Daniel Sturridge Next Season

How do you think we should handle him next season?

After his displays for Bolton he will surely expect first team football, and he's obviously talented, however with the possible transfers of Neymar and Lukaku and the competition of Drogba and Torres (possibly Anelka) he may find his playing time even more limited.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to undoubtedly be given chances in the first team and not 10-15 minutes at the end of a game either. He needs full games and has to prove his worth in those games.

agree ,,,even if we sign Lukaku ,,he should be behind Danny in the queue ,,and I feel sure Anelka will leave and Drog will be at ANC

How do you think we should handle him next season?

After his displays for Bolton he will surely expect first team football, and he's obviously talented, however with the possible transfers of Neymar and Lukaku and the competition of Drogba and Torres (possibly Anelka) he may find his playing time even more limited.

he , like the rest of the team, should be picked on merit and performance and not past glories or price tag! Pre season should give them all a chance to show what they have got and whoever performs best plays! All of them should know they can and will be replaced if performances drop

Sturridge has to be played first team, he barely gets enough chances at Bolton but still manages to finish every single one. With a good midfield at Chelsea, that's if it does improve, think how good he would be for us. The only time i saw Sturridge actually wasting chances was against West Ham, i know he scored 2 goals, but he had another two chances, but then again Robert Green played outstanding and gambled in the right way all the time, nothing could be done.

I remember watching that Arsenal match, and sturridge played outstanding, he set up Chung Yong Lee twice, and both of them where one on one's, only somehow Lee managed to blow away those chances. But Bolton still won, and Sturridge scored so that's that. Thing is with Lampard getting worse, we need more english players in Chelsea, especially first 11, and Sturridge is someone to add more english to Chelsea, i would hate to be a team like Arsenal with a team full of french players. Could of swore it's only Wilshere who starts who is english, Walcott has started a lot this season i know, but he does get put on the bench a lot.

But as for Sturridge i wouldn't want to use him just for wings, and i'm not to sure on buying Lukaku, Neymar yes i would love him, but Sturridge deserves to start over Neymar, and more times than Neymar. If Neymar comes to Chelsea that is, Drogba in my opinion will be playing deeper, Torres will be upfront and hopefully we can have Sturridge with him. And as for Anelka, i think he should be gone, can't see him doing any better, and he hasn't played to well this season.

I don't understand some people. First Sturridge is not good enough for starting 11. We send him out on a loan at Bolton when he goes on fire and shows that he's 10 times better then Torres, Anelka and Malouda all together, and yet people still say that he's not starting 11 material...what else does he need to do to prove himself? We will lose him for the way we treat him.

He is a starting 11 material.