Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

21 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

I am 187 and he definitely looks a hair shorter, so 186 sounds accurate.

I like his demeanor and minimal expression, plus his strong legs. Despite the height difference, I would tend to choose a player like Kepa over Thibault if I were choosing only based upon appearance, demeanor, body morphology, gait and overall movement. Looking them over briefly, I think Kepa looks physically stronger than both Lloris and DeGea.

Kepa is one cool cat with skills and a good build too. That's my first impression. Positive.  Good luck to him and our side this season!

Ho can you know you are taller than him when you habe never actually stood in front of him? The pictures of Him next to Rüdiger and de Gea who are both 1,91 i think suggest he is just a bit shorter so 1,89 is probably accurate. He is only 23 so maybe he grew a bit since the 1,86 was taken. People height also varies over the day by 2-3 cms so actually both measurs might be accurate depending on the time it was taken.

On 12/08/2018 at 11:20 AM, Unionjack said:

LOL Short arse bastard!

Lets stick him in some 6" Walter Steiger stilettos shall we

Balenciaga
Black Knife 110 Spike Patent Leather Pumps FTW! 
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

https://www.brownsfashion.com/se/shopping/black-knife-110-spike-patent-leather-pumps-12707705

balenciaga-black-knife-110-spike-patent-balenciaga-black-knife-110-spike-patent-:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

On 12/08/2018 at 4:14 AM, quickpassnmove said:

I am 187 and he definitely looks a hair shorter, so 186 sounds accurate.

I like his demeanor and minimal expression, plus his strong legs. Despite the height difference, I would tend to choose a player like Kepa over Thibault if I were choosing only based upon appearance, demeanor, body morphology, gait and overall movement. Looking them over briefly, I think Kepa looks physically stronger than both Lloris and DeGea.

Kepa is one cool cat with skills and a good build too. That's my first impression. Positive.  Good luck to him and our side this season!

72tq9pso_kepa-arrizabalaga_625x300_09_AuRudiger is 191cmImage result for rudiger signskepa_de_gea.jpg

keparudiger110818a.jpg?w968

77ed048cb791e628fa85e44cb770b239.jpg

48 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Balenciaga
Black Knife 110 Spike Patent Leather Pumps FTW! 
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

https://www.brownsfashion.com/se/shopping/black-knife-110-spike-patent-leather-pumps-12707705

balenciaga-black-knife-110-spike-patent-balenciaga-black-knife-110-spike-patent-:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

LOL I thoght that the Walter  Steiger  reference might be a bit much unless the lads Mrs were into shoes!

But these mmight be a tad difficult to kick a ball eh. Unless they were detractable. Handy for walking round Brixton sometime tho!

Might get a bit of stick for the goals but I don't think its as bad as some may make out. More importantly, the defending needs to be looked at more. Jorginho playing as that deepest midfielder without the ball has got to be closer to the penalty spot in those situations. Centre backs just stood about too. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Might get a bit of stick for the goals but I don't think its as bad as some may make out.

Suspect he had nerves in his first home game? Spilled the ball twice from simple shots shot straight at him. On the two goals, especially the first one, it feels like it's easy to criticize keepers in such situations. Sometimes the player may just hit with too much pace and power for the keeper to stop, even at the near post. 

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Jorginho playing as that deepest midfielder without the ball has got to be closer to the penalty spot in those situations. Centre backs just stood about too. 

Agree with that. Maybe Kepa should have done better with the two goals but if you keep giving the opposing team time and space to shoot into practically an open goal time and time again, then you gotta look at issues beyond the keeper. No team should have been allowed to create that many chances from simple cutbacks, like Arsenal did.

13 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm not convinced that his distribution is all that good, TBH.

Was tearing my hair out at the players continuously passing around the back when being pressured but given that's the way we want to play under Sarri, Kepa did alright in those situations. Imagine Courtois trying to do that! I know he's most the expensive keeper in the world but easy to forget that he's only 23 and is in his first season in English. Let's see how he does in a few months after we (hopefully) get used to Sarri's methods.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Suspect he had nerves in his first home game? Spilled the ball twice from simple shots shot straight at him. On the two goals, especially the first one, it feels like it's easy to criticize keepers in such situations. Sometimes the player may just hit with too much pace and power for the keeper to stop, even at the near post. 

Agree with that. Maybe Kepa should have done better with the two goals but if you keep giving the opposing team time and space to shoot into practically an open goal time and time again, then you gotta look at issues beyond the keeper. No team should have been allowed to create that many chances from simple cutbacks, like Arsenal did.

Yeah perhaps some nerves but again, the ones he spilled he was very quick to react to and made up for it. Yeah the first one was generally poor defending. The cut backs caused a lot of problems in that 20-25 mins before half time where they edged into it, they had 3 other big chances they could have scored, if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be gutted that my team couldn't put any of them away because they were huge chances. I think Kepa will not be an outstanding GK straight away, hes been good, reliable in his 2 games but he still has to grow as a player and also physically I'd imagine he will undergo a programme to put on a bit of weight just for the difference in how much protection GKs maybe don't get as much as in Spain, needs a bit more I think, or even naturally in the long run he'll perhaps fill out a bit more. 

Just now, Jason said:

Was tearing my hair out at the players continuously passing around the back when being pressured but given that's the way we want to play under Sarri, Kepa did alright in those situations. Imagine Courtois trying to do that! I know he's most the expensive keeper in the world but easy to forget that he's only 23 and is in his first season in English. Let's see how he does in a few months after we (hopefully) get used to Sarri's methods.

Don't get me wrong, I know he's not the finished article.  I just didn't think his distribution skills have been all that.  Better than Courtois? yes.  If it doesn't get better, yes, there's a problem.  but, it's because that would mean he's hit his peak as a GK at 23.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think Kepa will not be an outstanding GK straight away, hes been good, reliable in his 2 games but he still has to grow as a player and also physically I'd imagine he will undergo a programme to put on a bit of weight just for the difference in how much protection GKs maybe don't get as much as in Spain, needs a bit more I think, or even naturally in the long run he'll perhaps fill out a bit more. 

Just now, Sideshow Luiz said:

Don't get me wrong, I know he's not the finished article.  I just didn't think his distribution skills have been all that.  Better than Courtois? yes.  If it doesn't get better, yes, there's a problem.  but, it's because that would mean he's hit his peak as a GK at 23.

As long as he continues to improve and get better, then we will be in good hands. Courtois came back from Madrid in good shape but then stagnated over the last 2-3 years.