Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

16 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I dont find any humour in the situation.

Sarri's treatment of CHO has been shameful, especially the continual lying.

It is a massive deal that we are losig our best academy product in years due to an foolish, stubborn manager's prerogative when it comes to game time.

Long after Sarri is sacked, his running off of CHO will be fucking us in the arse, same as Mo with KdB and Salh, etc etc

That's probably because you haven't been following football for long. To me, the (over)reactions here are hilarious actually.

Since I have, I find Sarri's statements exactly the same as the 100 managers and coaches I heard before when addressing youngsters, some of them FAR FAR more promising than Odoi.

* in other words, the next manager will behave and say the same things. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Robchels said:

That's probably because you haven't been following football for long. To me, the (over)reactions here are hilarious actually.

Since I have, I find Sarri's statements exactly the same as the 100 managers and coaches I heard before when addressing youngsters, some of them FAR FAR more promising than Odoi.

* in other words, the next manager will behave and say the same things. :rolleyes:

LOL @ For long!

Mate she is Chelsea thru and thru!

6 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Bullshit, I have followed football (Chels mad father) since I was wee toddler. I am now 27, you can do the math (I hope.)

Grew up a little over a mile from the Bridge, (South Kensington.) We walked straight down Fulham Rd to almost every game we went to, unless it was pouring rain.

Accusing people who disagree with you of not knowing much or being some noob punter is weak as fuck. Shows an insecure personality IMHO, as you fall back onto ad hominem instead of cogent, rational discourse.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 4:04 AM, Dazzy_Vance said:

First I’ve heard they’re (Bayern) offering more money. Shouldn’t we be offering him more to tempt him to stay? We make some strange decisions.

We don't know what the club is, or isn't, offering Callum though do we?

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Bullshit, I have followed football (Chels mad father) since I was wee toddler. I am now 27, you can do the math (I hope.)

Grew up a little over a mile from the Bridge, (South Kensington.) We walked straight down Fulham Rd to almost every game we went to, unless it was pouring rain.

Accusing people who disagree with you of not knowing much or being some noob punter is weak as fuck. Shows an insecure personality IMHO, as you fall back onto ad hominem instead of cogent, rational discourse.

you can do the math (I hope.)

interesting, you sound a lot younger... But yeah, I've been following football a little longer than you. I've seen generations of players come and go and I've heard it out before: the managers talk as well as the endless moaning from fans who want to see the player they like.

Oh make no mistake, I totally think you, and a lot of folks posting here, are completely clueless. I consider myself pretty clueless too, which makes me give them, the professions (you know who make money out of what we talk about), the benefit of the doubt. As opposed to the majority here who keeps on blabbing about how they just know better. :rolleyes: 

It's really hard to discuss football with you in particular, because you simple don't know, or at least do not acknowledge the things you don't know.

12 minutes ago, Robchels said:

LOL, whatever bruv. You have NO clue about ages obviously.

Interested to know what makes you think I am so younger than 27. I come on here to blow off steam, and I don't have to turn every single colloquy into some meticulously rigid formal academic debate. If you want to go that route, then by all means, we can take it to that level. I think I already do a pretty fucking fair job of documentation when it comes to most subjects. I have previously shown that  Sarri and Magic Box have consistently pushed and posited a false line and over-arching memes about CHO vis a vis other teen players in terms of minutes played. Sarri yesterday said CHO wouldn't even be good, top player for 4 or 5 years. Ridiculous.

All you have is shade, btw, when it comes to dodgy insults, and trying to slag me off, and the sun's coming up, not going down.

I never went after you on a personal level. You should show the same respect.

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

LOL, whatever bruv. You have NO clue about ages obviously.

Interested to know what makes you think I am so younger than 27. I come on here to blow off steam, and I don't have to turn every single colloquy into some meticulously rigid formal academic debate. If you want to go that route, then by all means, we can take it to that level. I think I already do a pretty fucking fair job of documentation when it comes to most subjects. I have previously shown that  Sarri and Magic Box have consistently pushed and posited a false line and over-arching memes about CHO vis a vis other teen players in terms of minutes played. Sarri yesterday said CHO wouldn't even be good, top player for 4 or 5 years. Ridiculous.

All you have is shade, btw, when it comes to dodgy insults, and trying to slag me off, and the sun's coming up, not going down.

I never went after you on a personal level. You should show the same respect.

Whatever indeed. Once again, I do not care about your resume. Nor do I care about going into an academic debate with you - about what exactly :) - if football neither one of us would be qualified.

once again, my point has been that you don’t give the professionals the benefit of the doubt even when you don’t even have the information they do. As an exemple you don’t know know the contractual situation of Odoi atm.

now if you come here to blow off steam, and I should take your opinions with a grain of salt, then consider me well-warned.

5 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Whatever indeed. Once again, I do not care about your resume. Nor do I care about going into an academic debate with you - about what exactly :) - if football neither one of us would be qualified.

once again, my point has been that you don’t give the professionals the benefit of the doubt even when you don’t even have the information they do. As an exemple you don’t know know the contractual situation of Odoi atm.

now if you come here to blow off steam, and I should take your opinions with a grain of salt, then consider me well-warned.

Don't know CHO's contractual situation???

FFS

The lad is out of contract in June 2020 and has put in a transfer request to go to Bayern, who, from the top on down, have PUBLICLY said they are going to get him.

In terms of professionalism, and definitely pointing a finger in regards to our board, I think the footballing end over the past 4 or 5 years speaks for itself. Massive blunder after massive blunder, in terms of both poor buys and poor sales, as well as horrid contractual management.

We are the worst run top 20 club, from a pure footballing perspective, over the past 4 or 5 years.

Not to mention a track record of breaking FIFA rules that has now manifested itself in the form of an officially announced (and disastrous, especially if we do not get a summer 2019 transfer window, which is, at the moment, a definite potentiality) 2 window transfer ban.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

Don't know CHO's contractual situation???

FFS

The lad is out of contract in June 2020 and has put in a transfer request to go to Bayern, who, from the top on down, have PUBLICLY said they are going to get him.

In terms of professionalism, and definitely pointing a finger in regards to our board, I think the footballing end over the past 4 or 5 years speaks for itself. Massive blunder after massive blunder, in terms of both poor buys and poor sales, as well as horrid contractual management.

We are the worst run top 20 club, from a pure footballing perspective, over the past 4 or 5 years.

Not to mention a track record of breaking FIFA rules that has now manifested itself in the form of an officially announced (and disastrous, especially if we do not get a summer 2019 transfer window, which is, at the moment, a definite potentiality) 2 window transfer ban.

FFS indeed! That's exactly what I'm talking about: you only know what has been made available to the public. Are you in talks with his agent? If so, when you request a meeting to discuss Odoi's contract, do you get it? Right away, or are you snubbed entirely? If there is an impasse, is it regarding what?  playing time? :) 

Does he want to go to bayern for more playing time (bullshit!) or want to move to a bigger club for more money? If the later, his *public* statement (or his agen's) are misleading and merely for the fans. In other words, we don't have the same information the club has. If the issue was ONLY playing time, write a contract that addresses that, as per year basis, and/or per achievement (known as add-ons). That's why I don't think it's playing time, but don't know for sure, because we don't know what's going on. Maybe the club doesn't think he's all that?

I'm fairly confident the next manager will deal VERY similarly with Odoi, esp because it is being dealt by the club as well.

Regarding the rest, maybe, but that's the situation the club is in.

12 minutes ago, Robchels said:

FFS indeed! That's exactly what I'm talking about: you only know what has been made available to the public. Are you in talks with his agent? If so, when you request a meeting to discuss Odoi's contract, do you get it? Right away, or are you snubbed entirely? If there is an impasse, is it regarding what?  playing time? :) 

Does he want to go to bayern for more playing time (bullshit!) or want to move to a bigger club for more money? If the later, his *public* statement (or his agen's) are misleading and merely for the fans. In other words, we don't have the same information the club has. If the issue was ONLY playing time, write a contract that addresses that, as per year basis, and/or per achievement (known as add-ons). That's why I don't think it's playing time, but don't know for sure, because we don't know what's going on. Maybe the club doesn't think he's all that?

I'm fairly confident the next manager will deal VERY similarly with Odoi, esp because it is being dealt by the club as well.

Regarding the rest, maybe, but that's the situation the club is in.

IF he plays at RW, he has very little competition at Bayern atm (do you even look at rosters and future-forward moves before you posit things?), other than an out of position Gnabry

You are one of those appeal to authority types who always thinks there is some grand scheme going on and that the club is infallible at the end of the day and all will work out

pro tip:

you

are

WRONG

as

astronaut-big.jpg

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

IF he plays at RW, he has very little competition at Bayern atm (do you even look at rosters and future-forward moves before you posit things?), other than an out of position Gnabry

You are one of those appeal to authority types who always thinks there is some grand scheme going on and that the club is infallible at the end of the day and all will work out

pro tip:

you

are

WRONG

as

astronaut-big.jpg

here we go again... once again, you don't know my type, because you really don't know anything about me. Authority... :rolleyes: there is no such thing.

Do I think the well-paid quacks at chelsea know a bit more than the random quacks posting here, sure thing! ;) 

Going back to football, which is what this is all about, you think the issue is playing time, and I don't. 

Just now, Robchels said:

here we go again... once again, you don't know my type, because you really don't know anything about me. Authority... :rolleyes: there is no such thing.

Do I think the well-paid quacks at chelsea know a bit more than the random quacks posting here, sure thing! ;) 

Going back to football, which is what this is all about, you think the issue is playing time, and I don't. 

I think the

well-paid quacks

on the board are literally losing hundreds of millions in transfer sales valuations as we speak and have for years, plus have made horrid buys and horrid sales, so I fell quite comfortable slating them hard. They, by most metrics, seem to have little to no future-forward awareness when it comes to the market and their own players intentions.

That is being concretely borne out as we speak.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I think the

on the board are literally losing hundreds of millions in transfer sales valuations as we speak and have for years, plus have made horrid buys and horrid sales, so I fell quite comfortable slating them hard. They, by most metrics, seem to have little to no future-forward awareness when it comes to the market and their own players intentions.

That is being concretely borne out as we speak.

They most likely are, but not "losing hundreds of millions" and "to have little to no future-forward awareness" might not be part of their goals, considering they keep on collecting their fat paychecks. I'm sure that they also make mistakes, even within the skewed parameters in which they operate, but in the end they merely do the owners bidding.

The prerogative of being the owner is that he gets to dictate how the club is run... that's capitalism. It's different in other places where clubs are still owned and run by the people.

Just now, Robchels said:

They most likely are, but not "losing hundreds of millions" and "to have little to no future-forward awareness" might not be part of their goals, considering they keep on collecting their fat paychecks. I'm sure that they also make mistakes, even within the skewed parameters in which they operate, but in the end they merely do the owners bidding.

The prerogative of being the owner is that he gets to dictate how the club is run... that's capitalism. It's different in other places where clubs are still owned and run by the people.

I have been screaming for the club to be sold, for a huge number of reasons, and yes, I agree that the board are puppets of Abramovich, but they still are shit.

Also they HAVE lost hundreds of millions in transfer valuations, and that is cemeneted in if we have Willian, Hazard and CHO walk on frees in summer 2020.

Just those 3 alone had concrete offers since last summer of £280m en toto. 

Hazard £175m from Real (we said £200m)

Willian £65m from Barca

CHO £40m from Bayern (we wanted £45m, and I do grant THAT number might have been attempted gamesmanship, and now it too looks like it will blow up in our face)

Add in the £30m we turned down for Luiz  from PSG (who likely will walk on a free), and the £40m or so we lost on the Big Nose forced sale, and you are talking 

£350m in losses (if all walk on frees)

£620m in total offers last summer turned down (as I have extensively documented for ages on this very board)

we will be lucky to walk out with 30% or 40% or so of that

Plus Abramovich is now apparently (and it was the case that he turned down Ratcliffe's £2bn offer) refusing to sell to any UK buyer, due to his not getting a visa renewal.

He is a globally targeted bloke, due to the yanks/Trump/Putin/now the UK via Skripal etc shite.

I would NOT be shocked at all if FIFA has not been under back-door political pressure to fuck us (and thus Roman) up.

Roman Abramovich on list of six Russian oligarchs targeted by UK intelligence over links to Putin

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/07/romanabramovich-list-six-russian-oligarchs-targeted-uk-intelligence/

Is Abramovich at last paying the price for being too close to Putin?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/21/is-abramovich-paying-price-for-being-too-close-to-putin

Even Russia itself is putting the old bovver boots in.

Abramovich Forced to Sell Stake in Russian TV Channel Over Israeli Citizenship

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/03/07/abramovich-forced-sell-stake-russian-tv-channel-after-israeli-citizenship-a64743

We (as in CFC) are caught in a giant global geo-poltical cold war and paying (and will pay) a steep, steep price.

Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi is reportedly being considered for an England Under-21 call-up – at the age of just 18 years and four months.

The Mail on Sunday say Hudson-Odoi, who was part of the England Under-17s World Cup-winning team in 2017, could be moved up to the Under-21s after impressing for Chelsea and attracting interest from Bayern Munich.