Joe Cole

the wes

West Ham United owner David Sullivan has said Joe Cole has REJECTED the opportunity to re-join the Hammers.

If he's rejected the opportunity to go to a club like West Ham, a team that holds such a big place in his heart, surely its an indication he wants to stay?

Yes but luck at west ham compared to Chelsea that's a big step down, but from Chelsea to man u is not that big a step down. I really think he is scared of kakuta taking his place, in that interview when he said kakuta will make Chelsea fans very happy he looked like he seen a ghost.

:rolleyes: we have Kakuta.

we should end this thread on badboy's quote

I really think he is scared of kakuta taking his place, in that interview when he said kakuta will make Chelsea fans very happy he looked like he seen a ghost.

thread closed.

Unless Ancelotti is planning to draft in young English players next season for next year's Champions League, this would be a very bad move, particularly when you think that Mourinho wants to bring Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole to Real Madrid. Supposing those three did leave in the summer. I wouldn't see us retaining the league next season.

I think Ancelotti needs to make it clear that none of these rumors (including the Benayoun rumor) are true as quickly as possible.

It's a good thing that he's getting some of his form back at this stage. I think he was very lethal when he came on in the second half, and there's no doubt in my mind he'll be on the plane to SA. It's just such a pity that his playing time last season was ravaged by injury, and that his form wasn't half as good as earlier seasons, so if he ends up leaving because of that, it would be really disasterous for the club.

As I said earlier, it's important that we keep our "best" English players here (JT, Lamps, Joe and Ashley) because of Champions League purposes. Compared to the likes of Man United and Arsenal, I honestly don't think our youth academy is any good compared to theirs, not just on the pitch but managerial as well. Fergie and Wenger have always had a mind-set on the right sort of players to arrive at the club, and where he wants them to play. If you notice as well, some of them almost immediately "fit" into their plans easier.

What do we do?? With the likes of Mancienne, Rajkovic, Jack Cork, Bertrand, Stoch? We just loan them out. Yes, it's a good idea to get them Premier League experience. But some of them just want to stay where they are and not come back to Chelsea (perfect example, Jack Cork at Burnley)

Bottom line: Get Joe Cole signed up, and tell Benayoun to fuck off!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/01/joe-cole-chelsea-harry-redknapp

The Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp believes Joe Cole has already agreed a free transfer away from Chelsea.

The 28-year-old, named today in England's 23-man squad for the World Cup, is out of contract at Stamford Bridge this summer and has been linked with a number of clubs, including Spurs and Manchester United. But Redknapp, Cole's old manager at West Ham, said he would not be heading to White Hart Lane.

"It looks to me someone's going to make a great free transfer, if he doesn't stay at Chelsea," Redknapp said. "I genuinely don't know who that is. I don't think it's going to be Tottenham. I've got a feeling, I may be wrong, that he's already agreed a deal with someone, and it's not Tottenham.

"I'm not saying if he hadn't agreed a deal with someone and he was available and didn't stay at Chelsea that we wouldn't be interested. I'm a big fan of Joe's, but the feedback we've had is that he might well have already done something."

Cole struggled with injury for large parts of last season and on his return to fitness was often overlooked by the Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti.

Looks like my guarantee of Joe Cole staying was indeed wrong. :mellow:

It's a good thing that he's getting some of his form back at this stage. I think he was very lethal when he came on in the second half, and there's no doubt in my mind he'll be on the plane to SA. It's just such a pity that his playing time last season was ravaged by injury, and that his form wasn't half as good as earlier seasons, so if he ends up leaving because of that, it would be really disasterous for the club.

As I said earlier, it's important that we keep our "best" English players here (JT, Lamps, Joe and Ashley) because of Champions League purposes. Compared to the likes of Man United and Arsenal, I honestly don't think our youth academy is any good compared to theirs, not just on the pitch but managerial as well. Fergie and Wenger have always had a mind-set on the right sort of players to arrive at the club, and where he wants them to play. If you notice as well, some of them almost immediately "fit" into their plans easier.

What do we do?? With the likes of Mancienne, Rajkovic, Jack Cork, Bertrand, Stoch? We just loan them out. Yes, it's a good idea to get them Premier League experience. But some of them just want to stay where they are and not come back to Chelsea (perfect example, Jack Cork at Burnley)

Bottom line: Get Joe Cole signed up, and tell Benayoun to fuck off!

"Compared to the likes of Man United and Arsenal, I honestly don't think our youth academy is any good compared to theirs, not just on the pitch but managerial as well."

1. Arsenal don't have a youth academy they go round to other academies and throw ice lollies at foreign youth players. They just get promising youth players then throw them in the first team, most of their youth players never play for the academy !

2. Man utd have had a top youth system with high investment since the early 90's, plus they share a whole city with 1 other club.

4. Our youth academy has been valid only since about 2005, that's when our investment and our youth coaching team were of world class standard.

5. We have kakuta stoch borini bruma who are all better than what the man utd and arsenal youth or reserves can muster up.

I think on the basis of the guardian's article. As much as I don't want it to happen. I think Joe will leave. Unless he releases some kind of statement during the world cup, (which probably won't happen) there's no point in keeping a player who believes that his future is elsewhere.

Two things I don't want to happen if he does have to go. I hope it's not Arsenal he goes to, and I hope we don't buy Benayoun as a replacement. At least bring in someone English!!