2011-2012 Lineup

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Spain continues to advance they'll play August 14th, August 17th, and August 20th (finals). Oriol has played every game except the last game of pool play where he was suspended. I'd imagine he'd go home to Spain to celebrate the U20 WC if they win and be given some (not a lot) time off.

e6ea4135e08951e7.jpg

Scheme a bit like a 4-1-2-2-1, but could easily and is 4-3-3 as the opponent. The collapse of the Modric transfer and eventual purchase of Meireles I think we have attestations for far more passes in the middle with him. Ramires and McEachran will have some more options actually. Meireles may come as a direct replacement for injured Michael Essien of course. But I think his performance will be far more useful if you play a little forward, Mikel (Ramires) to have protection. In the wings is nothing unusual Anelka, Sturridge, Kalou, Malouda and possibly Lukaku if he used behind the striker. Drogba and Torres could play together, and behind one another again depending on the building.

64e9c4885338f3cc.jpg

Another scheme that would work also has a diamond in the middle of this time on top could possibly be Modric. Lampard and Ramires in the two countries, and Mikel will stand in the position where it is now. McEachran can also bring much flexibility.

Shittttt

I finished to write a pretty long post, and than i pressed 'Back' on the wrong tab :cry:

I wont write it all again, so the main points are those: (now i see that i wrote more than i wanted so forget about it...)

*Ramires-Mikel-Modric isnt a huge change like we want from our mid. Luka is better than Lamps this days, but still he wont have enough help from

Remires, who isnt contribute that much on the oppenent side. As for Mikel, we all know he dont contribute at all on this side, and sorry if i dont

appreciate short passes on the middle of the field that much.

* Ballack & Lampard, (Fit) Essien & Lampard, those were our last combinations, Modric & Ramires is not good enough and not creative enough.

And lets not start to talk about the big games when we will play with 2 new young wingers, Torres, 2 young midfielders in their first-second

season, and Mikel as our Boss. nah... you need some responsibility and expereince againt the giants of europe.

* Lampard wont be dropped so fast, even if we realy want it, and even if my theory isnt true, so for "now"(Luka is still a Spud...) I think we

need to see Lampard and Modric together. Maybe Lampard will be better when he's more free on the field.

:cfc: AVB's invincibles :cfc:

193956_Chelsea.jpg

Replace Ivanovic by Luiz, and Bosingwa by Ivanovic and it will do it for me. Nowadays Iva seems to be more comfortable when playing on the wing, and when playing as a center back, he seems to have loose it. He isn't as offensive as Bosingwa, but to my eyes that doesn't really matter since there's Ashley on the left who is already bombing forward. I mean, it will keep a certain balance if there's a full back who bombs forward and another who stays rather deep. And with a player who looks like a winger (ie Danni) in front of him, I don't think he needs to go forward that much. Finaly, I think Luiz is a better Center Back than Iva.

Though, Even if I will be happy with that team, I still feel there's something missing... A player à la Iniesta, in the midfield..

I'd go with 442 that can be transformed to 433 without making substitutions. If there is a need for 433, Mata occupies the left wing, while studge takes the right wing. midfield of Josh/Ramires, Modric and Mikel.

I like this.

Mata can play the no.10 role too, he possess the necessary abilities to do so (from what I've read)

194559_Chelsea.jpg

I'd go with 442 that can be transformed to 433 without making substitutions. If there is a need for 433, Mata occupies the left wing, while studge takes the right wing. midfield of Josh/Ramires, Modric and Mikel.

i like this one to however i would prefer to have frank in the team than obi .

i like this one to however i would prefer to have frank in the team than obi .

Obi offers something that Frank doesnt. protecting the back four. the defensive side to his game is so poor. However, what Frank offers to the team, Josh or Modric can. IMO