• Morata
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Pasalic (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kalas (sub)
    • Aina (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)

Yup Sarri has a huge rooster of players at his disposal al.ost 2 entire squads. And as he is not a cheque book manager like Mou and Pep he will give everyone a chance to impress him. If at least guys like CHO dont make the squad i will be disappointed.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yup Sarri has a huge rooster of players at his disposal al.ost 2 entire squads. And as he is not a cheque book manager like Mou and Pep he will give everyone a chance to impress him. If at least guys like CHO dont make the squad i will be disappointed.

Unless hes got a list of their costs next to their names i doubt he will know  the worth of most of them. Its like hes seeing the majority for the 1st time so hes got no bad or good thoughts about them yet.

I'm sure some money conscious Granny like person will remind him that certain players that cost too much money need to be utilized.

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

We have the most complicated situation to sort out of any top 15, top 20 club in the world. It really is mind boggling, between new manager,new system, key positions lacking real and/or players who fit into system, overload at certain areas, under load at others, and 3 massive players wanting out or being courted massively (5 if you count Willian and donkey Morata), plus some others on the borderline too. The short window is going to screw us like a 20 quid Tower Hamlets slag.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

We have the most complicated situation to sort out of any top 15, top 20 club in the world. It really is mind boggling, between new manager,new system, key positions lacking real and/or players who fit into system, overload at certain areas, under load at others, and 3 massive players wanting out or being courted massively (5 if you count Willian and donkey Morata), plus some others on the borderline too. The short window is going to screw us like a 20 quid Tower Hamlets slag.

£20!! Rip off. Old girls around Brixton rail bridge start at a fiver! Proper class.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

I reckon if he puts CHO in the 1st team and actually gives him some playing time other than the League Cup he will become an instant hero

Left back in a back 4 REALLY worries me, I dont think Alonso is up to it, and I still cant truly judge Emerson yet.There's a reason why the three players Sarri wanted most from Napoli were Jorginho, Koulibaly and Faouzi Ghoulam

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

£20!! Rip off. Old girls around Brixton rail bridge start at a fiver! Proper class.

Right close to the NHS clinic too, which is where you will headed after yer todger leaks the green stuff

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Right close to the NHS clinic too, which is where you will headed after yer todger leaks the green stuff

Never forget 1 Xmas my Mrs took the dog out for a walk and brought 4 home for Xmas dinner! Nice girls. Got them wasted. Was a really good day.

What Sarri said in post-match presser...

(on performance) “Good in the first half, not so much in the second half. Lost a lot between the defenders and the midfielders. We have to improve very quickly. The result is not a mirror of the game but it is more important at this moment for the performance”

(on Courtois', Hazard's, Willian's future) “I’d like to talk to a person face by face.”

(on keeping players at the club) “It doesn’t depend only on me, I am confident.”

Seems like we always have too much wingers that want to play at left side, or that are simply better at left side. Only Pedro can play wherever.

Really hope CHO can make it, he seems the best we produced in years, but if Hazard stays, his chances would be really limited.

Thought the first half was scintillating! Quick, accurate passing and loads of positive runs. 

STANDOUTS

Jorginho - Total touches - 101 Completed passes - 98 Minutes played - 45 A pass every 27.55 seconds.

Hudson-Odoi - assist and very good at creating chances off the dribble. I think he can stay with the club, 8 games isn't that much of a stretch.

Pedro - Really think he's better suited for Sarri's system than Willian. Did well timing runs and get into dangerous areas. 

Barkley - Had loads of positive runs and had 4/5 great efforts to score. I don't imagine he will need that many to find the back of the net, he's usually a decent finisher.

Luiz - Bossed it at the back, took control and won a bunch of possessions back.

Bakayoko - Just looked a different player. Won a lot of balls, surged forward, created chances and looked adept when playing direct passes to feet... One to watch for sure.

Emerson - Looked great down the left, excellent dribbling, great crosses, pace and composure

NOT LOOKING GREAT

Fabregas - I thought he was much better in the first half playing with Jorginho and not having to be the brain of the team. He was poor and ponderous when Jorginho came off.

Morata - No change from last year... Very disappointing in the build up and not good at timing runs. Fell over so many times...

Alonso - just ineffectual

Musonda - Came on and looked no different to last year. Too casual in possession and dispossessed so easily.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What's the alternative? 🤔 Dropping our best player?

A Chelsea with Icardi Bailey Martial as front 3 is better than a Chelsea with Hazard Morata Willian IMHO

So if they want out, sell them and buy a world class front 3 to replace. Surely £265 to £275m would buy the first 3 and thats less than what we would get for the second three.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

What's the alternative? 🤔 Dropping our best player?

I'm in the minority but I'm not sure Kante is needed for this system, his best attributes won't be on display as much... As much as I'd hate to admit it I think we should sell him and use the money to fund a real influential RW.