Daniel Sturridge Next Season

Ashley Cole 'I saw Daniel Sturridge recently, and look at what he has done at Bolton. I knew what he could do, I've seen him in training and he's honestly one of the hardest players I've ever had to mark, his movement is unreal, so the future here is with the young players and hopefully when he comes back next season he'll see more opportunities and bang goals in for us like he has done for Bolton.'

If he is that good in training what the hell was Carlo playing at? He gave him just 2 Premier League starts in 18 months.

This is why I'm glad Ancelotti was sacked. :clap:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should start after what he has shown at Bolton.

Sturridge - Torres - Signing(Neymar?) for next season up front (assumed that Torres gets his form back and we sign a good player for our rightwing).

As back-up we still have Drogba, Malouda/Zhirkov for the left wing (if not leaving) and Anelka/New signing for the right. I think Kakuta should also be more involved with the first team, he can also be used as a winger on the left side (maybe even on the right..).

Not sure if he should be handed a place in the starting XI yet. He could be the 4th attacking player in our pecking order which would get him over 20 PL games and enough starts in all competitions. As long as his subs are longer than 10 minutes he should integrate well

Not sure if he should be handed a place in the starting XI yet. He could be the 4th attacking player in our pecking order which would get him over 20 PL games and enough starts in all competitions. As long as his subs are longer than 10 minutes he should integrate well

Depending on who comes and goes your right. If we we're to keep the forwards we have now (which we won't im just using it as an example) he should be put on ahead of Kalou and Anelka, but if we bring in Lukaku and/or Neymar i can see him falling behind to them and getting sold on.

He was an Arnesen signing right? In the case we sign either Lukaku or Neymar we may be happy to sell him after the success his loan at Bolton was.

I think both Anelka and Kalou are off. And with Drogba almost guaranteed to be off next summer there is definitely a place for Sturridge at Chelsea.

Kostas, welcome back. :tophat:

Haven't seen you around in a while. You missed all the celebrations of Ancelotti's sacking.

Thanks man.

Connection problems prevented that but there should be celebrations once we get a new proper manager (I'm still sweating over the thoughts of 'arry Redknapp).

Thanks man.

Connection problems prevented that but there should be celebrations once we get a new proper manager (I"m still sweating over the thoughts of 'arr).

Harry scares me to death but as crazy as our board is I don't think they're that bad. It looks like Hiddink is the man and I'm very happy with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Former Chelsea assistant manager Ray Wilkins has lavished praise upon Daniel Sturridge ahead of the England Under-21s’ match with Spain. The Blues striker was on loan at Bolton at the end of last season and scored eight goals in 12 games while £50m signing Fernando Torres toiled at Stamford Bridge, only netting once.

And Wilkins has backed Sturridge to become one of the best strikers in the Premier League if he knuckles down.

He told the All Sports Show: “He’s an enormously talented guy, he’s extremely quick and I’ve seen him rip the Chelsea senior players to pieces in training but that has obviously got to be translated on to the Saturday afternoon.

Unfortunately at Chelsea it didn’t quite happen on the Saturday’s for Daniel but going to Bolton where there was slightly less pressure he flourished and played some excellent football.

“He’s still only a young man. I honestly believe Daniel can be anything Daniel wants to be if he’s prepared to give the blast.

“I think he could be an exceptional talent.”

Because you and Ancelotti never gave him a chance you idiot! "It never happened for him on the Saturdays" is because he only got 2 Premier League starts in 18 months. No wonder this clown was sacked with this type of attitude.

IMO until Sturridge didnt move out on loan, he was really not doing justice to his amazing talent. He use to show that spark every now and then but never made use of the small chances that was given. I think only when he was send out maybe he got a good motivator or he realized that he needs to start delivering or his alter ego took over, whatever ... he became someone who used his talents to deliver. Based on his performances at Boltan he deserves a place in the 11 ahead of the other strikers and should be given the chance no matter who comes in.

IMO until Sturridge didnt move out on loan, he was really not doing justice to his amazing talent. He use to show that spark every now and then but never made use of the small chances that was given. I think only when he was send out maybe he got a good motivator or he realized that he needs to start delivering or his alter ego took over, whatever ... he became someone who used his talents to deliver. Based on his performances at Boltan he deserves a place in the 11 ahead of the other strikers and should be given the chance no matter who comes in.

he usually came on from the bench ,,was therefore too eager and made poor decisions.. My worry is if Lukaku comes in Danny will be off ...

bringing players from the weak Belgium league seems a big gamble to me ... We should keep Danny and give him more starts

he usually came on from the bench ,,was therefore too eager and made poor decisions.. My worry is if Lukaku comes in Danny will be off ...

bringing players from the weak Belgium league seems a big gamble to me ... We should keep Danny and give him more starts

Exactly, he didnt make use of his talent. Wasnt composed in that situation, thats what happens with a lot of players.

I do agree with Lukaku coming in, Sturiddge mite look else where even though Lukaku mite not be drafted into the 11 right away.

Bottom line is we need a strong manager (whoever the heck he is) who understand players and gets the best out of them rather than just trying to please everyone.

What the hell is Ray on about?!

Such stuff would have been absolutely infuriating and ignorant coming from any non-Chelsea fan not to mention a guy who actually worked close to the team. This puts the whole "Wilkins was CA's plan B" in perspective.

I don't understand some people. First Sturridge is not good enough for starting 11. We send him out on a loan at Bolton when he goes on fire and shows that he's 10 times better then Torres, Anelka and Malouda all together, and yet people still say that he's not starting 11 material...what else does he need to do to prove himself? We will lose him for the way we treat him.

He is a starting 11 material.

It's a shame isn't it. if a player is good enough, age and experience should never be a factor. period