• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Morata
    • Luiz (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)

2 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Isn't CHO's deal running out soon? In such cases, it may not be in the club's best interest to give the player a lot of playing time.

Yes, it (not giving him minutes) may make the player unhappy, but it may also diminish his value to potential buyers, which at the same time makes whatever the club is offering more appealing to him/agent.

I'm not saying we do great with youth, far from it, just that things are a bit more complicated than than when you are dealing with contracts, agents, and individual career goals/ambition.

If we don't give him minutes we WILL leave, and that is a fucking NIGHTMARE, especially if Eden leaves as well.

CHO is potentially a Jadon Sancho scenario, and who knows if we can even get a buy back clause inserted (which Shitty supposedly have on Sancho). CHO can leave on a FREE in summer 2020, same as Hazard

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If we don't give him minutes we WILL leave, and that is a fucking NIGHTMARE, especially if Eden leaves as well.

CHO is potentially a Jadon Sancho scenario, and who knows if we can even get a buy back clause inserted (which Shitty supposedly have on Sancho). CHO can leave on a FREE in summer 2020, same as Hazard

I don't disagree, but you are both making an assumption that he may not leave, and thinking about him alone.

Perhaps the club already knows he will leave, in which case he shouldn't really be getting minutes at all. That's the time the club must not be nice as any form of punishment can become a deterrent for similar actions by other players.

Maybe he's asking for key player wages and the coaches are thinking he's not all that: good but not great.

Again, I don't have the information about what's going on with him, but don't think it's that simple (give me minutes and he will stay).

2 minutes ago, Robguima said:

I don't disagree, but you are both making an assumption that he may not leave, and thinking about him alone.

Perhaps the club already knows he will leave, in which case he shouldn't really be getting minutes at all. That's the time the club must not be nice as any form of punishment can become a deterrent for similar actions by other players.

Maybe he's asking for key player wages and the coaches are thinking he's not all that: good but not great.

Again, I don't have the information about what's going on with him, but don't think it's that simple (give me minutes and he will stay).

If we cant hold onto arguably our best academy product in the last 15 years, we are so fucked.

Did you watch CHO in preseason? Ridiculous to say he may not be all that good. also, how would the club know already he is leaving? He has not put in a transfer request nor a loan request (although loan request may be coming very soon)

I repeat, it is a disaster if both CHO and Eden leave, our present and our future out the fucking door.