Tottenham 5-3 Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thinking that City can lose 3 top players and still "put out a better XI than us" is a blatant example of fans overrating City's squad and a clear case of the grass is greener on the other side syndrome. Aside from Silva, who no doubt is world class, how many other top class players do City have in the positions behind the striker? Navas, Nasri or Milner are nothing special nor have they been in top form this season. They've frustrated City fans just as much as Schurrle, Willian and Oscar have frustrated us.

I really hope you intentionally meant that as a hyperbolic comment, because that's exactly what it reads as.

Thanks Dee.

No I meant it literally and I do believe it to be the case.

Although I am not personally aware of City fans' frustrations with the players you list, and despite the fact that I fear Milner* above all when we meet City, I accept what you tell me. Nevertheless, in my opinion, those three contribute to their team being a more capable side than ours. The fact that City fans would prefer better players in those positions is neither here nor there in terms of this conversation.

I don't believe that I do overrate City's squad. I see its flaws, as I see ours. It's simply that, all flaws considered, I consider City to be better than us.

*We're talking about this season, not last, so it's not especially relevant but when we went to the Ethiad for last season's league game and Milner was missing, I was delighted and hopeful. As I watched the CTV build up to our return for the FA Cup fixture a few weeks later, I laughed at Bobby Stuart's ignorance while he claimed Milner to be a weakness. He gave that as a big reason why he felt City's midfield could not compete with ours on that day. On the other hand, I could not believe what I was hearing from our former winger. Looking at the constitution of their midfield I was very downbeat and could see little hope. Milner bossed us, as he had done before and will probably do again, so City won comfortably.

There are a lot of people who, despite lacking any technical or tactical insight, are paid to spew nonsense just because they used to know how to kick a football. As a pundit, Bobby Stuart let himself down very badly that day.

This game shown our weaknesses, first we need right back Iva do a lot of mistakes this season, yesterday spurs player make him look like a school boy. Second TSO should start rotate the first eleven Cahill look very tired yesterday he need some rest, this same we can say about Oscar and of course we need right winger because Shurrle and Salah dont play well from beginning, Sterling or Reus will do it better.

I watched the match just now and Chelsea didn't look bad. We gave up 5 goals, but still remained confident; that's a good sign.

If we aren't getting another winger in January, I would like to see either Remy or Salah on the pitch for our RW because the other two choices are not going to do it. --SOMEONE take the right wing position and create there...or Chelsea need to buy.

Harry Kane had a great match.

If either Hazard or Fabregas are injured, I'm not sure how Chelsea will expect to win the title. We need another player for the attack.

Fabregas is huge for this club right now. If he were any better on free kicks, I would say he's Chelsea's Pirlo. Excellent buy last summer.

Very disappointing result. I never did expect this. Score could be so different. Because of defensive mistakes we lost the game. Hazard was really incredible. Phil Dowd played against us as always he did! We need to recover our mistakes. I hope to win the title. Come on Chelsea

José is either talking out of his arse or is angling for some funds in January; I pray to Jesus it's the latter.

And I always said we should've sold Ivanovic when PSG were sniffing around him - jack of all trades, master of none. The mere sight of him attempting to close down a cross with his hands behind his back pisses me off to no end.

Was thinking the same. Definitely digging for some funds.

Came all the way from Israel to support Chelsea. I've been in shock from the result but never stopped to sing!

Waiting for next time!

(Win Lose or Tie I'm Chelsea till i die!)

Going to follow your and xpetrcechx's example and visit England during the Boxing Day this year. Seems like the perfect period for a foreigner to attend some Chelsea games in such a short space of time.

Hope you've enjoyed it.