• Kante
    • Willian
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • James (sub)

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/21/frank-lampard-chelsea-defensive-failings-ngolo-kante-jose-mourinho-spurs

The Guardian are well known Chelsea bashers but I think this is a decent article. 

It's nothing we don't already know. And the funny thing is, our recent losses have more gotta do with stupid defensive individual errors rather than the system, set pieces etc. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pressure from who exactly? Angry keyboard warriors? People who only appear here when things go south? Lampard is obviously expected to get results and he wants to win too but if the board are seriously taking a long term view to this, then there will be breathing space and patience for Lampard to get things right, especially when he has had to operate without a transfer window. Of course Lampard has made mistakes this season but at the same time, there are also positive signs that he can succeed in the long term with the right improvement from himself and backing from the board. It'll take a Mourinho season-esque results for his head to be on the chopping block. 

Well I cant talk on behalf of internet warriors or otherwise and I see your point regarding he needs time and he def needs the backing of the board. But still this is not a good time we are having, lose today and put up bad display and it will only grow somehow until we hopefuly can get our shit together. Its a business at the end of the day.  

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Well I cant talk on behalf of internet warriors or otherwise and I see your point regarding he needs time and he def needs the backing of the board. But still this is not a good time we are having, lose today and put up bad display and it will only grow somehow until we hopefuly can get our shit together. Its a business at the end of the day.  

What is business without a long term plan? Imagine if City had sacked Guardiola for the poor results he got in his first season!

What is business without a long term plan? Imagine if City had sacked Guardiola for the poor results he got in his first season!
He still got Top 4 during that shit show.

I doubt Lampard is in any real jeopardy for actually losing his job now, so talk about such is rather bizarre.

Nah its just a losing run that's come at the same time. Its just the same mistakes over and over that are worrying. Which are leading to these losses and so forth. I dont wana just sack cause the problems wont go away. 

Just hope it is a riot..or a fluke loss or something. Long as we make a effort.

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lampard is obviously expected to get results and he wants to win too but if the board are seriously taking a long term view to this,

Which they never have in the past and goodwill won't last long if results don't improve. He's under pressure and if we get creamed by the mou's yids the cracks will start to appear. Can't make it today but I've got mates who are going and trust me a heavy defeat against that lot will have consequences.

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He still got Top 4 during that shit show.

I doubt Lampard is in any real jeopardy for actually losing his job now, so talk about such is rather bizarre.

He did but he had some shocking results along the way, had people branding him a fraud because his football wouldn't work in England, had rubbish defenders and all that but City stuck with him. 

Some here have said they envy the backing Klopp, Guardiola have gotten from their respective board but imagine if they had been sacked the first minute they go on a bad run. Obviously, I'm not saying our current form is excusable (those losses to West Ham, Bournemouth...ugh!) but we will get nowhere without some long term planning and patience. Who is gonna take the job if we keep on sacking managers the minute we have poor results, performances dip etc? It's not like we have a perfect squad right now. We'll end up with the likes of Allardyce, Pulis, Pardew soon enough if we keep on doing that!

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Which they never have in the past and goodwill won't last long if results don't improve. He's under pressure and if we get creamed by the mou's yids the cracks will start to appear. Can't make it today but I've got mates who are going and trust me a heavy defeat against that lot will have consequences.

That's the annoying thing. They knew when they hired him lack of experience! It was a huge risk really and they've taken it.

2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

But they can change? While we have won trophies in past years, just look at how far we have fallen behind City, Liverpool with the short term thinking. Getting results are obviously important but the board (should) know what we got ourselves into this season. 

He did but he had some shocking results along the way, had people branding him a fraud because his football wouldn't work in England, had rubbish defenders and all that but City stuck with him. 
Some here have said they envy the backing Klopp, Guardiola have gotten from their respective board but imagine if they had been sacked the first minute they go on a bad run. Obviously, I'm not saying our current form is excusable (those losses to West Ham, Bournemouth...ugh!) but we will get nowhere without some long term planning and patience. Who is gonna take the job if we keep on sacking managers the minute we have poor results, performances dip etc? It's not like we have a perfect squad right now. We'll end up with the likes of Allardyce, Pulis, Pardew soon enough if we keep on doing that!
The moment we stop winning, your train of thought will be proven right. It isn't something I agree with either for the most part (Mou sacking was one I was behind), but this sort process has been proven beneficial to Roman.

Stability is something 95% of the fan base, just at what price is the real question.

Just now, LAM09 said:

The moment we stop winning, your train of thought will be proven right. It isn't something I agree with either for the most part (Mou sacking was one I was behind), but this sort process has been proven beneficial to Roman.

Stability is something 95% of the fan base, just at what price is the real question.

Would like to think that the board know that they can't keep on sacking and changing manager every 1-2 seasons! Said it earlier, think the board will still be patient with the current results. It'll take a Mourinho season-esque results for Lampard's position to come into question. 

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

Long term doesnt on auto give you success, pieces have to fall in place. and they stuck by pep because he is world class and had been after him for years. I think very very few of us would want Lamps sacked, the vast vast majority want him her long-term. But still its a results business........as long as we see Progress and as long as the board make the right buys and decisions then we will get there.

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

But they can change? While we have won trophies in past years, just look at how far we have fallen behind City, Liverpool with the short term thinking. Getting results are obviously important but the board (should) know what we got ourselves into this season. 

I agree with you except for the first point no I don't think the board will change. Anyway I'm off to the boozer so to everyone on TC carefree wherever you may be.

13 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Long term doesnt on auto give you success, pieces have to fall in place. and they stuck by pep because he is world class and had been after him for years. I think very very few of us would want Lamps sacked, the vast vast majority want him her long-term. But still its a results business........as long as we see Progress and as long as the board make the right buys and decisions then we will get there.

Obviously Guardiola has his track record but City had planned for him and planned for the long term. They even got the executives who have worked with him previously at board level. They backed him through thick and thin because they are aligned in what they want to do with the club. As long as we don't go on a run of results like in the Mourinho season, I highly doubt the board will push the panic button.