2011-2012 Lineup

There's obviousley alot of rumours going on, but with Falcao now basically being confirmed to join the blues, what do you think the 2011-2012 first team will look like and what options do you think we'll have on the bench? Be objective and dont say what you want it to look like, but what you think it will look like/what it's most likely to look like.

Given the formation will be 4-3-3 (which is more than likely) i'd go with something like this:

Falcao - Torres - Sturridge (or Lukaku im not sure)

Modric - Lampard - Ramires

Cole - Terry - Luiz - Ivanovic

--------------Cech--------------

What i really want to see is McEachran having a spot in the first team. I think Lampards time is really over and its time to let McEachran shine, he's proven he's worthy the spot and he needs to have more play time. I would also love to have van der wiel but havent really heared much about him lately.

In time I hope we can sell Mikel, Malouda, Anelka, Boswingwa and zhirkov, hopefully one or two of them can be included in a deal because from what i can see there isnt much interest in them atm.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

McEachran Modric

Sturridge Torres Hazard

Subs: Delac, Bosingwa, Alex, Kakuta, Essien, Lampard, Drogba. (Ramires somewhere here)

More out of hope then expectation and this being based on last seasons performances (except Torres) but could change depending on pre-season form and transfers.

1) Rotate McEachran with Lampard

2) Whilst I don't think Essien should play CDM with Josh, Lampard, Ramires and a new creative midfielder in CM it's hard to see him playing there - it will be best to put him at CDM depending on form and Mikel's form.

3) A more varied 4-3-3 christmas tree formation will give Modric and McEachran plenty of creative freedom in the middle as well as exploting the flanks well - both Hazard and Sturridge and decent on their weaker foot, have good crosses, and have enough skill and creativity to cut in so can be used on either side.

4) Subject to transfer activity - I personally don't see us buying Hazard but I think he should be our main target after we have lost out on Sanchez it seems - can play either side of the wings as well as CAM, relatively cheap (£20m - 25m), young and ambitious. Alternatives: Hulk, (Neymar). Modric if <£30m otherwise I would prefer a player like Banega.

5) If Terry's on a bad form we have Alex, USE HIM! Terry's should not be guaranteed starts just because of his status.

6) Malouda, Anelka, Kalou, possibly Zhirkov - Bye.

Cech

Mikel

McEachran Modric

Sturridge Torres Hazard

Subs: Delac, Bosingwa, Alex, Kakuta, Essien, Lampard, Drogba. (Ramires somewhere here)

More out of hope then expectation and this being based on last seasons performances (except Torres) but could change depending on pre-season form and transfers.

1) Rotate McEachran with Lampard

2) Whilst I don't think Essien should play CDM with Josh, Lampard, Ramires and a new creative midfielder in CM it's hard to see him playing there - it will be best to put him at CDM depending on form and Mikel's form.

3) A more varied 4-3-3 christmas tree formation will give Modric and McEachran plenty of creative freedom in the middle as well as exploting the flanks well - both Hazard and Sturridge and decent on their weaker foot, have good crosses, and have enough skill and creativity to cut in so can be used on either side.

4) Subject to transfer activity - I personally don't see us buying Hazard but I think he should be our main target after we have lost out on Sanchez it seems - can play either side of the wings as well as CAM, relatively cheap (£20m - 25m), young and ambitious. Alternatives: Hulk, (Neymar). Modric if <£30m otherwise I would prefer a player like Banega.

5) If Terry's on a bad form we have Alex, USE HIM! Terry's should not be guaranteed starts just because of his status.

6) Malouda, Anelka, Kalou, possibly Zhirkov - Bye.

Think About Something real.

We even Do Not link with hazard.

Think About Something real.

We even Do Not link with hazard.

Hence why I said it was more out of hope then expectation and alternative could be Hulk.

"4) Subject to transfer activity - I personally don't see us buying Hazard but I think he should be our main target after we have lost out on Sanchez..."

Cech

Ramires - Moutinho - Lampard

Sturridge - Torres - Falcao

We need a new right back and a winger. Torres and Falcao can't play together in a 4-3-3, and Sturridge isn't a winger. But I hope that AVB manages to sort it out.

I don't know what formation will Boas play,but here his(my) squad.

Cech

Ivan - Luiz - JT - Cole

Ramires - Lampard

Hulk - Malouda/Neymar

Torres - Falcao

But I want to see something like this:

Cech

Ivan - Luiz - JT - Cole

Essien

Ramires - Lampard

Drogba

Torres - Falcao

For Carling/FA cup:

Turnbull

Ferreira - Luiz - Alex - Bertrand

McEachran - Ramires

Danny - Malouda/Neymar

Lukaku - Drogba

142373_Chelsea.jpg

Bench: Turnbull, Alex, Paulo Ferreira, Bertrand, Bosingwa (can really help with attack if Andre returns him to his best), Essien, Lampard, McEachran, Zhirkov, Falcao, Sturridge, Kakuta.

out: Drogba (as it hurts me to say it), Malouda and Anelka.

Ima only make what lineup I would like... Since Andre Villas-Boas seems to have unexpected plans for us...

Cech

Ivanovic* - Luiz - Terry - A.Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Modric

Sturridge** - Falcao - Neymar

* I'd rather a real right back, but since we aren't being linked with any RB, it looks like we're going to stick with what we already have in the squad, and Ivanovic is the better choice (maybe try Ramires there).

** I don't want him to play there at all, but with Falcao (if true) he has no chance to play as a striker... So let's play him on the wing and watch what happen. It could also save us some money.

With a role - in the first team - given to Kakuta, Bertrand and McEachran. I'd also like to get Thiago Alcantara.

My starting XI would consist of something like this....

---Cech---

---Ivanovic---Terry---Luiz---Cole/Bertrand---

---Essien/Mikel---

---Ramires---Lampard---

---Moutinho---

---Falcao---Drogba/Torres---

or... if we go for the usual 4-3-3 approach...

---Cech---

---Ivanovic---Terry---Luiz---Cole/Bertrand---

---Ramires---Essien---

---McEachran---

---Sturridge---Torres---Mata---