• Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

1 minute ago, Belgiannutt said:

Team to face Wolves: Begovic; Zouma, Terry (c), Ake; Moses, Chalobah, Fabregas, Pedro; Willian, Diego Costa, Hazard. #WOLvCHE

Conte clearly has an issue with Batshuayi, and I'm pissed off on his behalf that he's getting treated like a doormat. IMO he should hand in an immediate transfer request/become a free agent and stop being humiliated like a pushover. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Yeboii said:

Costa instead of Michy...

I dont get the love Michy is getting from this forum, from what I have seen he has been bang average. And he has obviously not done enough in training to impress Conte either.

Just now, NiclasCFC said:

I dont get the love Michy is getting from this forum, from what I have seen he has been bang average. And he has obviously not done enough in training to impress Conte either.

Funny thing is that when he plays, usually something happens from him. Every game he has had more than 10 mins of game time he has done something resulting in a goal. He also bailed us out for 2 games at the start of the season and has done very well in the cup games. No reason to start Costa over him.

Conte clearly has an issue with Batshuayi, and I'm pissed off on his behalf that he's getting treated like a doormat. IMO he should hand in an immediate transfer request/become a free agent and stop being humiliated like a pushover. 

Surely leaving in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Funny thing is that when he plays, usually something happens from him. Every game he has had more than 10 mins of game time he has done something resulting in a goal. He also bailed us out for 2 games at the start of the season and has done very well in the cup games. No reason to start Costa over him.

I agree as do many others that Michy probably deserves a chance to prove himself but I agree with Conte's decision to start Costa. He's been pretty poor for a while now so this might be  a good game for him to play himself back to form. Also, if he didn't start here, he won't play another full game for 14 days which has its drawbacks. It's also a competetion we're trying to win. There are plenty reasons for Costa to start actually. 

6 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

I think Conte is hoping Costa can get a goal today to get some more confidence back.

10 minutes ago, Irakozium257 said:

His issue is he's not as good as Costa. 

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I agree as do many others that Michy probably deserves a chance to prove himself but I agree with Conte's decision to start Costa. He's been pretty poor for a while now so this might be  a good game for him to play himself back to form. Also, if he didn't start here, he won't play another full game for 14 days which has its drawbacks. It's also a competetion we're trying to win. There are plenty reasons for Costa to start actually. 

Costa playing well: Sorry Michy, but Costa is playing too well you will have to wait.
Costa playing badly: Sorry Michy, but Costa is playing badly so we need him to go back to playing well. You will have to wait.

What is the point in having a deputy striker, who is there to replace the main striker if he is injured or playing badly, if he won't replace him if he is playing badly?

I just think he has been hard done by. He is a really exciting player and has bags of potential. This is the only thing I disagree with Conte on. Michy should be having much more minutes than the cups (which he doesn't even get now) and the remaining 4 minutes of a league game.

Thought initially that we were going with trusty old 4-2-3-1 but then remembered that Pedro can play as a wingback.

Not surprised or upset that Costa starts instead of Bats. He's been rusty these past couple of matches and needs to play himself back into form in time for Swansea. We need him back to his best with City creeping up on us.

Just now, Yeboii said:

Costa playing well: Sorry Michy, but Costa is playing too well you will have to wait.
Costa playing badly: Sorry Michy, but Costa is playing badly so we need him to go back to playing well. You will have to wait.

What is the point in having a deputy striker, who is there to replace the main striker if he is injured or playing badly, if he won't replace him if he is playing badly?

I just think he has been hard done by. He is a really exciting player and has bags of potential. This is the only thing I disagree with Conte on. Michy should be having much more minutes than the cups (which he doesn't even get now) and the remaining 4 minutes of a league game.

Fair enough Yeboii, but Conte has to consider what is best for CFC first rather than what is good for Batshuayi. It's in our interest at this stage of the season that Costa is back scoring goals. Conte really should have given Batshuayi an opportunity earlier though. I didn't agree with the decision to play Hazard as a false 9 when Costa was suspended, even though we beat Bournemouth. 

A good lineup tho I still want to try Chalobah with N'Golo.

Peeps moaning about Bats and I do think hes hot the thin end of the stick  its about the team. Conte said yesterday he didn't care if the playerts weren't happy as long as they won. Hes not playing them just to please them and give them time. Which is refreshing for a manager to own up and say it.

We need to go out like we rule the fuckin world.

Nice to see Chalobah in the starting XI again. Refreshing to see a Chelsea manager who gives young player faith by actually playing them, not praising them in the media, while rotting them on the bench.