The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

I'm going to uni next week, to start a Sports Journalism course. I mean, i havent even started learning or anything but i can tell this is utter horseshit. Such a ridiculous story, part of the constant hatred directed towards Chelsea. Just because we didnt win the league 18 times, or the champions league 5 times, we are seen as some as scum to these stupid Journalists, who mostly support teams like West Ham or Man united AND liverpool, and there bias/general hate of Chelsea is printed in crappy papers such as Daily Star, Sun/N.O.T.W, Mirror etc.

Over opinionated scouse, who's jealousy of Chelsea's dominance in comparison to the heap of dog shit that is Liverpool Football Club, allows him to deliver a cheap shot at Chelsea in general (note the flag comment)

Smug wanker...

Sorry to rant, i try not to make it a common occurance but sometimes i get a lil bit ticked off :S

I'm going to uni next week, to start a Sports Journalism course. I mean, i havent even started learning or anything but i can tell this is utter horseshit. Such a ridiculous story, part of the constant hatred directed towards Chelsea. Just because we didnt win the league 18 times, or the champions league 5 times, we are seen as some as scum to these stupid Journalists, who mostly support teams like West Ham or Man united AND liverpool, and there bias/general hate of Chelsea is printed in crappy papers such as Daily Star, Sun/N.O.T.W, Mirror etc.

Over opinionated scouse, who's jealousy of Chelsea's dominance in comparison to the heap of dog shit that is Liverpool Football Club, allows him to deliver a cheap shot at Chelsea in general (note the flag comment)

Smug wanker...

Sorry to rant, i try not to make it a common occurance but sometimes i get a lil bit ticked off :S

The only papers I read and respect are, The Times & The Guardian. Everything else is usually bullshit or heavily bias, and not just on sports. Hopefully when you've got your degree you'll revolutionise the way papers right about our club :)

The only papers I read and respect are, The Times & The Guardian. Everything else is usually bullshit or heavily bias, and not just on sports. Hopefully when you've got your degree you'll revolutionise the way papers right about our club :)

Hahah :) I'll do my best. Tbh, i'd prefer to stay clear of Newspapers tbh, i'd rather go into magazine writing or something more along those lines. Magazines usually provide more information and fact about various clubs and players rather than biased tabloids. I just dont get how such biased journalists are given the freedom to write/slander a club they dont like, and not even be subtle about the fact they support someone else.

I can feel the rage building inside me.... haha

BUT IS HE HAVING A LAUGH. I hope Ancelotti prints out this story, shows players before the Arsenal games, and tells someone to give him a little kick. Alex, Essien, Drogba, Ivanovic, Terry... I'm not fussy tbh. But if he honestly believes that arsenal are better than us, while they parade around with their bunch of four year olds, and cant even beat Sunderland, he's having a laugh.

It just gets better and better. Seems everyone is on a concerted mission to label us a 'small club' with 'no history'.

Roman Abramovich has spent £457m finding 1,639 new Chelsea fans... no wonder the Russian is trimming his investment

In the seven years before Roman Abramovich took over at Chelsea, the club spent £106million on players and drew an average gate of 39,784.

Since Abramovich arrived, £457m has been poured into the transfer market and attendances have risen - to 41,423.

That is a difference of just 1,639 people, or £278,828 per fan. No wonder the talk is that Abramovich is trimming his investment, introducing cost-cutting measures and reduced transfer budgets at Stamford Bridge.

There are obviously contributory factors, not least the capacity at Stamford Bridge. It is likely that for certain big matches the club could have sold considerably more than the 42,449 permitted.

Yet Chelsea's average gate since Abramovich came in would still not constitute a sell-out. The fact is that while the significance of Chelsea has grown in Abramovich's seven years, the size of the club has remained largely unmoved.

It is not familiarity that has bred this contempt, either. Over the preceding decades the supporters hardly had the opportunity to grow weary of the heights of European football, yet it is noticeable that the ground is rarely full for Champions League group games.

Chelsea should have exploded in Abramovich's time, making a move to bigger premises essential. He has done everything right. He has invested substantially in players of good quality, who have in turn delivered success. He has encouraged entertaining football, and 44 goals in 11 games this season suggest an ambition fulfilled there, too.

Chelsea continue to look at plans to expand, but without the enthusiasm that exists elsewhere. Their big leap came between 1989 and 2003 when the average gate rose from 15,957 to 39,770. They hit the 41,000-mark the following year and have remained there since.

Bruce Buck, the chairman, is a realist. Abramovich is too, in his way. Beyond swapping lunacy for financial responsibility, his enthusiasm does not wane. Even with unprecedented success and £457m lavished on players, Chelsea find growth hard, yet Abramovich has not lost interest, as many expected.

But how many will follow him, once UEFA's poorly-conceived financial regulations take hold? If Chelsea's progress in joining the traditional upper echelons of European football is so dauntingly slow, imagine how difficult it will be when clubs are denied the potential of fast-tracking through owner investment? The transition from small to middling, middling to elite, will be glacial, and considerably more problematic than it is already.

Full Article

I don't really keep track of such things but it should be in one of the Carling Cup games like the draw with Blackburn last year.

Some stats from SkySports today..

The Premier League games Chelsea have played without Lampard and Terry in the last 10 years are as follows:

23/09/2000: Man Utd 3-3 Chelsea

01/10/2000: Chelsea 3-0 Liverpool

14/10/2000: Sunderland 1-0 Chelsea

21/10/2000: Chelsea 6-1 Coventry

28/10/2000: Chelsea 3-0 Tottenham

12/11/2000: Chelsea 1-1 Leeds

18/11/2000: Charlton 2-0 Chelsea

25/11/2000: Everton 2-1 Chelsea

31/01/2001: Chelsea 3-1 Newcastle

03/02/2001: Leicester 2-1 Chelsea

07/05/2006: Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea

29/12/2007: Chelsea 2-1 Newcastle

01/01/2008: Chelsea 2-1 Fulham

12/01/2008: Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham

19/01/2008: Birmingham 0-1 Chelsea

30/01/2008: Chelsea 1-0 Reading

02/02/2008: Portsmouth 1-1 Chelsea

19/09/2010: Chelsea 4-0 Blackpool

Chelsea's record without either Terry or Lampard reads P18 W10 D3 L5 F34 A17. When both are in the team Chelsea's record for the last 10 years is: P269 W182 D54 L33 F531 A182.

Chelsea score an average of 1.97 goals per game with them both in the team compared to 1.89 when they are both absent

Chelsea concede an average of 0.68 goals per game when they are both in the team. This rises to 0.94 when they are absent.

Chelsea's win percentage is 68% with them and 56% without them.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce has insisted claims he made about being more suited to managing top European clubs were "tongue in cheek". Allardyce, 55, said that winning titles for clubs such as Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Manchester United or Chelsea "wouldn't be a problem for me".

But he has now stated that, although ambitious, he was happy at Ewood Park and his remarks were not serious.

"I didn't think it would create quite as big a stir as it has," he commented.

"Somebody asked me if I had found my level and was comfortable as manager at Blackburn Rovers.

"I'm never comfortable as a manager because I am always looking to improve, and my terms of wanting to improve is about having a burning ambition to always get better than I am.

"Obviously, in the end, that would always be to try and get to the very, very top of the industry that I am working in."

Realising what a twat he sounded in the first place, he's taken then back a lil bit haha. What a complete and utter knobhead :clown:

It just gets better and better. Seems everyone is on a concerted mission to label us a 'small club' with 'no history'.

Full Article

Well, the reason why our average crowd has gone up by 'only' 1600 is because we have a 42000-seater stadium... if the figure had gone up by 10,000 then I'd be worried, I know the East Stand is cramped but that takes the piss.