The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

• 4 weeks later...

@Beepu I don't know how you feel about Japanese music but these are two bands that I enjoy even though I can't understand the lyrics, the music is quite nice. The second is one of favourite albums of all time. It's so chill and hypnotic.

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

@Beepu I don't know how you feel about Japanese music but these are two bands that I enjoy even though I can't understand the lyrics, the music is quite nice. The second is one of favourite albums of all time. It's so chill and hypnotic.

Oh wow you are the first pure english speaker I saw who likes tricote. Their music would be right at home in an anime though so I am not too shocked to see they have appeal with non japanese speakers.

This song is called in English is called good night and its about going to sleep and chasing your dream the following day.

5 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Oh wow you are the first pure english speaker I saw who likes tricote. Their music would be right at home in an anime though so I am not too shocked to see they have appeal with non japanese speakers.

This song is called in English is called good night and its about going to sleep and chasing your dream the following day.

Not to pry but you of Japanese heritage? Or can you just speak the language? Or just flat out Japanese?

15 hours ago, Spike said:

I don't usually listen to Japanese music as well because I can't understand it at all haha. Though I would love to learn the language. I prefer Korean music because I think it vocally it sounds better/professional (whether through post recording work or quality of recording) Even K-Pop is considered crap in terms of vocals but hey I can understand what they are singing about and it's aesthetically pleasing for me as well, which is another big reason. 

Like this for example. Vocals aren't that great and without the backing track you would hear them huff and puff trying to sing their lines while dancing profusely. But they are pretty and I like the dance and the song is catchy.  

When I was younger I listen to some Japanese music though, because back then Japan was the big thing and if you like Japanese things you are cool. While now you are just called weeaboos. I would love to visit Japan as well. When I think about Japan I always think of it as some kind of fairy tale land in winter. My sister in law is Japanese as well so that's another reason why.

So do you mostly listen to Japanese or Chinese music? My number 1 genre is actually country, not that crap that Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift did years ago. Country, oldies from the 40s-60s, blues. K-Pop is there for the aesthetics and when I want to listen to something light & catchy.

17 hours ago, Spike said:

Not to pry but you of Japanese heritage? Or can you just speak the language? Or just flat out Japanese?

Something of the sort lol.

4 hours ago, Beepu said:

I don't usually listen to Japanese music as well because I can't understand it at all haha. Though I would love to learn the language. I prefer Korean music because I think it vocally it sounds better/professional (whether through post recording work or quality of recording) Even K-Pop is considered crap in terms of vocals but hey I can understand what they are singing about and it's aesthetically pleasing for me as well, which is another big reason. 

Like this for example. Vocals aren't that great and without the backing track you would hear them huff and puff trying to sing their lines while dancing profusely. But they are pretty and I like the dance and the song is catchy.  

When I was younger I listen to some Japanese music though, because back then Japan was the big thing and if you like Japanese things you are cool. While now you are just called weeaboos. I would love to visit Japan as well. When I think about Japan I always think of it as some kind of fairy tale land in winter. My sister in law is Japanese as well so that's another reason why.

So do you mostly listen to Japanese or Chinese music? My number 1 genre is actually country, not that crap that Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift did years ago. Country, oldies from the 40s-60s, blues. K-Pop is there for the aesthetics and when I want to listen to something light & catchy.

Korean music went through a renaissance within the last 15-ish or so years. There was a point in time that all big korean artists would try to break the japanese market for popularity, but that day is long gone. Korean music not only produce better pop music, but now have international appeal unrivaled by any other Asian Nation. Gangnam style took the west by storm, and even Family guy has dedicated an entire episode to Korean culture on prime time American TV. Like today if somebody like BoA came around there is no chance in hell she would stop making music in korea to focus on expanding to Japan. The markets have completely changed.

5 hours ago, Beepu said:

Not at all, the only two Japanese artists I've listened to lately are Tricot and Fishmans. I've a huge library of music covering many genres of music. David Bowie has been my go to musician of the past few months and he covers just as many styles of music as my library. Good music comes in many different forms and I try not discriminate and enjoy as much as I can. As far as country goes, I'm not a fan really. I do like Neil Young but that is pretty much where my interest in country starts and stops.