• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"

Chelsea chasing MLS prodigy Miazga
Reports suggest Chelsea are keeping close tabs on New York Red Bulls defender Matt Miazga, who, at just 20, is being hailed as the best defender in the MLS. The youngster has also been compared to Jaap Stam."
Gotta love the last sentence. Jaap Stam :D He was a good player but who the hell comes up with an idea like that? I can see the journalist watching an MLS-game in 2015 and suddenly "Hmm, this young American guy is so like Stam" :D

"Chelsea chasing MLS prodigy Miazga

Reports suggest Chelsea are keeping close tabs on New York Red Bulls defender Matt Miazga, who, at just 20, is being hailed as the best defender in the MLS. The youngster has also been compared to Jaap Stam."

Gotta love the last sentence. Jaap Stam :D He was a good player but who the hell comes up with an idea like that? I can see the journalist watching an MLS-game in 2015 and suddenly "Hmm, this young American guy is so like Stam" :D

the American journalist probably thinks hes a quarter back lol

• 2 months later...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/6889712/Chelsea-lead-Prem-chase-for-next-American-superstar.html

Hearing within the next 24 hours Matt Miazga will be sold to an EPL club pending medical within the next day or 2. #RBNY #MLS

Chelsea have shown an interest in NY Red Bulls defender Matt Miazga (20) [via @ESPNSteinLine

Matt Miazga will cost £3.5m as he has one year remaining on his contract having turned down a new contract before Christmas. (Mail) #NYRB

Couple pals in @MLS say Chelsea has been showing some of the strongest interest in recent days in NY Red Bulls and #USMNT defender Miazga

A top defender in the MLS at a young age. He's been getting some looks for the US national team, but a lot of American youngsters are under Klinsmann. I don't watch NYRB so I can't say much more than that. He didn't play in the friendly, but as we remember, most of their regulars didn't play.

We'll loan him out of the country. Exciting as an American that we'd pick up an Amerixan, but I doubt he'll play for us. 

Yep, some insight would be useful. MLS is one of my favourite leagues for sports betting. I always go for goals, "over 3.5 goals" or "both to score and over 2.5 goals combined" just because defences are atrocious there. He's a defender, so..... you know what I mean :philjones

42 minutes ago, the wes said:

We probably loan him out 

There was a statement last night that the unknown Premier League club Miazga will be joining had had to promise that he would play, and not be loaned out, before MLS would sanction the move. This apparently was at Klinnsman's insistence who is concerned for the development of young US national team prospects. MLS own Miazga's contract of course so the fact that they would want to extract such a promise in the first place might be a further clue that Chelsea is indeed the club involved.

24 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

There was a statement last night that the unknown Premier League club Miazga will be joining had had to promise that he would play, and not be loaned out, before the MLS, who own Miazga's contract, would sanction the move. This apparently was at Klinnsman's insistence who is concerned for the development of young US national team prospects.

That they would want to extract such a promise in the first place might be a further clue that Chelsea is indeed the club involved.

But the MLS wouldn't have any say once he's ours would they? Bad business to promise something and turn around and do the opposite, but they wouldn't have any recourse would they?