Andy Carroll

Unionjack

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, the wes said:

The problem is Conte can't draw the big name players in like pep or Mourinho does 

please dont get started on that....even if conte cant attract big name players....not andy fucking carrol...if we are that desperate does that mean we dont some decent serviceable players in the league ala Charlie Austin...why andy fucking carrol....

why why whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 

7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf hes shite. But if he comes and does alright for a second option I will be quite happy. 

Except he's injured... So probably won't be much of a second option very often. That's why is so stupid and why West ham fans aren't devastated by it... He doesn't do full seasons. 

7 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I agree £200m should have been more than sufficient to refresh our squad. When you consider Christensen came back from his loan spell and we arguably could have kept a couple of others like Zouma, Abraham and RLC to fill out the squad, we realistically could have spent that money on 3, maybe 4 top players to significantly improve the starting XI.

However the board do still have a lot to answer for with regards to strategy. In hindsight bringing Mourinho back was arguably the most damaging thing the club could have done in the long term.

We were in a transition phase but had brought so many young, quality players whilst the likes of Cech, Lampard, Terry, Ivanovic and Cole still had a year or two left at the top level to help bridge a changeover.

So many of these players were exciting young players, and even purchases like Cahill for £7m were clever and considered. We had the makings of an attacking, expansive and youthful side but the last thing we needed was the right manager for this. I believe the backlash over Benitez made the club panic and go for Mourinho. I'm not his biggest fan but I can only imagine what someone like Klopp could have done with the squad we had at that time. When you think of the players that Mourinho discarded - Bertrand, Luiz, De Bruyne, Mata, Lukaku, the list goes on. 

When Mourinho was sacked it left us with a squad that had no structure, no long term plan.

Then Conte comes in with a completely different system and style of play which was fresh and re-invigorated the club. But he was putting square pegs in round holes to do so, and because the club hasn't got 'all-in' with him to get the players that will suit his system best, we're heading towards the same position we were in when Mourinho was sacked 2 years ago which is a squad lacking a true identity.

Problem was, i genuinely believe Mourinho wanted to "change" but got caught out of his depth doing so. He tried at the start of his first two seasons back (i don't believe he would have got accepted back if he didn't make a commitment to adapting to our new direction, even Benitez altered from his usual approach to accommodate it) but quickly reverted to type when results started to waver, a lot of us  (me included) thought he may have been doing it because it's getting to the stage results take preference over performance, but in 15/16 it quickly became evident he had no plan atall bar here and now. It was a nice idea but both the club and Jose himself seriously overestimated his ability to 'settle down', hopefully United make the same misjudgment.

I think we have signed the type of players to suit Conte's system on paper, we have just stuffed up with the quality level for half of them. Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Zappacosta would be perfect Conte players if he was managing Torino. With good quality scouting we could have found top quality players with that money, one example from the top of my head is Koziello from Nice.

1 hour ago, 11Drogba said:

You made that up. He took them to the Euros.

He did not take balotelli and Belotti. And he never played Insigne and Bernadesechi. Also he signed Osvaldo at Juve, stop being in denial he like mediocre players 

5 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

He did not take balotelli and Belotti. And he never played Insigne and Bernadesechi. Also he signed Osvaldo at Juve, stop being in denial he like mediocre players 

I have just transfers while he was at Juve and they signed Bentdner and Anelka too, aswell as wanting Llorente here. If he is having any sort of substantial say on these type of transfers then he should have no further say on any. Looking at the overall transfer incomings at his time at both clubs bare's a frightening resemblance to Rafa's at Liverpool.

Conte's signings at Juve

Vidal

Pirlo

Pogba

Tevez

Berardi

He could never make a signing that costed 20m pounds or more at Juve.

Yeah he should not have a say in signings. Obviously he does not know what he is doing.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You