Joe Cole

the wes

Let him go to who ever he wants he is not the joe cole of old and he needs a fresh start. I want us to sign a young midfielder with fire in his belly, someone like moutinho ?

Big fan of moutinho, but I'd rather have Joe recover his form and extend his contract here at Chelsea. Carlo isn't giving him a lot of minutes which doesnt really help either.

Big fan of moutinho, but I'd rather have Joe recover his form and extend his contract here at Chelsea. Carlo isn't giving him a lot of minutes which doesnt really help either.

I don't think he will ever be that good again he has been injured 8 times since the manutd match to win us the league in 05-06.

Cole has been linked with a move away from Chelsea in recent days, with Manchester United, Manchester City and Tottenham all thought to have expressed an interest.But Ancelotti, who has had limited use of the England winger because of a series of niggling injuries, says he is determined to hang onto the player when his contract runs out this summer.

"He will stay at Chelsea next year - of that I am 100 per cent clear. He will be in the squad for next year," the Italian said.

"It’s my aim and the aim of the club to keep him in the squad because Joe Cole is an important player, a very professional player, and one who has a lot of quality.

"For these reasons, we want to keep him.”

Speculation suggests there are a number of stumbling blocks in the way of a new contract for Cole - notably the length of the contract, his pay, and the amount of first-team football he is likely to enjoy under Ancelotti.

But Blues assistant boss Ray Wilkins claims both player and club are keen to do a deal.

“We are desperate to keep Joe. I know the club are and we as a management group feel the same. He is a valuable asset to us," he said.

“I have spoken to Joe on numerous occasions and he is upbeat about his future here.

"He loves Chelsea. He wants to stay at Chelsea and I’m sure the club and his people will sort the situation out.

"We sincerely hope he is here next season."

Aside from Cole's situation, the Chelsea management team have a more pressing concern ahead of this weekend's game against West Ham with the news third-choice goalkeeper Ross Turnbull is to be forced into action.

Petr Cech is out injured, and with reserve goalkeeper Hilario now also in the treatment room the youngster will be drafted into the starting XI for the game at Stamford Bridge.

"Hilario is not able to play tomorrow, so in goal will play Turnbull," Ancelotti revealed.

"We don't know if Hilario or Petr will be able to play Tuesday [against Inter Milan in the Champions League] either."

Source: Metro

Well its encouraging what Carlo is saying about Joe's future. He doesn't usually lie. He said in the summer that JT was 100% staying and he did. And obviosuly he said that he wouldn't buy anyone in January and he didn't, so i guess we have no reason to doubt him if he says that he is 100% sure Joe will be here next year then Joe should be here next year.

Well its encouraging what Carlo is saying about Joe's future. He doesn't usually lie. He said in the summer that JT was 100% staying and he did. And obviosuly he said that he wouldn't buy anyone in January and he didn't, so i guess we have no reason to doubt him if he says that he is 100% sure Joe will be here next year then Joe should be here next year.

Yes, as you say encouraging words from Carlo on the Joe Cole situation. I am sure that something will be sorted out because all parties want it to, and Carlo seems pretty convinced of everything being sorted out too.

Yes, as you say encouraging words from Carlo on the Joe Cole situation. I am sure that something will be sorted out because all parties want it to, and Carlo seems pretty convinced of everything being sorted out too.

Yes but carlo is sure about everything lol, he raises his eye brow to show off !

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti is absolutely certain that midfielder Joe Cole will be at the club next season.

Cole has failed to hold down a regular starting berth since returning from a serious knee injury and his contract is due to expire this summer.

The 28-year-old has been linked with a move to Manchester United after talks over a new deal stalled.

But when Ancelotti was asked to rate the chances of Cole being a Chelsea player next season, he replied "100%".

Cole and his representatives are thought to have infuriated Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich with their hard-line stance over wages during contract negotiations.

The midfielder is believed to be chasing wages in excess of £100,000 a week.

From the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/Chelsea/8565428.stm

We really need to keep Joey :( Fair enough, not that good a season but he is just back from a BIG injury! Give him time, and next season he will be back on track. Give him his money and he will prove himself worthy. He deserves the money anyway because he is a top player :)!

We really need to keep Joey sad.gif Fair enough, not that good a season but he is just back from a BIG injury! Give him time, and next season he will be back on track. Give him his money and he will prove himself worthy. He deserves the money anyway because he is a top player smile.gif!

sorry

you have it the wrong way round ...he needs to prove his worth

He's already proved it previously but at the same time to look at it, he hasn't played much for TWO years all while already collecting 80 odd thousand a week.

He could take a lower pay extension and then prove his worth again, although ultimately it's the wrong player for the club to be wanting to change the wage structure on I think....

I really want Joe to stay, if I was him, and I loved Chelsea as much as he says he does, just accept what they are offering, get on the pitch and prove you deserve another 'improved' contract next summer.

I´ll be sorry if he has to go... but after the ligament problem Joe is not the same..... the problema with Chelsea is that we need to start with the new Generation of player and if Joe can Play at the top level it will be hard to keep him.

Remember that Stoch is playing great futbol at Tweente and the way we are playing Joe Need to be Better than Anelka or Malouda and that is hard to see right now...

The only way he may play is that ANchelotti decide to play Joe insted of Ballack... but at the point I belive that Anchelotti will give Essien the place before J. Cole.