N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

It'll be interesting to see how they line up tomorrow against Rapid Wien. Obviously not all the regulars will be there but I don't see Conte playing a formation that he has no intention of using with the full squad.

1 minute ago, AK-3001 said:

Funny how people think Conte will bin Fabregas.

This is the same Conte that got Pirlo into the Juventus side and played him to his strengths and very much hid his weaknesses (which were a lot for a Juventus player in a 3 man midfield). 

It's needless to say that Fabregas in form is one of the best players in squad. He is one of the best passers of the ball in the football world and against clubs that sit back, he's the key to the lock. 

Do you think fabregas, like Pirlo or say Alonso, can run a game from deep? Choosing where the ball goes, when to get possession and slow it down, when to go straight to the striker or wide players, when to play the vertical pass as opposed to moving it around first it a better position? I don't think his brain works that way. 

I think he always wants to lookforward and if the pass isn't on then he plays it simple. Pirlo takes control and manoeuvres the ball with 2 or 3 passes until the forward pass is on. That's the difference between a deep lying playmaker and a midfielder with a good eye for a pass. 

Just my 2 cents of course, but from pretty much the moment we bought him I think most people on here have commented on how he isn't a deep lying playmaker but a very good passers around the box and in counterattacking situations. 

I don't see how playing him in a midfield 3, even with many options in front of him, changes the way he plays football. 

If it does I will forever hail Conte as the emperor from Italy!!!!

This is a signing that could guarantee us top 4 spot and make us challenge for the title.We desperately needed to revamp our midfield and add more protection to our defense. We can add much more dynamism to our midfield. Hopefully he will be our player by the weekend.

Attraction of Champions league is way too overrated.For all we know Leicester can be eliminated in CL group stages itself.Chelsea are more likely to achieve CL spot next season than Leicester.

I am glad that Conte and Board are working together and getting the deals done early.

7 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Do you think fabregas, like Pirlo or say Alonso, can run a game from deep? Choosing where the ball goes, when to get possession and slow it down, when to go straight to the striker or wide players, when to play the vertical pass as opposed to moving it around first it a better position? I don't think his brain works that way. 

I think he always wants to lookforward and if the pass isn't on then he plays it simple. Pirlo takes control and manoeuvres the ball with 2 or 3 passes until the forward pass is on. That's the difference between a deep lying playmaker and a midfielder with a good eye for a pass. 

Just my 2 cents of course, but from pretty much the moment we bought him I think most people on here have commented on how he isn't a deep lying playmaker but a very good passers around the box and in counterattacking situations. 

I don't see how playing him in a midfield 3, even with many options in front of him, changes the way he plays football. 

If it does I will forever hail Conte as the emperor from Italy!!!!

Do you remember Pirlo-forward ? There was a time when Pirlo was playing as a second striker and he was so direct ! Fabregas is intelligent enough to start be more of a controller than a killer. Besides he has to do that if he wants to prolong his career.

I'm sure Cesc can play deeper if he will have protector(s) ahead of him.

That 3-5-2 that's been posted a page back is actually good. We'd be too thin with defenders though and isn't really Premier League-friendly (it could work against certain sides, way less against others) still think it's not going to be our formation, people seem obsessed with it.

I'll just repeat myself out of inertia, comparing Fabregas to Pirlo is like comparing wine to pepsi.

I can't say enough how brilliant this signing is. Just you know, perfect.

We have the best defensive midfielder in 2014/15 season in Matic and the best defensive midfielder in 2015/16 season in Kante. Surely we won't need to score 3 goals a match to win a game ?

4 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

That 3-5-2 that's been posted a page back is actually good. We'd be too thin with defenders though and isn't really Premier League-friendly (it could work against certain sides, way less against others) still think it's not going to be our formation, people seem obsessed with it.

I'll just repeat myself out of inertia, comparing Fabregas to Pirlo is like comparing wine to pepsi.

Fabregas is in much much better position than Pirlo was before 2011/2012 season :) He is very intelligent player, his season is coming ;)  I love it when our players or signings are underrated so much :cig:

19 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Do you remember Pirlo-forward ? There was a time when Pirlo was playing as a second striker and he was so direct ! Fabregas is intelligent enough to start be more of a controller than a killer. Besides he has to do that if he wants to prolong his career.

In the earliest stage of his career, that doesn't mean he was as shit as Fabregas, who is 28, in defending. I can't help but thinking of Fabregas playing deeper, sitting in front of a defence, as a complete liability. He doesn't even have the basics to do some sort of defending right, he doesn't even have awareness for that position.
He is a smart player, I agree, but that's just not his role, he needs to stay up the pitch in a midfield 3.

23 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

The main problems I have with fabregas is his ability to protect the ball from a marker when he's under pressure and his total lack of tactical awareness when the team is defending. 

Pirlo could do a 360 and pass forward easily anytime someone marked him down, but fabregas seems to panic and loses the ball. The worst problem is the 2nd one where he seems to be tactically naive and always out of position when we are defending, leaving spaces for the opponent to penetrate through the middle. People like Kroos and Alonso are slow, but they can easily play deeper because of their awareness and positioning. I hope Conte teaches him this part, even if he has to defend zones only instead of man-marking. 

Rob Tanner

@RobTannerMerc

Football writer for the Leicester Mercury; Leicester City correspondent. 

Just landed to the news on Kante. Unfortunately, it is true and a deal could be completed in the next few days. Sad but #LCFC move on

6 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

The main problems I have with fabregas is his ability to protect the ball from a marker when he's under pressure and his total lack of tactical awareness when the team is defending. 

Pirlo could do a 360 and pass forward easily anytime someone marked him down, but fabregas seems to panic and loses the ball. The worst problem is the 2nd one where he seems to be tactically naive and always out of position when we are defending, leaving spaces for the opponent to penetrate through the middle. People like Kroos and Alonso are slow, but they can easily play deeper because of their awareness and positioning. I hope Conte teaches him this part, even if he has to defend zones only instead of man-marking. 

Exactly, just how good is fabregas under pressure? As useful as a dildo favoured lollipop! 

Also, people use the word intelligent as though it's the same for all players. Lampard's intelligence was high, just look at how he waited until the right time to come into the box. Doesn't mean he has the intelligence to play the specific position of Pirlo and Alonso 

Have my reservations long-term but he'll improve us this season for sure. Under Conte he'll run the ground but he's got the stamina (I pray for no knee injuries).

So a striker and a midfielder. Address the issue of defence now perhaps..