test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

Started by BlueLion.,

1,662 posts in this topic

Most amazing soulfil voice of Ray Pollard. Just reaches down into his own soul and drags it out. Amazing vocals.

Absolutely immense considering it was improvised cause he was asked to  fill in some time due to bands not being ready eyc. Huys just had one of those voices.

5 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

Childish Gambino (Donald Glover)

This is America

Good vid. Like the choreogrophy

Goes back to 78 when we had the gathering of the tribes at the Ritz Palais. Everyine completey off their faces dancing like tomorrow wasn't coming.

7 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Excellent taste FB

Been playing a bit of Reggae myself last couple of days. Saw him do this in a club called the Hummingbird in Brum about this time before he released it.

I was one of about 5 white lads in the place full of Rastas. Didn't know a soul when I got there but I left being good mates with a few and went on to a blues party. Only cause my ganga was better than theres tho I reckon lol One was one of the leaders of the Zulus. 6'7" lad called Stretch!!! Nice chap. Very quiet lol

Brilliant tune

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Excellent taste FB

Been playing a bit of Reggae myself last couple of days. Saw him do this in a club called the Hummingbird in Brum about this time before he released it.

I was one of about 5 white lads in the place full of Rastas. Didn't know a soul when I got there but I left being good mates with a few and went on to a blues party. Only cause my ganga was better than theres tho I reckon lol One was one of the leaders of the Zulus. 6'7" lad called Stretch!!! Nice chap. Very quiet lol

Brilliant tune

I used to listen to a lot of reggae when I was 18 because it was the best music when you were blazing. BL above great tune, Frankie Paul, Black Uhuru, Steel Pulse, Eastwood and Saint I even bought Cockney Translation by poor old Smiley Culture.

Unionjack likes this

5 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Cockney Translation by poor old Smiley Culture.

LOL So did I.

Cant beat some heavy dub with cowboys eyes and standing next to the speakers.!

Lots of great dub mate - The Scientist/Mad Professor/10 Foot Ganga Plant/

Fulham Broadway likes this

This is my fave by the Purple Hearts. Think it kinda sims up how we are feeling right now.

Chelsea might let me down now n then but the music stays the same.

I did a few gigs as DJ with these when they were 'hip' during the start of the 2nd Mod scene 78 thru 82 ishh. Was handy cause all the record companies would send me their latest test pressings and DJ copies. Worth a few quid now I'm pleased to say lol

U remember on one of the rare occasions I went to school after a summer break I had Ziggy Stardust given to me and I was just a soulboy at the time but I grew me hair and got a Bowie cut with a blue streak in it and a diamond stud. This wasn't the done thing for 'boys' in '72 and was sent home till I grew it out this of course made me skive even more.

Love his early stuff