Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

Batman trilogy is garbage!!!!!

WTF .... !!!!!!!

A hate superhero films that are taken seriously. I didn't watch Nolan's Batmans for a long time but they were rated so highly that I though it might be good but I found them boring and ridiculous, it's just not for me. I can't enjoy films like those.

I loved Joel Schumacher's Batmans(Batman and Robin, Batman forever). They were cool, light-minded, funny, a superhero movie should be like those. (for me)

Captain Phillips. 3/10

Following in the long tradition of Hollywood films portraying Africans as savages. Youd think a film costing 50m would find the time to give the pirates some character background, but no , theyre just emotional, shouting, arguing, irrational.

I like Tom Hanks as an actor, dressing up pretending to be someone else, but this is propaganda for dummies. Sledgehammer racist stereotyping.

The film just holds a mirror up to Amercas anxiety, its paranoia. Quite funny in a sad way.

A hate superhero films that are taken seriously. I didn't watch Nolan's Batmans for a long time but they were rated so highly that I though it might be good but I found them boring and ridiculous, it's just not for me. I can't enjoy films like those.

I loved Joel Schumacher's Batmans(Batman and Robin, Batman forever). They were cool, light-minded, funny, a superhero movie should be like those. (for me)

Fair enough! Each to their own I guess. I personally prefer the more serious take on the superhero movies. I found the batman forever and other Batman films cheesy. The one with Arnold and Clooney was just horrific !

Captain Phillips. 3/10

Following in the long tradition of Hollywood films portraying Africans as savages.

The film is based on a true story. Also, piracyi is a huge problem in that area. Those people are savages but it's also clear that they are pretty much forced to do that. It's expressed indirectly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracy_in_Somalia

I don't think it's offensive towards African people, it's about those 4 pirates only.

Predator (1987): 6/10

just switch your brain off and enjoy it

those one liners though

I love that movie :) Arnold at his best.

The film is based on a true story. Also, piracyi is a huge problem in that area. Those people are savages but it's also clear that they are pretty much forced to do that. It's expressed indirectly. I don't think it's offensive towards African people, it's about those 4 pirates only.

I think youd have to be pretty thick or brainwashed not to see its a blatant stereotype of Africans -of which Hollyweird has a long tradition. From the Bugs Bunny cartoons when Africans were portrayed as the 'ooga booga' people through King Kong movies, Tarzan movies there is a long tradition of portraying them as thick, emotional savages. Its quite clear the film has a right wing agenda -Hanks even has time to have a go at Trade Unions . Hanks is shown as a person who has a life apart from his job. He is shown as having complexity outside his primary role in the movie. In contrast, the Somalis are immediately and consistently shown as warlike and almost feral.

But hey, its only a film, people getting paid handsomely to dress up and pretending to be other people...

I think youd have to be pretty thick or brainwashed not to see its a blatant stereotype of Africans -of which Hollyweird has a long tradition. From the Bugs Bunny cartoons when Africans were portrayed as the 'ooga booga' people through King Kong movies, Tarzan movies there is a long tradition of portraying them as thick, emotional savages. Its quite clear the film has a right wing agenda -Hanks even has time to have a go at Trade Unions . Hanks is shown as a person who has a life apart from his job. He is shown as having complexity outside his primary role in the movie. In contrast, the Somalis are immediately and consistently shown as warlike and almost feral.

But hey, its only a film, people getting paid handsomely to dress up and pretending to be other people...

I'm not saying that this issue doesn't exist but Captain Phillips is not the best example. There are way worse ones.

You mentioned King Kong and Tarzan, they are very one dimensional films. They are pretty old though(1933 and 1932), it wasn't an issue back then.

So slavery is OK because it ''wasnt an issue then'' ? The Tarzan film of the 1950s was worse as was Heart of Darkness. You said Capt Phillips is not the best example 'there are worse ones' Do you mean more racist ?

I watched this film on Sunday Night - New Zealand Time.

Maleficent (2014)

I give it a 8.9 out of 10 rating.

I enjoyed the movie.

I loved how beautiful Elle Fanning (Aurora) looked in this movie. Her smile, her accent and love all and every one of her emotions where played out in her Acting. and she played the role wonderfully. She played Aurora.

I have a weakness for that type of accent that Elle Fanning used in this Film as Aurora.

Elle Fanning is definitely a better Actress and a more interesting Character in her movies than her sister Dakota Fanning is.

I hate Angelina Jolie personally because in actually fact what the illuminati and hollywood haven;'t told you is that Angelina Jolie is actally a Shemale/Tranny/Transvestite - because that why she never had kids and the lie they told us that she had other problems and that is a lie ,but She played well in this movie. She played a nice young woman and then she became a more bad Woman when got older and then ended a much better woman at the end.

Maleficent (2014)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587310/

A vengeful fairy is driven to curse an infant princess, only to discover that the child may be the one person who can restore peace to their troubled land.
Maleficent (film)