Stamford Bridge Thread

Apparently KPF architects had been given the task of drawing up some stadium plans for the Battersea site a few months back so maybe they are finished, the club has approved them and are now trying to buy the Battersea site, not that I want to move there

As sad as leaving the Bridge will make me feel, in the era of FFP this is necessary. Look at the arsenal fans, they seem to be okay with leaving high bury now. Hopefully our new stadium is legit.

Fuck, i really wanted us to move to Earl's court. sounds sooo much more prestigious than Battersea. Ha, i actually ended up going to the battersea site by accident, not the best part of London I have to say, not terrible either though. At least its reasonably close to the bridge / is in the heart of chelsea country. Still would prefer earl's court by miles though.

As sad as leaving the Bridge will make me feel, in the era of FFP this is necessary. Look at the arsenal fans, they seem to be okay with leaving high bury now. Hopefully our new stadium is legit.

most of them hate it and think that the club sold its soul to move to the library. Their ground isn't representative of what Arsenal was and Highbury actually had some character unlike the soulless bowl they have now

If it is to Battersea I'll miss the upmarket, north of the river location and the tube ride through South Kensington and walking down Fulham road. Things like that and walking through the lovely posh roads on the way to Earls Court after a match are what makes the club what it is as far as I'm concerned. Battersea is nowhere near as nice as the Chelsea, Kensington, Sloane Square area which we are in at the moment and no matter how much money is thrown at a new stadium nothing will change that. It won't be the Chelsea Football Club with the 'Kings Road swagger' association as far as I'm concerned, it just won't be the same :(

If it is to Battersea I'll miss the upmarket, north of the river location and the tube ride through South Kensington and walking down Fulham road. Things like that and walking through the lovely posh roads on the way to Earls Court after a match are what makes the club what it is as far as I'm concerned. Battersea is nowhere near as nice as the Chelsea, Kensington, Sloane Square area which we are in at the moment and no matter how much money is thrown at a new stadium nothing will change that. It won't be the Chelsea Football Club with the 'Kings Road swagger' association as far as I'm concerned, it just won't be the same :(

You can walk from Vauxhall now, past all the street hookers, gay clubs and gangs....

Ha, so when Chelsea fans say they are blue through and through, they're probably talking about the color of their blood. :P

Got to admit, every single one of my toff friends from Eton and the like are all Chelsea fans. Ditto at American prep schools and the Ivy league universities.

In all seriousness though, I totally agree with you.

I'm excited by a new stadium, if I'm honest.

I would be too if it was to somewhere nice-ish like Earls Court but the fact that the once upmarket, fashionable Chelsea are now going downmarket to bloody Battersea makes me less than enthusiastic. I don't mean that in a snobbish way but it is completely changing the personality and culture of our club Can't wait for all the Battersea dogs and Chavski jokes to appear again. To say I'm dreading it is an understatement.

I would be too if it was to somewhere nice-ish like Earls Court but the fact that the once upmarket, fashionable Chelsea are now going downmarket to bloody Battersea makes me less than enthusiastic. I don't mean that in a snobbish way but it is completely changing the personality and culture of our club Can't wait for all the Battersea dogs and Chavski jokes to appear again. To say I'm dreading it is an understatement.

Paha fair enough. But I'm sure if the fans who go can make it a real fortress then this could be really positive. I mean hopefully the club will be nice and not hike up the prices too much that it's an embarrassing location because it's noticeably empty every match. Hopefully this will also increase our commercial revenue too, Arsenal did well when they sold Highbury to make it a financial success.

far too early imo... its easy to say from abroad but i think a new stadium is needed... Difficult situation for the club to care about the history, the fans and the economical future