Emenalo earns his 2 cents

Chelsea assistant manager Michael Emenalo believes a lack of service explains Fernando Torres' difficulty in settling at Stamford Bridge.

"I can say he's still adapting to the pattern of Chelsea at the moment," Emenalo told Goal.com. "This is due to the fact he's still missing the juicy passes being served to him by the likes of [Xabi] Alonso and [steven] Gerrard, but with time he will adapt."

When asked why he thought so many players including Michael Essien, Florent Malouda and Jon Obi Mikel had underperformed, he replied: "High expectations from fans and management made them play the way they played, in the sense that they didn't perform as usual because they were playing under pressure."

Emenalo, who admits his own future hangs in the balance following the removal of Carlo Ancelotti, insists that winning the UEFA Champions League is Chelsea's priority next season and expects Didier Drogba to stay at Stamford Bridge.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1445307.html?cid=rssfeed&att=

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emanalo was brought in because Grant recommended him from Tel Aviv.

He looks decidedly bored during games, hardly bothering to watch, and I have doubts as to his usefulness, the club probably needs him like a fish needs a bicycle.

However I do not beleive he made those Goal.com comments -if he did his days are numbered.

It's goal.com. Hopefully for Emenalo sake, it's a fake or highly embellished interview. If not, he comes off as very unprofessional here. Even if I agree with some of 'his' points, a representative of a big football club shouldn't be making those comments public.

Assistant coaches shouldn't been seen or heard anyway. Where are all those interviews from Ferguson's assistants? They're underlings, they should stay under.

It's goal.com. Hopefully for Emenalo sake, it's a fake or highly embellished interview. If not, he comes off as very unprofessional here. Even if I agree with some of 'his' points, a representative of a big football club shouldn't be making those comments public.

Assistant coaches shouldn't been seen or heard anyway. Where are all those interviews from Ferguson's assistants? They're underlings, they should stay under.

You are talking about Chelsea, club in a mess.