test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Barkley
    • Fabregas
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Pedro
    • Morata
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Ampadu (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Bulka (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

271 posts in this topic

1. Seven goals in last eight games, including the three pre-season friendlies so far. BIG concern. Morata at the front of it.

2. While we look much more positive going forward - hard not to be given how the dull the previous regimes ultimately were - we look like conceding every time when we have to defend. No cohesion in the pressing (yet, I hope) and keep getting exposed out wide. Wide players also forced to track all the way back (imagine Hazard and Alonso on the left flank!).

3. Speaking of Alonso, WHAT IS HE DOING AT LEFT BACK?!

4. Hudson-Odoi looks class. Obviously not the finished product yet but he's like a mini-Hazard.

FabHazard, kellzfresh and Vesper like this

Pressing and midfield should look better when Kante and even Willian are back. Not concerned about that.

I am very concerned about where the bulk of our goals will come from as well as our defending in wide areas.

Tomo and FabHazard like this

Just now, Tomo said:

The first half i felt was terrific, we totally dominated an Arsenal side further ahead in preparation than us and dealt with Auba very well despite a high line.

Wasn't terrific, as Morata is our striker and he was a massive FAIL. Its not like a position were our best (like Hazard) is out on holiday still.

Morata has been on footballing holiday since January.

Just now, RoyalBlues said:

We need to solve some of the players future first, before buying some players.

That is 10000% on granny and the board. They are not giving Sarri the tools to play his style of ball with.

I am sure many just think all will come good once the real season kicks off. That to me is delusional thinking.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Wasn't terrific, as Morata is our striker and he was a massive FAIL. Its not like a position were our best (like Hazard) is out on holiday still.

Morata has been on footballing holiday since January.

I touched on finishing being a worry but our combination play was carving Arsenal open at will.

Just now, Tomo said:

I touched on finishing being a worry but our combination play was carving Arsenal open at will.

Yes, it was but no end product, which is the bottom line unfortunately. I am going to try and walk myself off the ledge and think positive thoughts. I am already so sick of whinging about Morata my head hurts.

If batshuayi can't come in and prove a better option than morata do we seriously have to start looking at one of our midfielders playing a false 9 role. Hazard or hudson-odoi doing a mertens?

Not ideal but then again morata is far from ideal.

Amblève. likes this

Just now, Vesper said:

Yes, it was but no end product, which is the bottom line unfortunately. I am going to try and walk myself off the ledge and think positive thoughts. I am already so sick of whinging about Morata my head hurts.

Yeah, but the golden rule in football is eventually the performances catch up with teams. When we were scoring with minimul chances in 2015 under Jose it was always likely to bite us in the end and did, i'd be more worried if we weren't creating anything.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

That is 10000% on granny and the board. They are not giving Sarri the tools to play his style of ball with.

I am sure many just think all will come good once the real season kicks off. That to me is delusional thinking.

It certainly will get better and better once other players return. Not even Zidane could works his magic on this team who is without Hazard, Willian, Courtois, Bats, Kante, Giroud on it. That's 5 starter missing.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

1. Seven goals in last eight games, including the three pre-season friendlies so far. BIG concern. Morata at the front of it.

2. While we look much more positive going forward - hard not to be given how the dull the previous regimes ultimately were - we look like conceding every time when we have to defend. No cohesion in the pressing (yet, I hope) and keep getting exposed out wide. Wide players also forced to track all the way back (imagine Hazard and Alonso on the left flank!).

3. Speaking of Alonso, WHAT IS HE DOING AT LEFT BACK?!

4. Hudson-Odoi looks class. Obviously not the finished product yet but he's like a mini-Hazard.

Agree with all your points...No goalscorer in the team except may be Pedro....it is really a big concern.... striker position must be sorted out

Wingers tracking back is something the likes of hazard will not enjoy...I think our team is better suited to 3-4-3