Tottenham 5-3 Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't watch the match (not sure I should considering the result), but after seeing the highlights, I feel a bit better because all five goals conceded came from (amateurish) individual errors. Not saying there were no tactical issues, but the likelihood that our the back 6 make all those mistakes in a single game is very low.

The first goal, amazing strike by Kane, but a top keeper like Thibaut should really be getting down quicker and saving that all day long. Second and fourth were mainly due to some shocking decision making by Matic who has been incredible for the past couple of months. Third and fifth, schoolboy defending by Iva and Cahill.

Yes, it looks is very bad, but fortunately, it's not something that requires a change of the whole system or something that future opposition can try to copy because it was down to individual rather than collective errors.

Couldn't watch the match (not sure I should considering the result), but after seeing the highlights, I feel a bit better because all five goals conceded came from (amateurish) individual errors. Not saying there were no tactical issues, but the likelihood that our the back 6 make all those mistakes in a single game is very low.

The first goal, amazing strike by Kane, but a top keeper like Thibaut should really be getting down quicker and saving that all day long. Second and fourth were mainly due to some shocking decision making by Matic who has been incredible for the past couple of months. Third and fifth, schoolboy defending by Iva and Cahill.

Yes, it looks is very bad, but fortunately, it's not something that requires a change of the whole system or something that future opposition can try to copy because it was down to individual rather than collective errors.

Tbh I think this game was actually similar to Everton with the obvious difference being we were in the receiving end of it this time.

Both were practically games of football ping pong where the score could have easily been the same in reverse.

Both were freak games with no real context so can't really be looked at for good or for bad.

Tbh I think this game was actually similar to Everton with the obvious difference being we were in the receiving end of it this time.

Both were practically games of football ping pong where the score could have easily been the same in reverse.

Both were freak games with no real context so can't really be looked at for good or for bad.

From what I could see from the highlights, the Everton match had more team rather than individual quality, from both sides.

My fellow chelsea supporters, the only positive I could get from this encounter is that it allowed us to evaluate which positions we are most vulnerable. As everyone mentioned before it's Ivanovich and Cahill. I hope in our next fixture the defense will be ( Luis LB, Azpilicueta RB, Zouma CB, Terry CB). Ivanovich can rotate between Terry and Zouma. Sorry but Cahill is a liability without Matic and Terry backing him he gets exposed. If we are serious about winning the quadruple this is the only option in my opinion

Still wondering why Mou decided not to play a Matic-Mikel pivot and Cesc as #10 when it worked so well (defensively speaking) against Stoke and Southampton?

There are no easy away games in the PL but this one looked the toughest on paper of the three.