The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Well, the reason why our average crowd has gone up by 'only' 1600 is because we have a 42000-seater stadium... if the figure had gone up by 10,000 then I'd be worried, I know the East Stand is cramped but that takes the piss.

I don't know what the fuss is about, tbh. For a 42000 seater like us, a crowd of 41000 is a sell out. Our occupation percentage (don't know if it's the correct term) last season was higher than 'pool. So that means they're a small club as well? Also, if the away club don't sell out their allocated seats, it contributes to a lower avg attendance as well since total attendance is comprised of home and away fans.

The headline takes the cake though. To say we've spent whatever millions to bring only 1600 more fans to the club is so juvenile that it's unbelievable. That's what happens when you hand figures to idiots like that journo though. They somehow twist the numbers to come up with a catchy line that creates controversy and sells papers.

Here's something very off-topic, but it annoys me..

WHY dont chelsea have nice dugout seats haha! Most clubs have the big, nice looking leather seats in the dug outs for the managers etc, but Chelsea have got to be the only club without them! It bothers me haha, we should have good seats godammit!!!

Here's something very off-topic, but it annoys me..

WHY dont chelsea have nice dugout seats haha! Most clubs have the big, nice looking leather seats in the dug outs for the managers etc, but Chelsea have got to be the only club without them! It bothers me haha, we should have good seats godammit!!!

Word.

We need black leather, designed by d&g (our new suit sponsors) with the chelsea emblem stitched on the head rest.

Glenn Hoddle on Chelsea's Premier league and Champions League chances :

"Chelsea are playing with such freedom these days. You look at them and you look at the depth of their squad and you think that they right now are the strongest team there," he told the Daily Express. "Ancelotti has got them playing. Technically he has a squad of great players - I believe the strongest squad in the league right now. And he has good players to come off the bench.

"They are scoring goals for fun - but the goals are coming from all areas of the team - not just Drogba or Anelka or Lampard, but also from players like Malouda. They have quality wherever you look. In my view whoever wins the league will have to finish above Chelsea."

He added: "This is going to be a tough patch for them, with games against Man City, Arsenal, Villa and Liverpool, but I think they have the strength in depth to cope with it. And they have the experience. It wasn't an easy run winning the title last year, they had some moments, but they came through it.

"I don't have a worry for Chelsea in the league. I think they will win it. Where I have a worry about them is in the Champions League. Chelsea have gone so close now, and have been going for it for so many years, that I worry if they want it too much. Maybe that desire in them to win the Champions League is burning just a bit too much.

"It comes from the top from Roman Abramovich I think, because that is the trophy he really wants, but it is not just him. It is in the players themselves. They want that trophy above any other - and maybe that is a danger. Maybe that just makes you a little bit too desperate, maybe it clouds your vision a bit.

"Also, a lot of these players are getting to the stage now where maybe this is their last shot at it, and they know that.

"You are better off going into a competition knowing you are better than anyone else and knowing you can win it, like they do with the league, having confidence. But they have had a few setbacks in Europe, a few bits of bad luck, never quite made it - so there is not quite the same level of confidence, and maybe a bit of desperation - and I'm not sure that is as healthy.

"It is odd that, in Carlo Ancelotti, who has won it twice and knows all about the competition, they have a manager who should be able to calm that down, steady them, and instil the confidence in him. He is a calming influence, a steadying hand. But it still worries me that it is in the players, inside them."

My local team Pogoń Szczecin and team from capital Legia Warsaw have the best friendship in polish football and we played against each other in Polish Cup. We conceded in 87th minute but we don't care because Legia is one league higher and we still will support them. At the end of this video when we lose we shout "Puchar jest nasz" which means that Cup is ours. I'm somewhere in the right side of the video. I wave green flag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOyF-ih_dmo

Santos have vehemently defended star striker Neymar over reports that he partied with prostitutes at the team's hotel, with club president Luis Alvaro Ribeiro claiming that there is a "conspiracy" afoot to force the teenager out of Brazilian football.

Sports daily Lance claimed that security cameras at the team's hotel captured Neymar and some of his team-mates with prostitutes following Santos' 2-1 victory over Gremio on August 26.

Ribeiro refused to confirm or deny that his players had invited a group of women to their rooms, but accused "some people" of trying to "demonise" precocious youngster Neymar in a bid to expedite a move to Europe.

"They are trying to make Neymar look like a bad boy, something he isn't,'' Ribeiro said. "It seems there is a conspiracy to get him to leave Brazilian football.''

The scandal comes just two days after English newspaper The Sun reported that Neymar is still desperate to play for Chelsea, despite the fact he signed a new five-year deal with Santos in August.

Ribeiro rebuffed the claims, suggesting the quotes attributed to Neymar were made before he signed his new contract, and also dismissed claims that he would punish his players for the hotel incident, insisting that, within reason, his players are free to do what they like after a match.

|| ESPN Soccernet ||