Daniel Sturridge Next Season

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if youve watched the u21s then you can obviously see that he can play on the right, he is so good at comin in of the side onto his left footblue%20scalf.gif

Exactly. And we have no good right winger, so i don't see why he should not be able to start.

apart from his two cracking shots he was poor the whole team was poor tonight tbh

Really?, well saying that i only saw the first half, but i thought he played good, considering he was pushed out to right wing. In the first 10 minutes that was brilliant were he took about 4 of them on.

Really?, well saying that i only saw the first half, but i thought he played good, considering he was pushed out to right wing. In the first 10 minutes that was brilliant were he took about 4 of them on.

Yeah, but from what I saw, he wasn't playing on the right wing.. He was playing as a support-striker for Welbeck. He saw more of the ball doing this because he was allowed to drop deep, collect the ball, turn and run at goal. However I don't know if he'd be played this way at Chelsea..

How do you think we should handle him next season?

After his displays for Bolton he will surely expect first team football, and he's obviously talented, however with the possible transfers of Neymar and Lukaku and the competition of Drogba and Torres (possibly Anelka) he may find his playing time even more limited.

Wouldnt be surprised if theres no striker signed. Sturridge, Drogba and the £50 000 000 Torres will be given another bite.

All the Neymar, Lukaku threads etc on here are mostly fantasy football dreams, and sports journalists padding their columns along with agent spin -the club has to show an interest in these players but signing is something different......

Wouldnt be surprised if theres no striker signed. Sturridge, Drogba and the £50 000 000 Torres will be given another bite.

All the Neymar, Lukaku threads etc on here are mostly fantasy football dreams, and sports journalists padding their columns along with agent spin -the club has to show an interest in these players but signing is something different......

I don't think Lukaku is a fantasy mate. He could be on his way here. And Sturridge definitely deserves a place in the starting 11. Not all the team, but if he performs well then yes.

I don't think Lukaku is a fantasy thread mate. He could be on his way here. And Sturridge definitely deserves a place in the starting 11. Not all the team, but if he performs well then yes.

Possibly Lukaku what with wearing a Chelsea shirt etc. But the main protagonists in the spin are agents, after all they want the best price for their boy in the window so if they can get the 'big' clubs bidding against each other. the more cash is generated.

Thats why I ignore the transfer threads in the main, all the big clubs ae linked with everyone -its called the 'silly season' for a reason :smiliecap1:

Sturridge still needs to prove himself in my book. He was loaned out for a reason. Strutting around arogantly in a Chelsea strip is not the way to endear youyrself to the faithful or the board. Yes, hes been the bollocks at Bolton, but yet to prove himself at SW 6.

Yeah, but from what I saw, he wasn't playing on the right wing.. He was playing as a support-striker for Welbeck. He saw more of the ball doing this because he was allowed to drop deep, collect the ball, turn and run at goal. However I don't know if he'd be played this way at Chelsea..

Even though he was out right, he wasn't playing wide, i know what you mean. He was coming more down the centre. But i don't think he had a bad game, and i didn't hear any complaints about 2nd half either.

Possibly Lukaku what with wearing a Chelsea shirt etc. But the main protagonists in the spin are agents, after all they want the best price for their boy in the window so if they can get the 'big' clubs bidding against each other. the more cash is generated.

Thats why I ignore the transfer threads in the main, all the big clubs ae linked with everyone -its called the 'silly season' for a reason :smiliecap1:

Sturridge still needs to prove himself in my book. He was loaned out for a reason. Strutting around arogantly in a Chelsea strip is not the way to endear youyrself to the faithful or the board. Yes, hes been the bollocks at Bolton, but yet to prove himself at SW 6.

originally I wasn't over impressed with Danny ,,thought he was far too one footed to be a genuine striker. I think he has improved considerably

even last night with no decent service from the back or midfield he showed the ability to create chances out of nothing for himself. He was also unselfish willing to provide for others. as someone posted in another thread he had 13 starts from the bench last year total playing time 150 mins. not surprising he didnt prove himself at sw6. if we bring in lukaku and drive out Sturridge it will be another example of misuse of talent

originally I wasn't over impressed with Danny ,,thought he was far too one footed to be a genuine striker. I think he has improved considerably

even last night with no decent service from the back or midfield he showed the ability to create chances out of nothing for himself. He was also unselfish willing to provide for others. as someone posted in another thread he had 13 starts from the bench last year total playing time 150 mins. not surprising he didnt prove himself at sw6. if we bring in lukaku and drive out Sturridge it will be another example of misuse of talent

Yeah agree with that z. But when have the board ever been embarassed about two footed transfer policy Its the way we do business , I think the main focus for the first 10 games of 2011-12 will be on the 50m golden boy, and Roman will want a return befire he throws his toys out the pram. The other strikers will be a sideshow -but if Hiddink comes back he will be his own man, and if Torres isnt performing Hiddink wont give him as much slack as Ancellotti, and Sturridge will have a chance at centre stage

we seem obsessed with filling our side with left footers . Cole . Bertrand ,,Van A . Zhirkov Malouda , Sturridge . Kakuta ...all predominantly left footed .

Worked well attacking down the left but now we have be rumbled ..opponents load the right side of their defence and we are stopped .

Since Belleti we havent had a decent crosser of the ball from the right , Bos attacked well down there before he was injured. but last year

we rarely threatened down the right ,,the only player who did this was the much maligned Kalou.