Man City 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Lukaku coming up?

That's if he comes back right?

Zouma.... We bought him young like many younger players we bought and never make it?

Sorry but I don't believe it till I see it with my own eyes!

I give you Salah and azpi but not matic or willian.

Matic and Willian haven't even reached their peak. One was voted Portuguese player of the year last season and the other recently capped by Brazil and one who has flourished for us this season.

Barring Hazard Wilian has been superb for us, his work rate and determination has been immense.

Read Jose's comments on Zouma, and watch him, or is that too much?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matic and Willian haven't even reached their peak. One was voted Portuguese player of the year last season and the other recently capped by Brazil and one who has flourished for us this season.

Barring Hazard Wilian has been superb for us, his work rate and determination has been immense.

Read Jose's comments on Zouma, and watch him, or is that too much?

Mourinho comments or words?

Men I already heard enough and know enough that he lies a lot.

So for me it's all a crock of shit!

Until I see players from our Academy or a player return from loan and being with us I will not believe!

Mourinho comments or words?

Men I already heard enough and know enough that he lies a lot.

So for me it's all a crock of shit!

Until I see players from our Academy or a player return from loan and being with us I will not believe!

Comments or words, what's the difference?

He and the board wanted him, or do we just down play Zouma now and go on your words? Seems your quite quick to brandish everything 'a crock of shit' rather than actually look forward and have faith in what Jose and the club are trying to do.

Comments or words, what's the difference?

He and the board wanted him, or do we just down play Zouma now and go on your words? Seems your quite quick to brandish everything 'a crock of shit' rather than actually look forward and have faith in what Jose and the club are trying to do.

I believe in the works that I can see. The team and results are real.

I just don't believe every word that comes from Mourinho.

I believe in the works that I can see. The team and results are real.

I just don't believe every word that comes from Mourinho.

Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Salah, Lukaku and so on is the works you can see, even with Romelu being loaned out the club see it as his development for the kid.

It's your choice whether you want to believe in Jose's words, but at least believe in Jose's project instead of down playing everything he says or what the club does.

Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Salah, Lukaku and so on is the works you can see, even with Romelu being loaned out the club see it as his development for the kid.

It's your choice whether you want to believe in Jose's words, but at least believe in Jose's project instead of down playing everything he says or what the club does.

José project is to win just like that of Chelsea.

As far as for youth that has never been the project of any manager in the past.

If mourinho wants to implement youth then we will see it in due time. But right now is all a fairy tale.

The promise of youth is a bullshit tale I been hearing for a long time with no real end product.

So you will excuse me if I'm not so haste to believe such a Hope.

If mourinho wants to implement youth then we will see it in due time. But right now is all a fairy tale.

The promise of youth is a bullshit tale I been hearing for a long time with no real promise.

I'm an open book when it comes to youth, you however are a closed one.

I'm right behind the club and the direction they choose.

CAREFREE!!!

The promise of youth is a bullshit tale I been hearing for a long time with no real end product.

There is no quality youth in our academy. Hopefully the PL B plan will go through and the gap between U21 and first team will be a less bumpy road. Until then we have to buy our talents. Before someone brings up Chalobah etc.. there is a reason Mourinho along with other managers simply look over them, they are not good enough to replace players we already have for the first eleven/depth. If they can't produce consistently in a league lower,Championship then how are they even going to cope back here where the competition for places is high and no mistakes are tolerated?

Chelsea is doing the only right way there is at the moment. As long as the current youth systems/reserve squads stay, the youth academy will not produce quality players as were Terry. Potential is there but no real stepping stone or environment of regular competitive matches against real quality opposition week in week out. If you look at the Spanish league system, they have B teams playing a league lower against teams who want to win in order to stay up/gain promotion. That's something FA should strive for with the Premier League B teams in order to give our youth the right tools to improve. Loans are great to regain form etc but they will also mess up the development of the players - they will learn to play the wrong systems, wrong mentality, basically no Chelsea's footprint in their game. Plus sending youth abroad / rot in reserves will send a wrong message to them as if they were unwanted by the club. Playing in Chelsea B will give them incentive to strive to play for Chelsea A team.

There is no quality youth in our academy. Hopefully the PL B plan will go through and the gap between U21 and first team will be a less bumpy road. Until then we have to buy our talents. Before someone brings up Chalobah etc.. there is a reason Mourinho along with other managers simply look over them, they are not good enough to replace players we already have for the first eleven/depth. If they can't produce consistently in a league lower,Championship then how are they even going to cope back here where the competition for places is high and no mistakes are tolerated?

Chelsea is doing the only right way there is at the moment. As long as the current youth systems/reserve squads stay, the youth academy will not produce quality players as were Terry. Potential is there but no real stepping stone or environment of regular competitive matches against real quality opposition week in week out. If you look at the Spanish league system, they have B teams playing a league lower against teams who want to win in order to stay up/gain promotion. That's something FA should strive for with the Premier League B teams in order to give our youth the right tools to improve.

Okay then my question is, are the players really that bad that they can't even produce a better performance then Mikel?

Okay then my question is, are the players really that bad that they can't even produce a better performance then Mikel?

Question of opinion but I don't regard Mikel a bad player. He is a safe player who has become more of an utility option for us if we need to park the bus or approach with more defensive mentality. Can you name me a youth player that could step into his shoes despite no experience and most likely being inferior in his game? I get that Mikel has become more of an inside joke for some of you on this board but let's not let emotions cloud our judgement here.

Question of opinion but I don't regard Mikel a bad player. He is a safe player who has become more of an utility option for us if we need to park the bus or approach with more defensive mentality. Can you name me a youth player that could step into his shoes despite no experience and most likely being inferior in his game? I get that Mikel has become more of an inside joke for some of you on this board but let's not get emotions cloud our judgement here.

I would rather we waste our time with Ake then Mikel.

But that's the thing, is experience. Something our players don't get!

How are they going to get experience, when our squad player goes to someone like Mikel?

For that just give it to a young player.

How are they going to get experience, when our squad player goes to someone like Mikel?

I'd love to have youth from the academy represent us, but it will be a leap of faith. The gap is too big and many won't make the transition right away even if they had the potential that needs to be nourished. Where do we take the time? We don't, ship them out on loan or give them a time of their life on the substitute bench. Loanees wont get playing time with us but they will get playing time. There's the difference and that's the best we can do aslong as a youth player's CURRENT ability doesn't greatly overshadow a first team player's.

Willian is extremely overrated on here and the sooner people realise that the better. Very poor player, his work rate saves him, NOT Chelsea quality.

Could I say Berke by name... Berke by nature ;)

Old English slang :) but seriously though you are entitled to your opinion, even if I don't share it ;)

Bad performance from most players (maybe tired a bit). Also Terry's missing didn't leave any other choice but to use Luiz as a CB and like a domino effect Mikel played DMF and Ramires RMF and the rest is history... Talking about terrifying conbination!!!!

I just hope the substitutions were our first choices instead of this circus.

Chelsea is doing the only right way there is at the moment. As long as the current youth systems/reserve squads stay, the youth academy will not produce quality players as were Terry. Potential is there but no real stepping stone or environment of regular competitive matches against real quality opposition week in week out. If you look at the Spanish league system, they have B teams playing a league lower against teams who want to win in order to stay up/gain promotion. That's something FA should strive for with the Premier League B teams in order to give our youth the right tools to improve. Loans are great to regain form etc but they will also mess up the development of the players - they will learn to play the wrong systems, wrong mentality, basically no Chelsea's footprint in their game. Plus sending youth abroad / rot in reserves will send a wrong message to them as if they were unwanted by the club. Playing in Chelsea B will give them incentive to strive to play for Chelsea A team.

Completely disagree. There is quality youth in our team, we have a lot of talented youngsters here. The main reason they haven't made it over the reason years is because there was a lack of managerial stability at the club.

No manager who constantly has to win to keep his job safe is going to risk his job by playing youngsters from the academy.

Also, the fact that someone does well or not in the Championship does not indicate whether they'll be good enough either. Ross Barkley is a prime example - struggled in general at Championship level but has bedded in very nicely at Everton this season after he was given a chance by RM.

The PL B league proposal is a lot of bogus as well as it isn't anything like the systems implemented abroad. There won't be a Chelsea B playing in the Championship - it'll be more or less the same - they'll be facing Arsenal/United/Liverpool B's, which is again pretty much the same thing. It's a pretty pointless rebrand IMO.

Again I reiterate, the main reason why there hasn't been any youngsters coming through is purely due to lack of managerial stability. There is no way a manager who was never going to be given time is going to stick his neck on the line for youngsters to come through.

Mikel is nowhere near as bad as some are claiming him to be here.

As said above, he's fine as solid squad player. Certainly better than Ake right now(whom too many overrate on here IMO).

Mikel is nowhere near as bad as some are claiming him to be here.

As said above, he's fine as solid squad player. Certainly better than Ake right now(whom too many overrate on here IMO).

When mikel was young he made a lot of rookies mistakes but we let him cause he was young and needed experience.

But now we won't do the same for ake?