Michael Hector

The Skipper

• 2 months later...

6) Hector a real talent, whether or not Chelsea realize it

Outstanding during a Reading win over West Brom that was overshadowed by the throwing of a coin at Chris Brunt after the game, Michael Hector could be forgiven for being irritated his outstanding contribution to the Championship side’s success was overlooked because of some numpty with 50p too much in his pocket and some serious issues. Signed by Chelsea last September and immediately loaned back to Reading, the languid centre-half has been rewired as a central midfielder since his big break. As one of 33 players on loan from the Premier League club, whether he will ever feature in the champions’ first team remains to be seen. “I spoke to Michael about playing that role and said to him if you can develop another string to your bow and play in that holding midfield role, he can play in the position for Chelsea,” said the Reading manager, Brian McDermott, of Hector’s excellent performance in the centre of the field. “I spoke to Chelsea about Michael playing in that role and they were happy for him to do that. He can play centre-half, he can play holding midfielder and I thought he was terrific today. He’s been on loan everywhere … a lot of places. He hadn’t been playing in the team, but we changed the system and he’s been terrific in training.” Hector has been on loan at Bracknell Town, Didcot Town, Havant & Waterlooville, Oxford City, Horsham, Dundalk, Barnet, Shrewsbury Town, Aldershot Town, Cheltenham Town, Aberdeen, Reading. That’s 12 clubs. He is 23. Barry Glendenning

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/22/fa-cup-talking-points-fifth-round

• 2 months later...

here are the latest news articles about M. Hector in the past 2 days.

Chelsea to use Michael Hector in first-team role next season - report

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2016/5/5/11596068/chelsea-fc-michael-hector-reading-first-team-rumour-report

Chelsea defender Michael Hector destined for big things in the Premier League, reckons boss Guus Hiddink

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-defender-michael-hector-destined-11295613

Chelsea still backing Michael Hector to play role at Stamford Bridge

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-back-michael-hector-to-play-role-next-season-under-antonio-conte-a3240736.html

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Fernando said:

Playing for Jamaica right now as a DM. 

Has not been that bad.... 

He was our best player imo. Considering we had 10 men for majority of game, he imposed himself very well. Had an excellent shot which hit the post as well.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mccg said:

Not much game time 4Hector ffs 

Tells you something when you can't get minutes in pre-season and I fear MH must have received the message loud and clear.

I've only watched Michael in a competitive game once. He played as a DM in that match, I came away wondering why on Earth we had signed this bloke. I saw absolutely nothing that suggested he was of the level required.

Mchael comes over as a really nice bloke in interviews. If he had the quality, it looks like he'd be a welcome presence in the squad, but sadly I just don't think he has it.

40 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Tells you something when you can't get minutes in pre-season and I fear MH must have received the message loud and clear.

I've only watched Michael in a competitive game once. He played as a DM in that match, I came away wondering why on Earth we had signed this bloke. I saw absolutely nothing that suggested he was of the level required.

Mchael comes over as a really nice bloke in interviews. If he had the quality, it looks like he'd be a welcome presence in the squad, but sadly I just don't think he has it.

Yeah this defence rocks,This Conte guy must be some sort of magican waiting to pull afew defensive rabbits out from his cap.I've got the fear!

• 2 weeks later...