test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Swoopz

Bertrand Traoré

Started by Swoopz,

888 posts in this topic

That same sentence says that he is on trail just before that quote as Andercho has posted above. I've also read from reliable accounts on Twitter that he does not have a contract yet.

I'd take Mourinho's own words over reliable twitter sources tbh.

You do realise players can be signed without a work permit right? They're just not allowed to play official competitive games.

I'd take Mourinho's own words over reliable twitter sources tbh.

You do realise players can be signed without a work permit right? They're just not allowed to play official competitive games.

I think Jose meant that WHEN he turns 18 and obviously signs a contract we will look to get him a work permit or loan him out if we can't.

I think Jose meant that WHEN he turns 18 and obviously signs a contract we will look to get him a work permit or loan him out if we can't.

Even if that was the case, that's what pre contracts are for; so that when he does turn 18 it comes into effect.

He's effectively a CFC player already.

Even if that was the case, that's what pre contracts are for; so that when he does turn 18 it comes into effect.

He's effectively a CFC player already.

Can't sign players (younger than 18) from a different continent to a pre-contract. He's currently on trial, been on this trial for like 2-3 years now, just biding his time till he turns 18 and can officially sign a contract. But, yeah effectively our player, just too bad he can't feature in competitive matches or go out on loan.

Can't sign players (younger than 18) from a different continent to a pre-contract. He's currently on trial, been on this trial for like 2-3 years now, just biding his time till he turns 18 and can officially sign a contract. But, yeah effectively our player, just too bad he can't feature in competitive matches or go out on loan.

I'm sure we did it with Piazon?

Hes apparently been 'on trial' for over a year now, just we cannot sign him due to work permit issues hmmm.. he looks a decent prospect.

Great video, thanks.

Great first touch and technique, keeps it simple (aside from the 50 yard volley! lol) and looks very quick. He did a lot of things right, and for a 17 year old that isn't easy as their game doesn't always translate well to senior football. Now consider that he hasn't been able to play any real football consistently for a number of years and it's mind-blowing.

Unbelievable potential.

CHOULO19 likes this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-romelu-lukaku-2077088

Mourinho explained: "Josh McEachran will go on loan and we are thinking of letting Nathaniel Chalobah go for a last season, though he is for sure, a Chelsea player and could be in our squad already.

"Of the others, Lucas Piazon will go out, Wallace will go on too because he has no work permit. And while we'd like to keep Bertrand Traore we know he might not get a permit."

Muzchap likes this

He is basically a Chelsea player but if another club comes with an offer and he likes it then he is free to go.

They will have the same work permit issue if from premier league

Muzchap likes this

Think Mourinho will be the ultimate Trump card as far as ths kid goes. He's made it clear he likes the kid and wants him, so even if another club moves for him I don't think he's going anywhere. Unless Madrid offers him huge money or something.

Think Mourinho will be the ultimate Trump card as far as ths kid goes. He's made it clear he likes the kid and wants him, so even if another club moves for him I don't think he's going anywhere. Unless Madrid offers him huge money or something.

While Mourinho's comments will be great for Traore I think the trump card is how the club have taken care of him over the last 3 years. Even now, when he isn't officially a Chelsea player, he's out on tour with the team playing games. I have no doubt he stays and signs a deal even if offers come from all the big European clubs.

Bosnian Blue and Pizy like this

Why don't they just let him sign at a smaller club in a different country with different rules, with a chelsea specific buy out clause? First I was thinking about Vitesse but I'm not sure if non European players can sign contracts there before turning 18. They do have to get a salary that is at least 75% (only 150% if older than 20) of the average player of the Eredivisie, but that shouldn't really be a problem.

Why don't they just let him sign at a smaller club in a different country with different rules, with a chelsea specific buy out clause? First I was thinking about Vitesse but I'm not sure if non European players can sign contracts there before turning 18. They do have to get a salary that is at least 75% (only 150% if older than 20) of the average player of the Eredivisie, but that shouldn't really be a problem.

Why pay for a player when you can get him for free? He is allowed to sign a deal with Chelsea when he's 18 even without a work permit. No work permit just means he wouldn't be allowed to play for Chelsea, its youth teams or any other British club, but he can go out on loan until his work permit situation clears up.

He is already an international for Burkina Faso, and Mourinho said they have a guarantee from his national team that he'll keep getting called up, so it won't be long until he qualifies for a work permit as a special talent.

Why pay for a player when you can get him for free? He is allowed to sign a deal with Chelsea when he's 18 even without a work permit. No work permit just means he wouldn't be allowed to play for Chelsea, its youth teams or any other British club, but he can go out on loan until his work permit situation clears up.

He is already an international for Burkina Faso, and Mourinho said they have a guarantee from his national team that he'll keep getting called up, so it won't be long until he qualifies for a work permit as a special talent.

He can play in a first team and develop. He clearly outgrew youth and reserve teams.

You're sure nobody else takes him from you.

He can play in a first team and develop. He clearly outgrew youth and reserve teams.

You're sure nobody else takes him from you.

I'm 99.9% sure he signs a contract in September and heads out on loan if he can't get a work permit. If he does get a work permit then hopefully he gets some minutes with the first team, but I think he'll play for the U21 in the League and NextGent series/Uefa U19 Champions League etc. You have to remember he hasn't been allowed to play those competitions for the last 2-3 years. Staying would benefit him just as much as going out on loan.