test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spike

Alexandre Pato

Started by Spike,

350 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Striker? Instead of Remy/Falcao...

I guess if he still has great pace. 

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Can't believe people are berating someone who's clearly very happy to be here. He's genuinely ecstatic about it. Excited for him. 

Could be just the tonic we need,hope he has some luck and hits the ground running.

Haha it's really hard not to like the guy on a fan level - He'll probably be a hit around SB like Ramires was.

Enthusiasm like that can have a positive effect on the game mentality of that player too, so hey good luck kid.

mccg likes this

4 hours ago, Spike said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2609730-the-second-coming-of-pato-hope-remains-for-brazils-great-enigma-at-chelsea

Decent article on him. Please don't worry, I know it's Bleacher Report but it's quite a well written piece.

That was indeed really good! Thanks!

I've grown up supporting gremio, blues from the south of Brazil . A cold (er than the rest of Brazil) region and a club which historically plays a more pragmatic style - prob from German influence. Ah yeah Pato is originally from gremio's arch rivals internacional.

with that out of that out of the way, as soon as I laid eyes on Pato I thought he was a Romario, a Ronaldo9 something like. At that moment I began rooting for him to truly achieve his potential, because frankly I just wanted to see what he would do on the pitch. Then the injuries came and the rest is history.

I no longer believe that he has that same high ceiling From a Chelsea POV it may still be a win-win situation. But that potential genius is gone.

It may be difficult for someone like me, who has glimpsed greatness in Pato, to aim lower and expect him to potentially become "only" a good player. Perhaps my expectations remain too high and I should just accept that that ship has sailed.

The Skipper likes this

8 hours ago, Robguima said:

That was indeed really good! Thanks!

I've grown up supporting gremio, blues from the south of Brazil . A cold (er than the rest of Brazil) region and a club which historically plays a more pragmatic style - prob from German influence. Ah yeah Pato is originally from gremio's arch rivals internacional.

with that out of that out of the way, as soon as I laid eyes on Pato I thought he was a Romario, a Ronaldo9 something like. At that moment I began rooting for him to truly achieve his potential, because frankly I just wanted to see what he would do on the pitch. Then the injuries came and the rest is history.

I no longer believe that he has that same high ceiling From a Chelsea POV it may still be a win-win situation. But that potential genius is gone.

It may be difficult for someone like me, who has glimpsed greatness in Pato, to aim lower and expect him to potentially become "only" a good player. Perhaps my expectations remain too high and I should just accept that that ship has sailed.

I feel exactly the same. That hope will always be there.