Alex Sandro

iceboy

1 minute ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Nope.

Any club can bid for players, leak it to the press, then play the fiscal responsibility card to justify why the deal didn't go through. 

And if you read today's reports, Alex Sandro is being offered a new deal. So you can add Sandro to the ever growing list of players the Chelsea Board "Tried" to sign, but failed to do so.

That's not good enough. 

Being economically frugal summer after summer after summer, is not how a "supposedly" big club conducts business, especially not for a club that has sold players for the fees we have the past 2 years.

Settling for 4th/5th tier options again and again, then expecting the manager to pull a miracle with sub-par players is not a recipre for sustained success. 

So yeah, Marina doesn't know how to pull off ambitious transfers. All they do is fuck around with their bids until the selling club gets fed up, and Chelsea are left scrambling for 4th/5th player options. 

The past two summers show this undisputedly. And if Chelsea fail to sign theclikes Alex Sandro/Sanchez/J. Rodriguez/VVD/Koulibaly/ whomever else, then those players will all be added to the list. 

I agree.

That's only Wenger's excuse. He almost signed everyone...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

I agree.

That's only Wenger's excuse. He almost signed everyone...

Yep yep.

It's simply gross incompetance from the Chelsea heirarchy that are involved in the recruitment of players for the 1st team. 

I swear, Ousmane Dembele or a Kylian Mbappe could make it be known to CFC that they would favor them over any other club, and Marina/Emenalo would bottle that transfer 100% by trying to get cute and penny-pinch, then piss off all parties involved like with the Stones Saga. 

2 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Nope.

Any club can bid for players, leak it to the press, then play the fiscal responsibility card to justify why the deal didn't go through. 

And if you read today's reports, Alex Sandro is being offered a new deal. So you can add Sandro to the ever growing list of players the Chelsea Board "Tried" to sign, but failed to do so.

That's not good enough. 

Being economically frugal summer after summer after summer, is not how a "supposedly" big club conducts business, especially not for a club that has sold players for the fees we have the past 2 years.

Settling for 4th/5th tier options again and again, then expecting the manager to pull a miracle with sub-par players is not a recipre for sustained success. 

So yeah, Marina doesn't know how to pull off ambitious transfers. All they do is fuck around with their bids until the selling club gets fed up, and Chelsea are left scrambling for 4th/5th player options. 

The past two summers show this undisputedly. And if Chelsea fail to sign theclikes Alex Sandro/Sanchez/J. Rodriguez/VVD/Koulibaly/ whomever else, then those players will all be added to the list. 

Ever stopped to think that maybe we're penny pinching for a reason ? Like say because we don't have a blanc cheque anymore from Abramovich to do what we want.

It's pretty obvious these last couple of years he hasn't been injecting loads of money  into the club anymore (apart from the 500 mill stadium ofcourse :P ). 

We're working with a different budget (the money that the club actuammy has and not Roman Abramovich his money) then before so we need to be more careful how we spend our money. 

This transferwindow we have a significant warchest with the raised tv money and the players we've sold  but the players we're after will be expensive in this market and we need around 4-6 players.

If the club manage to secure Sandro/Bakayoko/Caballero that is an amazing start to the summer. Lukaku deal will get done, if not we will turn our attention to Belotti and i would be over the moon if that happens, either way Conte is going to get his striker. A summer window of those 4 is a massive success to me and any other players would be cherry on top.

I refuse to get excited about Sandro until we announce though, he is a spectacular player. Hazard/Sandro link up is terrifying.  

4 hours ago, Dimitr said:

The problem is we aren't a marque club. We aren't be an attractive club like a few years ago (  mourinho's era).This is the problem .  For this reason we lost Tolisso etc.

We didn't lose tolisso we enquired about him like once ppl are making out he was are main target he wasn't bakayoko has and always will be contes target please stop blaming the board and are club for a player we was never interested in 

19 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

We didn't lose tolisso we enquired about him like once ppl are making out he was are main target he wasn't bakayoko has and always will be contes target please stop blaming the board and are club for a player we was never interested in 

I've heard that we also offered 35m € and he chose Bayern.I don't know the reliability of this source,but nobody can prove it wrong or right.

6 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

I've heard that we also offered 35m € and he chose Bayern.I don't know the reliability of this source,but nobody can prove it wrong or right.

So if he had his own preference of where he wanted to go and he wanted to go to Bayern, I'm finding it difficult as to how any blame can be placed on our doorstep.....

I question why Chelsea didn't go for a LB like Sandro aggressively 2 years ago when he signed for Juve.

Baba Rahman was the answer? I can't help but think that Emenalo is permitted too much of a voice in transfers while others are inept negotiators.

48 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Pretty sure the source was metro about as reliable as a paper boat lol 

1 hour ago, quickpassnmove said:

I question why Chelsea didn't go for a LB like Sandro aggressively 2 years ago when he signed for Juve.

Baba Rahman was the answer? I can't help but think that Emenalo is permitted too much of a voice in transfers while others are inept negotiators.

It was just a bad call in judgement, which in hindsight proved to be a shocker. 

But again, Hindsight is the key word.

28 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

I would argue "ineptitude."

I wouldn't. Baba Rehtman was a very hot prospect at that time. Didn't see anyone complaining about that signing back then.

2 hours ago, AK-3001 said:

I wouldn't. Baba Rehtman was a very hot prospect at that time. Didn't see anyone complaining about that signing back then.

I remember alot of people saying we should get Sandro instead, at least those who saw him play. He was brilliant in porto, better than Danilo. Baba only had one good season for augsburg if i remember, there was alot of hype around him that Real wants him, I had zero clue who he is apart from reading rumours.

22 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I remember alot of people saying we should get Sandro instead, at least those who saw him play. He was brilliant in porto, better than Danilo. Baba only had one good season for augsburg if i remember, there was alot of hype around him that Real wants him, I had zero clue who he is apart from reading rumours.

no

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

no

Everytime I saw him, he played better. And I saw plenty of CL and europa league games of porto back then. 

Never understood what was all the fuss about Danilo tbh.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You