test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

2. Antonio Rudiger

Started by Jason,

186 posts in this topic

Terry never got back into the team last season, after missing a few games though. So i'd say there is at least some hope Rüdi might keep his place...

For me he should put Cahill on bench for sometime. Class player. If Conte can move Azpi on Rwb and put Christensen on his place... with Zouma in next season we can have defence for decade.

Good performance, but does anyone think he looks a little bit clumsy with the ball at times? His passing is pinpoint, but something about the way he carries the ball that doesn't fill me with confidence. No mistakes as of yet, so can't complain obviously, and may just be his style. 

His passing and ability to come forward and help out on offence really helps. Did tremendously well at that last night. Knew when to stick back, and when to help. Hope he keeps his place in the team. 

mccg likes this

I'm still not convinced with him , i hope he prove's another Conte masterclass down the line , and after watching Zouma's performance against utd, i'm thinking that money could have been chucked at a decent lwb 

1 hour ago, mccg said:

I'm still not convinced with him , i hope he prove's another Conte masterclass down the line , and after watching Zouma's performance against utd, i'm thinking that money could have been chucked at a decent lwb 

Rudiger is a lot better on the ball than Zouma. 

12 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Rudiger is a lot better on the ball than Zouma. 

I wouldn't say alot better , better maybe, i reckon Zouma is  better at defending 

1 minute ago, mccg said:

I wouldn't say alot better , better maybe, i reckon Zouma is  better at defending 

I think Zouma is a good defender but he always looks clumsy on the ball. Rudiger is a lot more assured and has better passing. 

26 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

I think Zouma is a good defender but he always looks clumsy on the ball. Rudiger is a lot more assured and has better passing. 

A moment vs Everton on day 1 summed Kurt up to a tea. He made a borderline impossible interception to prevent i think Rooney being clean through then tried to play out of the back fucked it and nearly cost Stoke a goal. However he is a stellar defender in the correct system so if he does go hopefully it's abroad.

52 minutes ago, Tomo said:

A moment vs Everton on day 1 summed Kurt up to a tea. He made a borderline impossible interception to prevent i think Rooney being clean through then tried to play out of the back fucked it and nearly cost Stoke a goal. However he is a stellar defender in the correct system so if he does go hopefully it's abroad.

Much better against utd yesterday commentators thought near mom performance!

Has low-key been the best performer among our new signings so far. 

Would be a calamity if he's replaced by Cahill for the Arsenal match.

Chelsea? likes this

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

Has low-key been the best performer among our new signings so far. 

Would be a calamity if he's replaced by Cahill for the Arsenal match.

lol u must be having a giraffe, ffs best performer among our new signings lmao  , stay off the drugs man! I would replace him with Christensen 

Leif likes this

I think that he has been great, other than some difficulties with Kane he has been very reliable.. With Luiz and Rudiger we have some excellent distribution from the back. 

You can see what having a lot of experience playing in a back 3 does along with very good qualities, I don't think Rudiger has put a foot wrong yet, typical modern center half, strong, fast, comfortable with the ball, can play left and right sides of a back 3.

I imagine £34 million or whatever it was we paid will be looked back as a very shrewd investment in the current transfer market if he continues at this rate.

He is what Zouma could be with a bit more work (hopefully he plays a full season at Stoke in that right center back position in a back 3), obviously playing in a back 3 at Roma and Germany for a few years has helped him come in and not look out of place although he will have bigger tests than Everton and Leicester.

10 hours ago, mccg said:

lol u must be having a giraffe, ffs best performer among our new signings lmao  , stay off the drugs man! I would replace him with Christensen 

1. Christensen isn't a new signing.

2. Conte obviously disagrees with who should start ahead of whom.

3. I've been saying Christensen will be a world-class player since he was playing in the youth team but Rudiger has been objectively better. 

4. You obviously have an issue with Rudiger beyond his performances for us, but he's already proving to be an important signing and a very good piece of business. 

Tomo likes this