Portsmouth vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to try something different in this game now! Either play 4-3-3 with Kalou & J.Cole or play the 4-diamond-2.....

My team:

............................................Cech...........................................

Ferreira.................Alex.....................Terry..................Zhirkov

............................................Mikel..........................................

.......................Lampard......................Malouda......................

...J.Cole..............................Drogba...........................Kalou.....

Either than or have a real go at trying something different and play either Kakuta, Sturridge or Matic......

neither matic or sturridge played for the reserves so perhaps they could get a start

You mean like they show up with the right attitude against Blackburn after going out of the CL? :getyou:

I'd be a happy if they prove me wrong, though.

Well they did showed up with the right attitude in the Blackburn game, at least for the first 10 minutes or so.. n it evaporated as the match goes on, we used to be mentally tougher, I wonder if this has something to do with the half time talk

Well one thing is for sure and that is we can forget about Kakuta being involved as he played 90 mins for the reserves last night. Sturridge and Matic both absent from the game so they will be involved tonight, from the bench though i am sure. Still puzzles me the fact Kakuta is not getting any minutes, when he has had his chances he has showed more creativity than anyone who is getting first team minutes.

Yeah but then he went back to reserve level and as you said in other times has under-performed init...

Matic should start imo, drop ballack, play sturridge instead of Anelka.

Yes at times in the reserves he has under-performed. But most of the first team at the moment are under-performing. The key point for me is that Kakuta can do things that no one else in the first team can do!! Sturridge should get a chance to start, scored goals in the FA Cup and looked very lively, not been given many other chances though.

Well one thing is for sure and that is we can forget about Kakuta being involved as he played 90 mins for the reserves last night. Sturridge and Matic both absent from the game so they will be involved tonight, from the bench though i am sure. Still puzzles me the fact Kakuta is not getting any minutes, when he has had his chances he has showed more creativity than anyone who is getting first team minutes.

Would like to see Matic and kakuta getting involved as well. The way the hierarchy works though means they would get games if the league was in the bag or league cup games . Good that Cech is fit, given that I see;

Cech,

Ferreira, Alex, Terry, Zhirkov;

Kalou, Lampard, Mikel, Malouda;

Drogba, Anelka.

Would like to see Matic and kakuta getting involved as well. The way the hierarchy works though means they would get games if the league was in the bag or league cup games . Good that Cech is fit, given that I see;

Cech,

Ferreira, Alex, Terry, Zhirkov;

Kalou, Lampard, Mikel, Malouda;

Drogba, Anelka.

Yes i think you are right, but i would like to see us drop Anelka and go with 4-3-3 with Kalou and J.Cole as the wingers....

5-0 portsmouth because we're so shit. we need to sell all our players and get rid of carlo and roman. <br>

Tech, although I share your frustration, I dont think selling all our players (including the players you have named on your "Fav Players" list) and removing everyone from the club is the answer. Lets try and be a bit more positive and support the lads tonight and try and get a good result, keep these results until the end of the season and then reasses what we need to do to be both a title contender but also a force in Europe.

By the way please view the link I have added here, as I hope to think that if our club was in the same situation that our players would do the same, take my hat off to the pompey players.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8584412.stm

Benji

Official Team news:

we are expected to play a 4-2-3-1 today

Cech starts

4 at the back are. ferreira, carvalho, terry and zhirkov

mikel and lampard in the midfield

Deco plays right behind Drogba with Malouda and Sturridge out wide

sub bench: turnbull, alex, bruma, van aanholt, joe cole, kalou, anelka

Go Chelsea!

Edited by lwluen