test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iceboy

Alex Sandro

Started by iceboy,

1,886 posts in this topic
23 minutes ago, the wes said:

Lol I have nothing against 30+ year old players I just don't like chelsea paying over the odds for them just I would even take Llorente for are bench 

I'm with ya and agree in general. But theres always an exception to the rule. And with the physios and fitness levels these guys reach now theres some really fit lads in their 30s.

Chelsea are chasing star who Manchester United should be targeting

http://playingfor90.com/2017/03/23/chelsea-chasing-star-manchester-united-targeting/

His current contract ends in June 2020, with a release cause of £25.6m.

On 2017-3-29 at 1:37 PM, mccg said:

His current contract ends in June 2020, with a release cause of £25.6m.

£25.6m is a bargain for him 

kellzfresh likes this

Just now, Pizy said:

Excellent player, but why leave Juve?

my thoughts exactly, that is why i just assumed it was never possible and solely available in my dreams. We shall see how this progresses, would be a world class signing.

Alex Sandro could play his final game for Juventus in the CL final as #Chelsea prepare an opening bid for the full-back. [La Repubblica]

Juventus themselves have admitted that they will find it very difficult to keep Alex Sandro beyond the summer. [La Repubblica]

32 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Excellent player, but why leave Juve?

Money talks mate big big wages here we all no that 

Linked with Sandro and Jordi Alba as far as fullbacks are concerned in the last couple of days. The sources are complete shit, sadly, but those would be two unbelievable signings.

Chelsea? likes this

Unless Conte suddenly decided that Alonso should be dropped for some reason, I don't think this is gonna happen.

1 minute ago, RoyalBlues said:

Unless Conte suddenly decided that Alonso should be dropped for some reason, I don't think this is gonna happen.

Maybe but I really don't think Alonso was contes first choice lwb he's been great tho imo

If we get Sandro its a true signal of intent... These are the types of rumours I want to see more of not the "Corentin Tolisso" or "Andrea Conti" links I've been seeing.

We need to go big and acquire world class talent not just good talent like Bakayoko

8 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Not dropped but certainly rotated, huge slate of games next year (hopefully) can't have only one option for one of the most grueling positions on the field.

King11Didier likes this

12 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Not dropped but certainly rotated, huge slate of games next year (hopefully) can't have only one option for one of the most grueling positions on the field.

Possibly, but don't think it is the most important area we need to strengthened at the moment, as Alonso did a very good job there. Personally, I prefer one of our youngster for a backup of that position.

1 minute ago, RoyalBlues said:

Possibly, but don't think it is the most important area we need to strengthened at the moment, as Alonso did a very good job there. Personally, I prefer one of our youngster for a backup of that position.

I agree, I think he did a very good job also i was always one of his defenders. But every spot needs competition in my mind.

also what youngster did you have in mind that could fill that particular role?

8 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I agree, I think he did a very good job also i was always one of his defenders. But every spot needs competition in my mind.

I reckon ake could do a job here 

15 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Don't think we need two first team player in every position, we could filled some with our youths and it is still fine. As I mentioned earlier, it is just not an area we urgently need to be strengthened in my opinion, so we will gonna have to wait if this rumour is true or not.

Baba or Kenedy or Ake should be enough for a backup.

Just now, RoyalBlues said:

Don't think we need two first team player in every position, we could filled some with our youths and it is still fine. As I mentioned earlier, it is just not an area we urgently need to be strengthened in my opinion, so we will gonna have to wait if this rumour is true or not.

Baba or Kenedy should be enough for a backup.

I disagree in that I think it is an area we urgently need competition. It is physically grueling. Baba coming off an ACL tear as backup for a team trying to challenge for PL and CL titles? I don't think so. Also I had high hopes for Kenedy but he doesnt have the necessary defensive skills and I also don't think Conte trusts him.

I agree we should use our youth as squad players and eventually important players when they are ready but in my opinion we don't have any available to fill such an integral role. I really want Lew Baker to come back and challenge fabregas and Christensen to come back and earn a place.