Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

:D

Just realised. Edited now :D:doh:

But if people are naive to think Newcastle will just sit back, they have another thing coming. How have Newcastle beaten us in the last 3 years? Ramires and Fabregas in a pivot for this type of game is asking for it defensively. Not looking forward to seeing Sissoko back. Beast of a player and seems to be getting better and better.

As Muzchap pointed out, City have much easier fixtures than us in the next 6 however knowing the PL and unpredictability of it, would not be surprised to see them drop points against a team you least expect. Could even be Leicester away. But Newcastle have more injury problems than we have to worry about. We put our minds to it and we should win. Think Costa is going to give their defence a battering on Saturday.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The danger with Newcastle lies in how physical they are, especially their midfield. Very strong, and quick as well. They've shown in flashes this season that they can completely bully teams at times and they seem to have a knack of raising their game against top opposition.

That said, their defense looks very unconvincing to say the least. I honest half expect a crazy match similar to the 6-3 at Goodison.

The danger with Newcastle lies in how physical they are, especially their midfield. Very strong, and quick as well. They've shown in flashes this season that they can completely bully teams at times and they seem to have a knack of raising their game against top opposition.

That said, their defense looks very unconvincing to say the least. I honest half expect a crazy match similar to the 6-3 at Goodison.

Yep, it's going to be a very physical game which is why Matic is going to be a big miss. An early goal is vital in games like this, their entire game-plan goes out the window and they have to open up. We can't afford to have a slow start otherwise we'll end up dropping points imo.

Yep, it's going to be a very physical game which is why Matic is going to be a big miss. An early goal is vital in games like this, their entire game-plan goes out the window and they have to open up. We can't afford to have a slow start otherwise we'll end up dropping points imo.

Excatly why I'd like to see all three of Mikel, Rami and Cesc start. Give Oscar a rest.

If they're both available I wouldn't be surprised if Oscar drops out and Mikel and Ramires both play in a three with Cesc. Can't see that being a particularly popular selection. But would allow Mikel to shield, and then the legs of Ramires or the vision of Cesc to alternate within our attacks - whilst at all times remaining defensively stable. Almost like two men to do the job of Matic.

I'll go and hide and await the negative responses now.

If they're both available I wouldn't be surprised if Oscar drops out and Mikel and Ramires both play in a three with Cesc. Can't see that being a particularly popular selection. But would allow Mikel to shield, and then the legs of Ramires or the vision of Cesc to alternate within our attacks - whilst at all times remaining defensively stable. Almost like two men to do the job of Matic.

I'll go and hide and await the negative responses now.

Don't that would be unpopular. Seen many suggest and agree with that already.

But of course, all this is built on the assumption that Rami is fit and available. If not, then we'll really have only one choice.

Don't that would be unpopular. Seen many suggest and agree with that already.

But of course, all this is built on the assumption that Rami is fit and available. If not, then we'll really have only one choice.

Maybe we should set the negativity on here about Mikel at an all time high so that when he actually plays quite well, he gets a little bit of appreciation. Granted he's no Matic, but there are far worse players out there!

Maybe we should set the negativity on here about Mikel at an all time high so that when he actually plays quite well, he gets a little bit of appreciation. Granted he's no Matic, but there are far worse players out there!

Alright, I'll start:

Oh shit! No Matic??? If Mikel starts we will lose :readthemessage:

:D

We have some nasty away games coming up, I said since we went 5 ahead of City that we need to atleast remain that much ahead of them else things get tense, 5 ahead in new year and ill be delighted, especially with City due at The Bridge.

Mikel will start? we're dooooomed

Yes Matic is suspended and can be a really big blow. Newcastle is always tough team to play in St.James Park.

Pardew confirmed that Coloccini will be back for this match and also said that they need to threaten us because we look terrific. We(CHELSEA) are a great team who are strong and organised.

I expect a really tough match. City will play Everton and you never know. #agentLukaku.

Mikel was actually starting to get a little bit more popular this time last year. Got a couple of goals, played a lot at a decent level, even captained the side at Derby for a bit.

And then Matic signed and blew him out of the water. :lol: