test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dkim2

Virgil Van Dijk

Started by dkim2,

646 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, the wes said:

This bit in Guardian was interesting

In terms of a left-sided defender, Conte has set his sights high and has told Abramovich he is keen to sign David Alaba of Bayern Munich or Juventus’s Alex Sandro. The Southampton central defender Virgil van Dijk is also a target, as is the Monaco midfielder Tiemoué Bakayoko,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/28/chelsea-arsenal-alexis-sanchez-no1-summer-transfer-target?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

20 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

This bit in Guardian was interesting

In terms of a left-sided defender, Conte has set his sights high and has told Abramovich he is keen to sign David Alaba of Bayern Munich or Juventus’s Alex Sandro. The Southampton central defender Virgil van Dijk is also a target, as is the Monaco midfielder Tiemoué Bakayoko,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/28/chelsea-arsenal-alexis-sanchez-no1-summer-transfer-target?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I find either extremely hard to believe, MAYBE Sandro if we throw outrageous cash but Alaba? He is one of my favorite players in the world and would be absolutely devastating in our team but Bayern arent going to let him go no matter the price. I refuse to even let myself dream about Alaba haha

The Skipper likes this

Just now, akgw13 said:

I find either extremely hard to believe, MAYBE Sandro if we throw outrageous cash but Alaba? He is one of my favorite players in the world and would be absolutely devastating in our team but Bayern arent going to let him go no matter the price. I refuse to even let myself dream about Alaba haha

Dreams are what kept most of us going in the pre Roman eras and what keeps it interesting still.

Ive realized over the years that nothing concerning football is written in stone and all things are possible.

So its 'Never say never' bud. We dont know what we can do until we try.

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Dreams are what kept most of us going in the pre Roman eras and what keeps it interesting still.

Ive realized over the years that nothing concerning football is written in stone and all things are possible.

So its 'Never say never' bud. We dont know what we can do until we try.

I agree 100% and if you look back at a lot of my posts I dream quite often haha. That was more of a personal statement because Alaba is the absolute pinnacle of the position in my eyes and I won't even let myself go there and even if it was an agreed upon deal for whatever price I STILL wouldnt believe it until its officially announced and he signs :P but yes, dream away sir!

Unionjack likes this

On 3/21/2017 at 0:58 PM, Unionjack said:

I just cant see him being the answer we need right now.

Theres no doubting the lads going to have a great career and prob the best player at BM but we need a creative, technical CB. Someone who is not only strong defensively but is comfortable on the ball and able to take the ball upfield some to start an attack.

Andreas is strong defending but as far as offence he isn't strong enough yet.

It would be good for us to keep him on now and carry on his training etc on site unless he gets a year at a PL side who could work on him and still get regular playing time.|Caue I cant see him coming back to sit on the bench with his parents and Thorgen bending his ear.

I think he would be good on ariel set pieces tho with the right training.  

https://streamable.com/lvomu

Sorry, Christensen is one of the most elegant defenders out there. Way more elegant than Van Dijk anyway. If you want a creative CB, you should be wanting Christensen over Van Dijk who is more of an athletic ball carrier.

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Sorry, Christensen is one of the most elegant defenders out there. Way more elegant than Van Dijk anyway. If you want a creative CB, you should be wanting Christensen over Van Dijk who is more of an athletic ball carrier.

My problem is I haven't watched him very much at all so I don't know his capabilities now.

I do know he is liked muchly by the people who do tho and to be BM player of the year must say something.

So if it comes around that he does end up as CB over Cahill I would understand it.

Chelsea confident of winning transfer battle with Manchester City over Southampton's Virgil van Dijk

Dutch defender is Antonio Conte's No1 priority for the summer window as he prepares for Champions League return

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-confident-winning-transfer-battle-10129696

On 29/03/2017 at 10:04 AM, Unionjack said:

My problem is I haven't watched him very much at all so I don't know his capabilities now.

I do know he is liked muchly by the people who do tho and to be BM player of the year must say something.

So if it comes around that he does end up as CB over Cahill I would understand it.

That's fair enough, but if you want a ball playing CB, Christensen's ball playing ability is better than Van Dijk's. 

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

That's fair enough, but if you want a ball playing CB, Christensen's ball playing ability is better than Van Dijk's. 

Plus getting Bertand AND van Dijk would be nigh on impossible eh!

kellzfresh and The Skipper like this

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I will always prefer defending than passing when measuring Cbs, and Dijk is alot better right now. 

Christensen passing is great no doubt, but he leaves much to be desired in his defending against top sides. No doubt he might aswell struggle against PL strikers too. 

Fernando likes this

18 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I will always prefer defending than passing when measuring Cbs, and Dijk is alot better right now. 

Christensen passing is great no doubt, but he leaves much to be desired in his defending against top sides. No doubt he might aswell struggle against PL strikers too. 

But I think Conte is a type of coach that gets the maximum out of the defensive type of players.Luiz came to Chelsea in a form that was underwhelming.Furthermore,Cahill was shit too,,but Conte managed to make both of them good again.Luiz became world class player for the first time of his life.

Conte will improve him a lot

I think we need him if we are going to use Ake next season. 

Because we are losing too much height and that's one of the reason to have Cahill. 

Perfect upgrade to Cahill is this guy. 

41 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think we need him if we are going to use Ake next season. 

Because we are losing too much height and that's one of the reason to have Cahill. 

Perfect upgrade to Cahill is this guy. 

We have Christensen who's about the same size as Luiz I think. He can fit in well. A backline of Ake, Luiz, Christensen isn't too bad at all.

Fernando likes this

39 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

We have Christensen who's about the same size as Luiz I think. He can fit in well. A backline of Ake, Luiz, Christensen isn't too bad at all.

Azpi on the bench?

10 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

Azpi on the bench?

No, not at all. It's healthy competition, not sure who I'd start to be honest. That backline is very nice though as they are all essentially ball playing CBs. I just stated it as an option.

Kieran. likes this

55 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I think there are way to many PL teams with big physical strikers, or other target men, that would bully that defence. Thats why we need someone like VVD to balance it out.

Unionjack and the wes like this

Just now, marflow said:

I think there are way to many PL teams with big physical strikers, or other target men, that would bully that defence. Thats why we need someone like VVD to balance it out.

Luiz and Ake were okay today with Kane, who's one of the most powerful strikers in the league? 

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Luiz and Ake were okay today with Kane, who's one of the most powerful strikers in the league? 

Ake was standing next to Kane when he scored with his head (1-1). Luiz and Cahill struggled alot with Benteke, Zaha, Rashford etc in our latest games. 

Unionjack and Blue-in-me-Veins like this