Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

LOL well 28 in 3 months - but hes not going to get any quicker is he?

But even at 28, that is a fairly young age. LB really start getting slower from their early 30s. Way too early to talk about replacing him based on age-wise.

39 minutes ago, Stats said:

But even at 28, that is a fairly young age. LB really start getting slower from their early 30s. Way too early to talk about replacing him based on age-wise.

28 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I hate how 28 is nowadays seen as old :D

Its not at all like I'm an ageist. All I want is the best possible Chelsea team that we can put together Habing both him and Luiz playing together makes us far too weak at the back. They are both better offensively and I would upgrade both is we could..

I've already suggested we try him out as a striker as he is far better going forward than he is defending and you must agree with that.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Been chatting here about the 'what if' whether RM will come for Alonso - and with him getting slower and older who is there to replace him

My initial choice Telles is also getting to that age and I would prefer someone who will grow along with the team and be around awhile,

Was thinking Alex Grimaldo  or Gaya??

Both Manc teams looked at him Grimaldo last summer and I know Benfica knocked Spuds this summer but think they only offered £25mill. And Mou wanted Gaya this year.

They are both very similar to Alonso only faster and are better defense wise. Noth great on the ball, good passesr and a wicked left foot for set pieces.

I like them both. What ya reckon?

You forgot my post. Telles and Gaya are more than likely off the table. Telles is only 25, so not too old yet, even I am not that harsh (plus vanity, as I am 26 so not doing to call a 25 yo too old!! LOLOL)

Bad news now. I just was digging around and José Gayà's new release clause was raised to 100m euro when he signed a new 5 year contract. So there is a huge previous option now we have to take off the table for LB's.

Also, get ready to pull the other best actually available option. Alex Telles. He is on verge of signing new 5 year deal with a reported 75m euro release clause. Porto turned down 40m euro from Bayern (they already have Alaba at LB FFS!!! Greedy cunts!) at the end of the window 3 weeks ago.

Those were by far my 2 best options (along with the probably too expensive Sessegnon), as even IF Juve finally did agree to sell us Alex Sandro in the summer, he is probably too old now. I don't think we should pay £70m or so for a LB that we on get a season and a half out of before he turns 30. Remember there are only TWO superb LB's on planet over 28. Marcelo who turns 31 in May and is slowing down to point RM want Alonso for replacement, and Jordi Alba, who turns 30 in March.

With Gaya and (grrrr) Telles off the table, it's down to a pretty small number of acceptable level replacements. Manure is not going to sell Shaw.

TBH, I would take a healthy, pre-injury level Emerson over any of these except Sessegnon. But, is THAT Emerson ever going to emerge again? I am really getting worried. Also we need to try out Baba one final time.

In order (and none of these are easy pulls, all factors taken in, Firpo is probably best shot, as the first 3 will be so hard):

1. Ryan Sessegnon (IF we would use him as a left back, he is by far the best option, albeit will be crazy expensive)

2. Alejandro Grimaldo - Benfica (so many big clubs want him, our odds are poor)

3. Wendell - Bayer Leverkusen  (was a beast last night in the EL) BTW, it fucking sucks that Bayer has SO many players I drool over! Bailey, Havertz, Henrichs (gone now), Wendell, Tah, Retsos, 18yo Paulinho, (a probable superstar LW), Lucas Alario (striker option not discussed a lot), and Brandt.

4. Júnior Firpo - Real Betis (new addition, been watching him for 2 years, he is ready to play EPL ball, Shitty want him badly)

5. Layvin Kurzawa - PSG

6. Raphaël Guerreiro - Borussia Dortmund

7. Dalbert - Inter Milan

8. Theo Hernández - Real Madrid

9. Ferland Mendy - Lyon

10. Kieran Tierney - Celtic

11. Marcelo Saracchi - RB Leipzig 

12. Aarón Martín - Mainz

13. Borna Sosa - Stuttgart

14. Hamza Mendyl - Schalke

15. Jorge - Porto

16. Toni Lato - Valencia

I don't know if I would like him to keep scoring, because that way we will never get rid of him. This way at least we can all see that he is average, including manager and board.

On the other hand I would REALLY like him to keep scoring, because this team lacks goals badly.

Tough choice.

41 minutes ago, El P. said:

This way at least we can all see that he is average, including manager and board.

The board loves average, otherwise the numpty cunts would not be talking about EXTENSIONS for shit Willian and Luiz and Sarri as well, as he keep playing the rotters.

I don't want Willian or Luiz on the team, I want them sold, which should have been done 2 or 3 bloody months ago

along with (not say all these should have been sold at once, obviously, but they ALL (or almost all) need to go go go and the sooner the better, as we lose value each passing month)

Willian (listed again just to make sure all know)

Luiz (listed again just to make sure all know)

Álvaro Morata GONE, DONE, ffs, what a blunder, bitter I am over all of it, including Conte/Costa

Tiémoué Bakayoko just sell him, as long as it is 35m or so, good riddance, complete bust, foolish shit board buy (he is a really nice guy though, true shame he is shit, I Thought he might have been a beast,he SHOULD have been a beast, oh well)

Willy Caballero (surely we can find a better backup keeper,and in this case a homegrown one)

Gary Cahill should have been sold last January, surely this summer past

Marcos Alonso (sorry bruv, you going to RM for £40m or so, ciaooooooo)

Emerson (sell him IF he is permanently fucked up from his knee and cannot ever again reach Roma form) << this is a fucking shame, as he was a badass LB at Roma, pre injury, Alonso's ass would be gone or backup if he had not been hurt so badly

Davide Zappacosta (he has been a bust overall, again very disappointing, but we need to find Azpi eventual replacement, and Zappa aint it)

Cesc Fàbregas    bye bye, too old

Danny Drinkwater  nothing more needs to be said, a true WTF!

Ruben Loftus-Cheek (with a buyback clause) or loan him out please, flip a coin, after baka and Morata, the most disappointing player on her, and most frustrating as she should be a MONSTER

Marco van Ginkel , sell him to PSV as soon as he recovers, he actually, if not hurt is better than Drinkwater, I fully believe that

Lucas Piazón sell him, bye bye, not upto snuff, not even close, sorry

Victor Moses Sarri obviously doesnt want him, that said, i would have done a backflip if he had started today over Willian at RW, hell he might have scored against his old team

Baba Rahman I want to give him a shot to see if he can play Sarriball, if he cannot, GONE, sell the lad, he is my wildcard longshot in that I think he might actually be good, another injury nightmare has fucked him

Kenedy sell sell sell, shame that cunt Ashley is fucking criminally cheap twat (I think the FA needs to stepp in and make him sell the club, he is raping it for his own fat ass) or we he would have been sold to the Geordie twats last summer

Kurt Zouma, the WORST injury victim, a fucking shame, he would have been a top 10 CB in world, a monster, but he isperma fucked, sell him, he will never be as good as before, 

Charly Musonda  he isn't good enough,and has a shit attitude, bye bye

Tammy Abraham sell him, maybe put a buyback clause in, I don't rate him at all atm, huge bust so far

Michy Batshuayi , I have no clue why we loaned him out, he could be either  (1) our starting striker and finally the answer or (2) we would know for sure he isn't good enough and then WE SELL him, loaning him out was fucking stupid move

21 deadwoods or non fits for Sarriball (or players we need to finally found are or are not deadwood or non'fits)

lots of chopping needs to be done

in an ideal world, Bats, Baba, Emerson (injury lingering is his issue) and RLC finally come good, but I doubt it

we also will have to sell like 30 other loanees too, IF FIFA new 8 man limit is put into effect

bowieCHANGES-e1459439693930.png

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The board loves average, otherwise the numpty cunts would not be talking about EXTENSIONS for shit Willian and Luiz and Sarri as well, as he keep playing the rotters.

1 hour ago, El P. said:

This way at least we can all see that he is average, including manager and board.

This average manager has led those rotters to 6 wins out of 7. One draw and "Sarri Out" seeds getting planted already? So fucking spoilt.

1 hour ago, El P. said:

I don't know if I would like him to keep scoring, because that way we will never get rid of him. This way at least we can all see that he is average, including manager and board.

On the other hand I would REALLY like him to keep scoring, because this team lacks goals badly.

Tough choice.

Suspect we understand the word "average" a bit differently.

You say in your post that we have so few goal scorers in the team, which by definition makes Alonso, a goal scorer, not average. In a broader sense, a player who is linked with RM and plays for Spain is not average.

Once again, just pointing out that there is personal preference in the mix here, which is absolutely fine of course. On the other hand, in a game where (the key player) Hazard was invisible, I'm surprised to find this thread (of the left back) so active... :) are we not expecting a bit too much from our left back? "Just" defending seems to be enough for the other one...

4 minutes ago, manpe said:

This average manager has led those rotters to 6 wins out of 7. One draw and "Sarri Out" seeds getting planted already? So fucking spoilt.

I never ONCE said Sarri out!

FFS! Thats a complete bullshit takeaway. 

I am reality based, you apparently are not and/or just a hit 'n run cheapshot artist

Just now, Vesper said:

I never ONCE said Sarri out!

FFS! Thats a complete bullshit takeaway. 

I am reality based, you apparently are not and/or just a hit 'n run cheapshot artist

I didn't even claim that you said it, you didn't read my post properly. And I don't know what this hit n run cheapshot artist means, so that can't really offend me if you were trying to.

10 hours ago, Stats said:

As i repeatedly post, there is a grand total of TWO world class LB's over 28yo,

just 2

Marcelo 31 in May 2019

Jordi Alba 30 in March 2019

thats it, not joking

at DMF, there is ONE WC player over 30

Fernandinho, and soon (2 years more MAX) we will not be WC, as he turns 34 in May and is already showing signs of slowing done compared to last year even

1 minute ago, manpe said:

I didn't even claim that you said it, you didn't read my post properly. And I don't know what this hit n run cheapshot artist means, so that can't really offend me if you were trying to.

8247ccfd00332c9c506b1f6bfeb33560.png

yes you did, and I am NOT spoilt

I want a good team and to win trophies

Are you going to call Barca, RM, Bayern, Juve, Manure punters spoilt?

Why should the biggest team in the arguably most important city in the world for the last 150 to 200 years settle for average?

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I don't want Willian or Luiz on the team, I want them sold, which should have been done 2 or 3 bloody months ago

along with (not say all these should have been sold at once, obviously, but they ALL (or almost all) need to go go go and the sooner the better, as we lose value each passing month)

Willian (listed again just to make sure all know)

Luiz (listed again just to make sure all know)

Álvaro Morata GONE, DONE, ffs, what a blunder, bitter I am over all of it, including Conte/Costa

Tiémoué Bakayoko just sell him, as long as it is 35m or so, good riddance, complete bust, foolish shit board buy (he is a really nice guy though, true shame he is shit, I Thought he might have been a beast,he SHOULD have been a beast, oh well)

Willy Caballero (surely we can find a better backup keeper,and in this case a homegrown one)

Gary Cahill should have been sold last January, surely this summer past

Marcos Alonso (sorry bruv, you going to RM for £40m or so, ciaooooooo)

Emerson (sell him IF he is permanently fucked up from his knee and cannot ever again reach Roma form) << this is a fucking shame, as he was a badass LB at Roma, pre injury, Alonso's ass would be gone or backup if he had not been hurt so badly

Davide Zappacosta (he has been a bust overall, again very disappointing, but we need to find Azpi eventual replacement, and Zappa aint it)

Cesc Fàbregas    bye bye, too old

Danny Drinkwater  nothing more needs to be said, a true WTF!

Ruben Loftus-Cheek (with a buyback clause) or loan him out please, flip a coin, after baka and Morata, the most disappointing player on her, and most frustrating as she should be a MONSTER

Marco van Ginkel , sell him to PSV as soon as he recovers, he actually, if not hurt is better than Drinkwater, I fully believe that

Lucas Piazón sell him, bye bye, not upto snuff, not even close, sorry

Victor Moses Sarri obviously doesnt want him, that said, i would have done a backflip if he had started today over Willian at RW, hell he might have scored against his old team

Baba Rahman I want to give him a shot to see if he can play Sarriball, if he cannot, GONE, sell the lad, he is my wildcard longshot in that I think he might actually be good, another injury nightmare has fucked him

Kenedy sell sell sell, shame that cunt Ashley is fucking criminally cheap twat (I think the FA needs to stepp in and make him sell the club, he is raping it for his own fat ass) or we he would have been sold to the Geordie twats last summer

Kurt Zouma, the WORST injury victim, a fucking shame, he would have been a top 10 CB in world, a monster, but he isperma fucked, sell him, he will never be as good as before, 

Charly Musonda  he isn't good enough,and has a shit attitude, bye bye

Tammy Abraham sell him, maybe put a buyback clause in, I don't rate him at all atm, huge bust so far

Michy Batshuayi , I have no clue why we loaned him out, he could be either  (1) our starting striker and finally the answer or (2) we would know for sure he isn't good enough and then WE SELL him, loaning him out was fucking stupid move

21 deadwoods or non fits for Sarriball (or players we need to finally found are or are not deadwood or non'fits)

lots of chopping needs to be done

in an ideal world, Bats, Baba, Emerson (injury lingering is his issue) and RLC finally come good, but I doubt it

we also will have to sell like 30 other loanees too, IF FIFA new 8 man limit is put into effect

bowieCHANGES-e1459439693930.png

tho

I almost agree with you like always.
but for Marcos Alonso we can take also £50-55B becouse only40? 
Emerson should be keeped almost one year more, he has few opportunitis
and i keep also Fabregas (maybe) yes, he is old but he is one of the best passing skill of last 10 year ( near by xavi, pirlo...) and his pure ability are still above those of jorginho! Jorginho knows better sarri style and he's more younger and more dinamic, but for let jorginho rest fabregas will be very okay! 
RLC and Abrahim sell with buyclause or on loan 
For the others I sell all with indicative price:

Willian: £65B
Luiz: £25B
Álvaro Morata
 £55B
Tiémoué Bakayoko  £30B??
Gary Cahill £10B??
Marcos Alonso £55B
Davide Zappacosta  £15B
Danny Drinkwater  £15B
Marco van Ginkel £10B
Lucas Piazón £5B
Victor Moses £20B
Baba Rahman £10B
 Kenedy £10B
 Kurt Zouma £15B
Charly Musonda £5B
 Michy Batshuayi £40B
others are: Kalas, hector,baker and maybe someone else for total about £20B
total plus or minus £360B
with that buy 2-3 players and give opportunity to young!
My team for example with 433: (some players can play in more position so i write they more times (the first on in uppercase and then in lower case)
CB: RUDIGER, AC, AMPADU, azpilicueta, other (maybe one like kalas instead of sell him)
RB and LB: AZPILICUETA, EMERSON, new Buy for left and right
CC: JORGINHO, KANTE, KOVACIC,FABREGAS, BARKLEY, ampadu
WL: HAZARD, CHO
WR: (new buy like DYBALA), PEDRO
Striker (new) and second like giroud.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

8247ccfd00332c9c506b1f6bfeb33560.png

yes you did, and I am NOT spoilt

I want a good team and to win trophies

Are you going to call Barca, RM, Bayern, Juve, Manure punters spoilt?

Why should the biggest team in the arguably most important city in the world for the last 150 to 200 years settle for average?

No I didn't, I said that the seeds were getting planted, not that you outright said Sarri out. Difference. Don't think I've ever seen a bad word about Sarri on here before today, don't think it's a coincidence that it's happened just after we dropped our first points. I think it's premature to call Sarri average after such a brilliant start, also your last sentence now strongly hints that you want him out.

1 minute ago, blues.bridge said:

I almost agree with you like always.
but for Marcos Alonso we can take also £50-55B becouse only40? 
Emerson should be keeped almost one year more, he has few opportunitis
and i keep also Fabregas (maybe) yes, he is old but he is one of the best passing skill of last 10 year ( near by xavi, pirlo...) and his pure ability are still above those of jorginho! Jorginho knows better sarri style and he's more younger and more dinamic, but for let jorginho rest fabregas will be very okay! 
RLC and Abrahim sell with buyclause or on loan 
For the others I sell all with indicative price:

Willian: £65B
Luiz: £25B
Álvaro Morata
 £55B
Tiémoué Bakayoko  £30B??
Gary Cahill £10B??
Marcos Alonso £55B
Davide Zappacosta  £15B
Danny Drinkwater  £15B
Marco van Ginkel £10B
Lucas Piazón £5B
Victor Moses £20B
Baba Rahman £10B
 Kenedy £10B
 Kurt Zouma £15B
Charly Musonda £5B
 Michy Batshuayi £40B
others are: Kalas, hector,baker and maybe someone else for total about £20B
total plus or minus £360B
with that buy 2-3 players and give opportunity to young!
My team for example with 433: (some players can play in more position so i write they more times (the first on in uppercase and then in lower case)
CB: RUDIGER, AC, AMPADU, azpilicueta, other (maybe one like kalas instead of sell him)
RB and LB: AZPILICUETA, EMERSON, new Buy for left and right
CC: JORGINHO, KANTE, KOVACIC,FABREGAS, BARKLEY, ampadu
WL: HAZARD, CHO
WR: (new buy like DYBALA), PEDRO
Striker (new) and second like giroud.

great post, and yes, I can maybe see getting £50,55m, the £40m number was my bare minimum (mainly due to his age, as there are only TWO WC LB'S over 28 in the world, Marcelo and Alba. Marcos turns 28 in December, so IF RM bought him next summer, they only get less than a year and half out of him until he turns 30. Then again, he was never a speedburner, so I could see him basically the same player for the next 3, 4 or maybe even 5 years with only a slight drop off. 

Emerson is now into the possible perma damage category. IF he recovers to Roma pre-injury form, he can be our starting LB. If he is a Zouma case, we gotta let him go.

Fabregas is not one of the sell NOW NOW NOW ones, he could hang on for 2 years or so (remember I said those 21 could obviously not be sold all in one window or a window and half)

I will only list (the sell prices) I disagree with

Luiz: £25B       £30m (its what PSG offered and we turned it down)
Tiémoué Bakayoko  £30B         £35m and done
Gary Cahill £10B          I would go for £15m, he is English so a 50% premium in EPL
Davide Zappacosta  £15B     £20-25m, to a Serie A club, they are desperate for Italian players
Danny Drinkwater  £15B           £30m, he is only 28 and English, and a great player for a West Ham type club 
Victor Moses £20B   £25m
Baba Rahman £10B   I want to give him a shot at finally playing LB (probably as a backup) for us, if he has to be sold, then £15m
Kenedy £10B            £15-20m
 Kurt Zouma £15B                  £25m at least, he is young and still pretty decent and counts as HG
Charly Musonda £5B            £10m or so, young and could help some teams
 Michy Batshuayi £40B     same as Baba, I really want to see if he could be our striker,  if not, you are close, I say £40-45m

I won't list my wanted team here

the board is full of my desired teams

again, good post

20 minutes ago, manpe said:

No I didn't, I said that the seeds were getting planted, not that you outright said Sarri out. Difference. Don't think I've ever seen a bad word about Sarri on here before today, don't think it's a coincidence that it's happened just after we dropped our first points. I think it's premature to call Sarri average after such a brilliant start, also your last sentence now strongly hints that you want him out.

average PLAYERS, not average manager

LOL

I so so so so DO NOT WANT HIM OUT AT ALL, lol

no clue where you get that takeaway

I am patient with managers, more so than players

I just think he did what he perceived to be the right thing with starters and bench decision in last 2 games and it failed

we all make mistakes, so hopefully he just moves on and doesn't double down

I am ENTIRELY bought into his system

why else do you think i want those I listed out?

they do not fit into IT

or are simply not good enough, or are damaged goods