Portsmouth 0-1 Chelsea

Can understand the reasons for cancelling the game, it was always a little strange having a game in Holland 5 days after pre season training starts. Although the way it has been done is very very poor with still not notification for the club especially as the tickets went on sale today, if something was being discussed over the weekend then they should have halted ticket sales until they knew 100% what was happening.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing but fair enough - good to see AVB is in control.

Well you may feel its fair enough but i doubt you have pre booked your accommodation , train tickets or other non refundable things . i haven't either but i would certainly not think it was fair enough if i had .

Well you may feel its fair enough but i doubt you have pre booked your accommodation , train tickets or other non refundable things . i haven't either but i would certainly not think it was fair enough if i had .

I would be fuming :goodpost:

Well being a fan that has booked travel and tickets I think it should absolutely be done.

Even if we went over there and AVB didn't turn up and the reserve team played I still wouldn't mind, but this is the ultimate piss take.

Consideration off the fans input concerns or feelings ranks very low on Chelsea Football Clubs list of priorities .

Chelsea can confirm that the pre-season match against Vitesse Arnhem, scheduled to be played on July 9, has now been cancelled.

The club would like to apologise to fans that were planning on attending the match in Holland next month.

A full refund will be given to those Chelsea supporters who have bought match tickets, and the club will be in contact with those fans over the coming days to arrange this.

Chelsea also extends an apology to Vitesse Arnhem for this cancellation.

The remainder of the club's pre-season matches remain unchanged. Chelsea will play an away game against Portsmouth on July 16 before heading to Asia for matches in Malaysia (July 21), Bangkok (July 24) and Hong Kong (July 27 and 30). Chelsea will also play Scottish champions Rangers on August 6 in Glasgow.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2382514,00.html

In the position the club will keep in contact with people who have considered traveling to the Netherlands.

Regarding the match with Portsmouth expect more young players take part and have new additions to the then

I heard the reserves will play Portsmouth, because the first team will already be in Asia?

Really? I was going to get tickets to this, but may think again if its only the reserves. Does anyone have any more info?