, bunch of cunts, and i wont even get started on that cunt of a ref.

these type of performancies go back to years ago we'd go away to one of the then top teams and get a good result, the following week we'd be back a the bridge only to get beat and plunge right back to where we came from, i thought them there day's were over...sadly it don't seem so.

regards:JBD