Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

he is a mid so he would be our pogba hopefully. and kalas could be our varane

He can operate both as a defender or midfielder,but for me he would be better for central defender,I don't know,I watched few Watford matches this season and he is very strong for his ages,but he can be a great midfildier too,still can't belive he scored such a wonderful goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwpxWOhoH3A

Will be interesting to see that if he doesn't go out on loan, will he play at CB or in the middle of the pitch for us?

surely midfield. he has never played a professional game at cb (i think) and we really need a CDM

Will be interesting to see that if he doesn't go out on loan, will he play at CB or in the middle of the pitch for us?

Personally I've always enjoyed watching him play further forward, but he could very well be a Rio Ferdinand ( :mouthclosed: ) type presence for us in defence. He's a fantastic ball player and he's physically-gifted so there's a case for him being developed in either position, but right now he offers something to English football that is in short-supply in midfield. A lot might actually depend on the progress of Loftus-Cheek in the long-run too.

His versatility might be what keeps him at the club this season too.

surely midfield. he has never played a professional game at cb (i think) and we really need a CDM

I think he played a couple times there at Watford. Also for England U19/18/17/16 etc.

Personally I've always enjoyed watching him play further forward, but he could very well be a Rio Ferdinand ( :mouthclosed: ) type presence for us in defence. He's a fantastic ball player and he's physically-gifted so there's a case for him being developed in either position, but right now he offers something to English football that is in short-supply in midfield. A lot might actually depend on the progress of Loftus-Cheek in the long-run too.

His versatility might be what keeps him at the club this season too.

Yeah, fully agreed. It'd be interesting to see a Chalobah - Luiz partnership IMO.

I think he played a couple times there at Watford. Also for England U19/18/17/16 etc.

Yeah, fully agreed. It'd be interesting to see a Chalobah - Luiz partnership IMO.

I'd like seeing that, but generally you'd see a no-nonsense defender (Vidic or Terry for example) alongside the more forward-thinking one. Having those two would be interesting but I still think his future might be in the middle. Maybe in five year's time we're talking about Loftus-Cheek and Chalobah dominating that midfield, with Luiz and Kalas in defence....a lot of football to be played between now and then though.

For me,it would be much interesting to see Terry-Chalobah,teacher and student

I was thinking more long term tbh. Luiz is our best CB (Jose pretty much agrees with me) so he has to play there more often then not.

I think going into this season though our starting CBs will be Terry - Luiz, especially if JT starts off right.

Pretty sure he's going on loan. Steve Holland said 6 will return to England for the America tour and that'll include Chalobah along with Mceachran, Feruz, Wallace, Traore and Piazon.

If he goes on loan and performs well then I'm pretty sure he'll come into the squad for the 2014/15 season to replace Lamps/Essien

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-transfer-romelu-lukaku-2077088

Mourinho explained: "Josh McEachran will go on loan and we are thinking of letting Nathaniel Chalobah go for a last season, though he is for sure, a Chelsea player and could be in our squad already.

"Of the others, Lucas Piazon will go out, Wallace will go on too because he has no work permit. And while we'd like to keep Bertrand Traore we know he might not get a permit."

Good to know that Mourinho really rates him though

Mourinho: "Chalobah, we are thinking will go on loan for one last season.That's our intention, he knows, we discussed that with him" #CFC

Mourinho on Chalobah (1/4): "He's a very, very good player and I like him very, very much. I am very impressed" #CFC

Mourinho on Chalobah (2/4): "For sure he is a Chelsea player [but] he has to play every weekend for the last year of his loan period" #CFC

Mourinho on Chalobah (3/4): "We think he is there. He could be in our squad already" #CFC

Mourinho on Chalobah (4/4): "But we think one more season and his last season on loan, because he's very good" #CFC