Emanuel Mammana

the wes

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Primera Division in Argentina one of the most defensive minded leagues in this world. Worth scouting there because defenders are always on top of their game, but I've never heard of this guy. I know Eder Alvarez Balanta from River who was tipped to be the next big thing coming out of Argentina but nothing happened with him, stalled a bit I think.

10 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Primera Division in Argentina one of the most defensive minded leagues in this world. Worth scouting there because defenders are always on top of their game, but I've never heard of this guy. I know Eder Alvarez Balanta from River who was tipped to be the next big thing coming out of Argentina but nothing happened with him, stalled a bit I think.

I think Balanta may have got quite a bad injury which has hindered his progress.

I have heard he has a lot of potential, and Conte seems to have a good record of developing players from fairly modest transfer fees.

My biggest concern would be with his age and inexperience, our primary target should be an experienced top drawer centre back for now. We have some very good young centre backs already attached to the club.

49 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Balanta hasn't stalled IMO, I watch River games all the time as my best friend and roommate is a diehard River fan, he's actually been very good. River has had a season similar to ours though. I would take a punt on him but I don't see it happening

Chelsea are closing in on their first signing of the summer as the club are reportedly in advanced talks with Argentine center-back Emanuel Mammana, the TransferMarketWeb exclusively reports.

The first new Chelsea player under incoming Antonio Conte was widely expected to be some Serie A superstar, but the interest has also been to Argentina, where the Blues are close to snap up a deal for River Plate defender Mammana.

John Terry’s new contract at the club only sees him as a fourth choice center-back, which leads to Conte hiring some new, younger center halves to strengthen the defence.

Never heard of him... assume he's another one for loan/stop gap.... Vitesse/Boro will be fine for him.

Can we actually make in roads to purchasing top quality players first before we start buying stop gaps and fringe players FFS

I don't know. I sincerely doubt Conte said to the board: "Sign me "Mammana" and do it immediately!" "Mamma mia!"
Can we just think about the first team? And then maybe the loan army?

17 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Never heard of him... assume he's another one for loan/stop gap.... Vitesse/Boro will be fine for him.

Can we actually make in roads to purchasing top quality players first before we start by stop gaps and fringe players FFS

Seriously! This is about the 4th or 5th player we've been linked with that I've literally never heard of.

Are we trying to compete for 6-7th or a CL place and the title!? Hope these are all bullshit or we're in trouble.

Just now, Pizy said:

Seriously! This is about the 4th or 5th player we've been linked with that I've literally never heard of.

Are we trying to compete for 6-7th or a CL place and the title!? Hope these are all bullshit or we're in trouble.

Silly season at it's finest. I would normally be very dismissive of such shit rumors but with our track record of late you could see it happening with every one.

He's actually very highly rated, one of the best players at his age. Big scope for improvement, huge potential. He's already better than any CB at the club bar probably Zouma, JT and Christensen. 

We need an experienced CB though. The right sort of profile we're looking at. 

On 24/05/2016 at 9:08 PM, Special Juan said:

If that's what we're trying to do for this player, £11m is a lot of money to be wasting on him...

I've not even heard of him either.. money should be spent on sorting out our first team.. FFS we've got enough young players as it is!!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You