Man City 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

You missed the point. Jeez! must I have to break down everything to some folks? I merely said Jose was trying to play safe and not put everything out there, so he wouldn't have to play every three days. Being out of the FA cup now gives him more time to prepare for important cups. Contrary to most, I think his priority is The BPL and the champions league. He's very clever at masking his real goals and intentions. Pelelgrini was playing with emotions and got suckered in into a rivalry that didn't really exist. He put too much into a cup that carries less weight. If you have watched Jose's teams long enough, you will be able to tell when he really wnats to go out for the win at all costs.

I hate to quote myself, but did I not call this? Barca 2 City 0. 70/30 possession..

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to quote myself, but did I not call this? Barca 2 City 0. 70/30 possession..

They stood no chance to me. Its simple, any team that is used to holding possession and dominating against even big teams, will have to change their style and fall short when they meet a better ball hugger than them, A.k.a barca.

City did OK last night. They had a bit of a 'welcome to our world' shock with UEFA appointed officials, although having said that the 'offside' goal scored by Barca was just onside. I thought they matched Barca up pretty well. Jose is correct (again), this isn't the best Barca side. Messi looked less than his usual self, didn't seem to have that explosive burst of acceleration that gets him away from players in the first 2-3 metres.

Their crucial mistake was to have Negredo so isolated, he's good but he ain't Drogba. Drogba used to keep at least 3 of Barca's back four occupied and honest and didn't allow both full backs to bomb on relentlessly.

Jesus Navas wasn't like his namesake i.e. he didn't see a cross all night. For the role Navas appeared to play last night Milner was the right man. If Navas was supposed to break quickly and support Negredo, he failed miserably.

Kompany was immense, Silva very good except he made the wrong decision to shoot and not square to Nasri when it was 1-0 and City were down to 10. 2nd goal probably puts Barca through.