Christian Eriksen

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

TBH nobody in the prem will land Eriksen, he has already said he would prefer to be playing in Spain/Italy, we should of signed him as a 15 year old instead of rejecting him for being too small as it is clearly going to bite us in a few years when he is one of the best players about.

TBH nobody in the prem will land Eriksen, he has already said he would prefer to be playing in Spain/Italy, we should of signed him as a 15 year old instead of rejecting him for being too small as it is clearly going to bite us in a few years when he is one of the best players about.

If we signed him at 15, he would be at Hamburg playing for Arnesen by now. I

can tell you he would not have developed as well at Chelsea as he did at Ajax.

No way will he ever come here. His future's got Barca written all over it.

He is Barca type midfielder, but you really think Barca would be interested in him?

Barca are stacked at midfield, currently they have Xavi, Iniesta, Csec, Busquets, and Thiago. Thiago is the same age as Eriksen and arguably better.

In Barca B they have have a great group of incoming midfielders, with Rafa Alcantara and Sergi Roberto. Rafa is considered a better prospect then his older brother, which is saying a lot.

Think about it. We have Romeu - 19, Mikel - 23, Ramires - 23, Josh - 18. Of course if we add Mata, who is also 23 making him an AMC/MC..the heck do we need Christian Eriksen. If we have to get a CM, let it be somebody who has been a part of big football and still is. That way, when McEachran turns 20/21 he will be ready to give his place, and then we will use him as a sub. No Point of getting Eriksen.

Think about it. We have Romeu - 19, Mikel - 23, Ramires - 23, Josh - 18. Of course if we add Mata, who is also 23 making him an AMC/MC..the heck do we need Christian Eriksen. If we have to get a CM, let it be somebody who has been a part of big football and still is. That way, when McEachran turns 20/21 he will be ready to give his place, and then we will use him as a sub. No Point of getting Eriksen.

Beside Josh, none of them can provide creativity.

Romeu and Mikel are defensive mids and we can't compare them to him, Essien is soon finished. Ramires isn't exactly the creative type also. If we think about creative mids who are coming through, I can think of only Josh. Frank's old and Meireles isn't getting any younger either, although he still cuts it. But yes, having proven experience in that midfield will be necessary, that's why I think Modric would be a safe bet for instant impact in midfield. I still wouldn't be disappointed if we got him, there are lots of ways to rotate and fit them in the team in the future once Lamps and Meireles become obsolete.

That's why I told you. If we have to get a CM, it should be someone experienced - Kaka or Sneijder. :)

Kaka - past it, hasn't set the world on fire like he used to. Sneijder - I don't think we can afford him. Eriksen would be one for the future, Sneijder or Modric (or Kaka) would be for instant impact, but they are not for the future.

That's why I told you. If we have to get a CM, it should be someone experienced - Kaka or Sneijder. :)

Kaka and Sneijder are CAM's, we have been playing 4-3-3 flat for a very long time and under AVB i don't think that is going to change. The reason why we went after Modric instead of Sneijder is because he was a CM and fitted our system more.

AVB wants CM's not CAM's, he wants his midfielders to attack and defend.

I'd love it but doubt it. His dad already made a statement last year saying that we once rejected him 'because he was too weak and not that great'. We also rejected a third trial. His father's ego won't let this move happen let alone the bidding war that will indubitably manifest. Nonetheless Piazon and Mceachran have similar talent, all that's needed is an opportunity to shine.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You