Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Watford and Wigan are both reportedly interested in signing him, Wigan are playing in the Europa League this season and Nate could James McCarthy who went to Everton.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-transfer-news-watford-wigan-2251886

Coyle's the manager there now, right? His Bolton played some excellent football at times and were incredibly unlucky to go down. If he keeps Wigan playing in a similar manner that Martinez had them playing, I'd love to see Nate go there; he would learn so much there. I worship Zola, but let's be honest, he's no tactical genius.

Coyle's the manager there now, right? His Bolton played some excellent football at times and were incredibly unlucky to go down. If he keeps Wigan playing in a similar manner that Martinez had them playing, I'd love to see Nate go there; he would learn so much there. I worship Zola, but let's be honest, he's no tactical genius.

Coyle is a terrible manager. No idea why this myth of him being a tactically astute manager who plays eye pleasing football carries on.

He would be in better hands with Zola. Wonder if we can send Josh there as well.

Coyle is a terrible manager. No idea why this myth of him being a tactically astute manager who plays eye pleasing football carries on.

He would be in better hands with Zola. Wonder if we can send Josh there as well.

Coyle's Bolton played some very good football in his first season, that's undeniable. Add to that the fact that Sturridge and Wilshere did extremely well under him and their loans to Bolton were vital to them becoming regulars at better teams.

i dint know there was a youth CL which was starting from this year. dont want him to go on loan now. should stay here and lead us to CL glory. :)

Youth CL is basically cause the NextGen series was cancelled due to shortage of funding. Our boys dud well last time around, losing just to Villa in the finals. Expect them to be much better this time around.

Youth CL is basically cause the NextGen series was cancelled due to shortage of funding. Our boys dud well last time around, losing just to Villa in the finals. Expect them to be much better this time around.

i know. even our youth players beat barca with 10 men in their own backyard. :)

plus i think its time we kept a few young players at our own academy too, so that they can qualify as academy-trained. right now we have only JT who satifies that criteria.

plus i think its time we kept a few young players at our own academy too, so that they can qualify as academy-trained. right now we have only JT who satifies that criteria.

true , surprising that hasn't been a serious question yet..

true , surprising that hasn't been a serious question yet..

Funny you should say that: http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/13372-57-nathan-ake/?p=759242

Haha, it's okay. Probably never was , I didn't know much about it anyways . Thanks though. ;)

i dont think so. the uefa rules have always been a little tougher than PL rules. 8 HG players out of which 4 should be club trained while 4 can be association trained (i was wrong about JT being our only club trained player, bertrand also comes under the same category). i think it was implemented in 08/09.

i dont think so. the uefa rules have always been a little tougher than PL rules. 8 HG players out of which 4 should be club trained while 4 can be association trained (i was wrong about JT being our only club trained player, bertrand also comes under the same category). i think it was implemented in 08/09.

Yeah, that's what I remember as well. And a player should spend at least 3 seasons with the club between the age of 17 and 21 to be considered as "club trained" IIRC.

Yeah, that's what I remember as well. And a player should spend at least 3 seasons with the club between the age of 17 and 21 to be considered as "club trained" IIRC.

ya, thats what i thought too but it does not seem to fit so for bertrand. he was always on loan from 17 to 21, but still makes the cut as club trained. or does it simply mean that the player should be in the clubs' books.

ya, thats what i thought too but it does not seem to fit so for bertrand. he was always on loan from 17 to 21, but still makes the cut as club trained. or does it simply mean that the player should be in the clubs' books.

No I don't think so because I remember that one of our youngsters once couldn't be registered for the CL squad because he had spent too much time on loan. Was it PVA? I can't quite remember. Maybe local short term loans (the ones that are usually under 3 months) don't count? I'm sure there is a clear explanation in the CL rules. I'll look them up tomorrow.

No I don't think so because I remember that one of our youngsters once couldn't be registered for the CL squad because he had spent too much time on loan. Was it PVA? I can't quite remember. Maybe local short term loans (the ones that are usually under 3 months) don't count? I'm sure there is a clear explanation in the CL rules. I'll look them up tomorrow.

i m confused too. here is bertrand's chelsea career.

bought at 16 (2005)

2006-07 - bournemouth

2007 - oldham athletic (6 months)

2008 - norwich city extended to summer of 2009.

2009-10 - reading

2010 - nottingham forest.

by this time he was 21. but i am sure he is counted as club trained rather than association trained player.

i m confused too. here is bertrand's chelsea career.

bought at 16 (2005)

2006-07 - bournemouth

2007 - oldham athletic (6 months)

2008 - norwich city extended to summer of 2009.

2009-10 - reading

2010 - nottingham forest.

by this time he was 21. but i am sure he is counted as club trained rather than association trained player.

Yeah but only the Reading loan was a season-long one which why I said that maybe short loans don't count as he would still be at the club for some part of the season.