Marko Marin

Melanicus

Better not to say one word more...I dont want to get on that level.

I dont disrepect you or anyone, your posts are oftenly funny, but that is weird; how come, I bother YOU that much? Not one post was pointing at you anyway...

Racist? You got to be kiddin be...

BlueLyon you are a legend, you make me laugh but in a good way, man you can be my new henri that's no joke!. Please stick around you are 100 percent legend material, one of the best posters on this site!. I love you.

Im delighted. I like that we are signing players in the Mata mould rather than going for big, athletic players as we have done in the past. Even better is that he will only cost us between 8-10 million pounds, in today's market that must be considered a bargain. I think he will be a cracking addition to the squad, fairly quick, creative, good dribbler, a very encouraging signing going into the Summer and one to look forward to seeing in a Chelsea jersey next season.

I dont know where will this go, us buying small players. They never realy fitted us. I dont want to chelsea play barca style...Mata and Marin are just enough of these small players...

BlueLyon you are a legend, you make me laugh but in a good way, man you can be my new henri that's no joke!. Please stick around you are 100 percent legend material, one of the best posters on this site!. I love you.

WHOAAA...that came from nowhere. I need to watch around better for such point-turning posts. Feel like a  just hitted me in the head...

;)

WHOAAA...that came from nowhere. I need to watch around better for such point-turning posts. Feel like a  just hitted me in the head...

;)

You're just such a great guy, i didn't mean to hurt you :(

but please keep posting man!, don't give up okay!. I love you.

I dont know where will this go, us buying small players. They never realy fitted us. I dont want to chelsea play barca style...Mata and Marin are just enough of these small players...

No offence mate but in case you missed the last 3-4 years, Barcelona have dominated club football on the back of players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Villa ect. and none of those could be considered tall, meanwhile in international football Spain have won Euro 2008 and the World Cup with Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Silva, Mata, Villa ect. again, none of them particularly big.

Im a fan of Marin, I also think that the Bundesliga is a good league to come from and the adaptation to the Premier League shouldn't be as difficult as it would be from other, slower European leagues and at 23 he is the perfect age, still young but has a good amount of experience playing at the top level.

No offence mate but in case you missed the last 3-4 years, Barcelona have dominated club football on the back of players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Villa ect. and none of those could be considered tall, meanwhile in international football Spain have won Euro 2008 and the World Cup with Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Silva, Mata, Villa ect. again, none of them particularly big.

Im a fan of Marin, I also think that the Bundesliga is a good league to come from and the adaptation to the Premier League shouldn't be as difficult as it would be from other, slower European leagues and at 23 he is the perfect age, still young but has a good amount of experience playing at the top level.

Well, but we are not in Spain are we? And I hate that tiki-taka style of play, means no thanks to have more barca style football or players.

They are(were) best team in EU for some time now, but I dont like them at all.

The game we played in 2009/10 was just great if you ask me, lots of goals, creative play, strong defence and we beated Arsenal, Livpool and United double times. Nothing can compare to that (unless we win cl this year).

We are english club, not some fancy spain oscar nominees...Mata is still great, dont get me wrong. But to have squad of 170cm sized players, no thanks :?

A year or two ago, I would've been overjoyed with Marin's signing. Now, not so much. He's been in poor form this season, and injured (though his lack of fitness could explain his form). However, he's certainly young enough to regain his form and improve as a player. Overall, I think he's a positive addition and hopefully this is further evidence that we are changing our ways in the market. He's young, has a high upside, cost very little, has resale value, and if he turns out to be a gem, we can get a couple contracts out of him.

A year or two ago, I would've been overjoyed with Marin's signing. Now, not so much. He's been in poor form this season, and injured (though his lack of fitness could explain his form). However, he's certainly young enough to regain his form and improve as a player. Overall, I think he's a positive addition and hopefully this is further evidence that we are changing our ways in the market. He's young, has a high upside, cost very little, has resale value, and if he turns out to be a gem, we can get a couple contracts out of him.

This.

He is great team player aswell. Definately not selfish guy.

Well, but we are not in Spain are we? And I hate that tiki-taka style of play, means no thanks to have more barca style football or players.

They are(were) best team in EU for some time now, but I dont like them at all.

The game we played in 2009/10 was just great if you ask me, lots of goals, creative play, strong defence and we beated Arsenal, Livpool and United double times. Nothing can compare to that (unless we win cl this year).

We are english club, not some fancy spain oscar nominees...Mata is still great, dont get me wrong. But to have squad of 170cm sized players, no thanks :?

I honestly don't know what to say to you in response to that, I'll give it a whirl but Im honestly flabbergasted.

No I suppose the geographical location of Chelsea football club is not within the borders of Spain. Though you may hate the tika-taka style, it works and Im not entirely sure whether Roman Abramovich plans on basing the club's football philosophy on your likes and dislikes, also I dont think the single signing of Marko Marin will usher in a new era of tika-taka at Chelsea, if we sign Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi and a couple of others then ye we might see some more tika-take at the Bridge but I doubt we will be able to entice them into joining us.

Were we talking about a club who play beautiful football but win nothing (kinda like Arsenal) then you might have a point, however Barcelona are the most successful club team in the last 5 years and Spain the most successful country. Obviously not every player is that height, Busquets, Abidal and Pique are all fairly tall.

Im not sure either what the fascination with height is. We all know that we have desperately needed a tricky, quick, creative wide player for quite some time, Marin seems to fit that bill so yes, Im very much looking forward to his arrival at Chelsea.

I honestly don't know what to say to you in response to that, I'll give it a whirl but Im honestly flabbergasted.

No I suppose the geographical location of Chelsea football club is not within the borders of Spain. Though you may hate the tika-taka style, it works and Im not entirely sure whether Roman Abramovich plans on basing the club's football philosophy on your likes and dislikes, also I dont think the single signing of Marko Marin will usher in a new era of tika-taka at Chelsea, if we sign Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi and a couple of others then ye we might see some more tika-take at the Bridge but I doubt we will be able to entice them into joining us.

Were we talking about a club who play beautiful football but win nothing (kinda like Arsenal) then you might have a point, however Barcelona are the most successful club team in the last 5 years and Spain the most successful country. Obviously not every player is that height, Busquets, Abidal and Pique are all fairly tall.

Im not sure either what the fascination with height is. We all know that we have desperately needed a tricky, quick, creative wide player for quite some time, Marin seems to fit that bill so yes, Im very much looking forward to his arrival at Chelsea.

I am looking to see Marin in chelsea very much too, Happy with the signing,

but from your post, you think barca style is only way to win in football today? Far from that. In 2009/10 we actualy had team that would beat barca, if inter wouldnt throw us out (they eliminated barca aswell). That team was strong and resembled english football. I want chelsea to keep that tradition. I know roman dont gives s*** what I or you think of chelsea philosophy, but Chelsea is known for its strong defence and quick counters, that can beat anyone. We dont need barca style to win CL or PL...

Height is also important sometimes, for example if Barcelona have had a tall striker maybe they could cause more damage with corners (they cannot pass -well, they win some chances- our wall with their current style).

Height is also important sometimes, for example if Barcelona have had a tall striker maybe they could cause more damage with corners (they cannot pass -well, they win some chances- our wall with their current style).

They had a tall striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic (one of the best lone strikers of his generation) but the experiment failed, it turned out he hindered Barcelona more than helped. Im not saying that a tall striker wouldn't go astray at Barcelona, but as is well mentioned by ZonalMarking recently, the problem is when the big striker became part of Barcelona's plan A rather than being a plan B.

I bet our squad we will have next year, if they will not be strong, but small pacey players, we will lost to barca if face them. Irony, we would spend milions and yet fail to win agains team, we did this year, because of strong, experienced players. And Mata, player we will use as our centre, has been invisible there.

We never had problems with barca, because we play special style that doesn suits them. Different than United, City or Arsenal...And I dont want to change that. This was and is the true power of Chelsea. Strong squad with players like Lamps, Ballack,...

I am looking to see Marin in chelsea very much too, Happy with the signing,

but from your post, you think barca style is only way to win in football today? Far from that. In 2009/10 we actualy had team that would beat barca, if inter wouldnt throw us out (they eliminated barca aswell). That team was strong and resembled english football. I want chelsea to keep that tradition. I know roman dont gives s*** what I or you think of chelsea philosophy, but Chelsea is known for its strong defence and quick counters, that can beat anyone. We dont need barca style to win CL or PL...

Obviously the Barcelona style is not the only way to win football games (though you could argue that, with the right players, it is the best way). Im not even saying that Chelsea should adapt that style of play (imagine how difficult it would be to restructure the club from top to bottom) all I am simply saying is what has been said on this forum roughly 10 million times, that is that we could do with more creativity in the side, so that we have a bit more guile and ability to break down smaller teams who park the bus or resolute defences. Let's not forget that during that double winning season, we were comprehensively knocked out by Inter Milan, the general consensus after the game amongst Chelsea fans was that we desperately needed more creativity in the side to break them down because the physical approach didn't work.

Our current crop of players are suited to playing a physical type of game, however I dont see why we shouldn't mix in a bit of class and creativity with that (with signings like Mata and Marin) and hopefully we see more of that in the future.

They had a tall striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic (one of the best lone strikers of his generation) but the experiment failed, it turned out he hindered Barcelona more than helped. Im not saying that a tall striker wouldn't go astray at Barcelona, but as is well mentioned by ZonalMarking recently, the problem is when the big striker became part of Barcelona's plan A rather than being a plan B.

After the match a lot of cules want a classic striker (tall and athletic like Llorente or Gomez). The thing is, i think is important to have differente type players to have variety, players who can bring something different to the game.

I bet our squad we will have next year, if they will not be strong, but small pacey players, we will lost to barca if face them. Irony, we would spend milions and yet fail to win agains team, we did this year, because of strong, experienced players. And Mata, player we will use as our centre, has been invisible there.

We never had problems with barca, because we play special style that doesn suits them. Different than United, City or Arsenal...And I dont want to change that. This was and is the true power of Chelsea. Strong squad with players like Lamps, Ballack,...

It's all well and good beating Barcelona and I agree that our squad and our approach do match up better against Barcelona than Man Utd or Arsenal's does but in case you missed it, we are 6th in the table, we haven't won enough games and one of the reasons for that is because we dont have enough creativity and penetration in the side. While we match up against Barcelona better than Man Utd and Arsenal do, we dont match up against Stoke, Everton, Sunderland or these type of mid-table Premier League sides aswell as Man Utd and Arsenal do.