Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Thiago has athletic ability and superior technique

Athletic ability Thiago sure has over Cesc, he is faster, more agile, more nimble etc. but how have you concluded that Thiago has superior technique? Cesc has one of the best techniques in the world in almost everything he does...

I don't think there is much to discuss at the moment, so comparing our player to another with similar qualities is not really a bad idea.

On the Thiago vs Cesc argument, despite all the talent there is in him, the kid has yet to prove himself. Fabregas performed at high level for years since very young age playing for top teams. Alcantara has yet to play games to even pretend to be a threat for him.

Our player might not be as technical and athletic as Thiago, but most managers don't pick players based on potential only.

Athletic ability Thiago sure has over Cesc, he is faster, more agile, more nimble etc. but how have you concluded that Thiago has superior technique? Cesc has one of the best techniques in the world in almost everything he does...

One example..

Nothing Fabregas can't do tbh (perhaps minus the overhead kick because he isn't as athletic as Thiago as I said before). Doesn't really proclaim superior technique to me.

The thing is when you have superior athletic ability, the potential pass one can do is greater than one without....

watch the first few passes, cesc wouldnt be able to make those passes nor would kroos.. those are passes modric and thiago and others can make, because their nimble and agile and athletic. AS thiago is better than cesc, so is Modric.

The thing is when you have superior athletic ability, the potential pass one can do is greater than one without....

watch the first few passes, cesc wouldnt be able to make those passes nor would kroos.. those are passes modric and thiago and others can make, because their nimble and agile and athletic.

I don't think so. As evident with Pirlo, Xabi and Xavi, you don't need to be the most mobile to make the most outrageous passes. Cesc's pass for Schurrle's goal vs. Burnley if you want a very recent example. That was outrageous.

Listen, I love Thiago and I do think he has the potential to be a massive, massive player... But as of right now, due to his injury hit career he hasn't reached the heights Fabregas has yet. It would be much better if we compared these two after the next 3/4 seasons, providing Thiago stays fit then sure, he could potentially eclipse Fabregas as a player but as of right now, it's purely potential and staying fit for him.

watch the first few passes, cesc wouldnt be able to make those passes nor would kroos.. those are passes modric and thiago and others can make, because their nimble and agile and athletic. AS thiago is better than cesc, so is Modric.

lol, tell that to Iniesta and Xavi, they've missed the memo.

I think a better physical condition can help a player get passed by others if they aren't a great dribbler.

But then again, Thiago gets injured so often that I wouldn't say his physique is anything worth mention. He can run a lot, but then his body can't take it and he gets injured. Has been the story of his career...

For the kid that said silva wouldnt work under jose....

Fuck off, you're a kid.

Cesc> Modric>>>>> Thiago. Potential is all Thiago has. Atletic ability=passing ability? Uhh, Lukaku is athletic and can't pass to save his life. Just stop, dude.

Fuck off, you're a kid.

Cesc> Modric>>>>> Thiago. Potential is all Thiago has. Atletic ability=passing ability? Uhh, Lukaku is athletic and can't pass to save his life. Just stop, dude.

WOW...

This board is so fickled.. When chelsea were playing barcelona in 2012, everyone said how much cesc sucked balls back than, but now that he plays for chelsea, hes god status.. However, last year when modric was rumored to chelsea, everyone was sucking his balls as the best cm in the world.

I love how he is all potential when Cesc never started for barcelona on a consistent basis nor Spain (until he played false nine and even than ft9 was still starting) and captain a shit arsenal team, the same team that won nothing besides a fa cup in his tenure there...

WOW...

This board is so fickled.. When chelsea were playing barcelona in 2012, everyone said how much cesc sucked balls back than, but now that he plays for chelsea, hes god status.. However, last year when modric was rumored to chelsea, everyone was sucking his balls as the best cm in the world.

I love how he is all potential when Cesc never started for barcelona on a consistent basis nor Spain (until he played false nine and even than ft9 was still starting)

Cesc, Xavi, and Messi tend to play poorly against us.

Cesc, Xavi, and Messi tend to play poorly against us.

Im really interested to see how Cesc plays against a good team...

Against city, I think he failed or was invisible.

Arsenal he played well, but arsenal really isnt a good measuring stick that game..

I really hope Cesc can beat his record of 15 league goals.

Give him pk duties and dont let schurrle take fks, cesc should be able to surpass it with the amount of games chelsea/cesc will play this season.

Im really interested to see how Cesc plays against a good team...

Against city, I think he failed or was invisible.

Arsenal he played well, but arsenal really isnt a good measuring stick that game..

How has Thiago played against those teams? Oh, he's always injured. Sorry.