"Lukewarm Stamford Bridge"

I actually completely disagree with you. I think the fact that they do have somebody there encouraging everyone to song proves they have very good support. Besides let's not get it twisted the Dortmund fans don't just sing because of one man who isn't watching the game. They stand and sing because they want to and can express their passion without being told to sit down by the stewards every five minutes. I was at Chelsea vs Byern Leverkusen in the group stage two seasons ago and a man behind me threatened a a poor young lad he would smash his fsce in if hexstood up and sung again. You see it's not just the stewards but our fucking fans too. Shameful.

I agree Liverpool for me have the most vocal support in the Prem. A lot would disagree but the kop does rock it!

Fair enough! I can see your point to but it's just a bit too perfect for me. Typical Germans in a way :P

This happens way to much at Wembley. It's actually quite embarrassing. I think the problem with our support to is that when the fans actually do sing it's all too disjointed and not together. If you look at Palace recently, or even Spurs, when they sing, they sing together and it sounds great.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also for me.. when they gotcrid of the Sobar.. that took away a lot of the experience for me! You could go in there before the game and get hyped up for the game singing 10 men went to mow and having beer thrown all over you and then go to the gane feeling pumped up. They were special days!

By saying that, it's the same almost everywhere in the league. Other than Palace I can't think of anything half decent. I like how German fans are very loud throughout games but something about it just doesn't feel right to me. Often they have someone not actually watching the game and just there to coordinate the singing. Just seems a bit fake to me.

I thought Cardiff fans were 'very' loud in the few games I have seen them playing...

But about the German fans, I get what you are saying. It does seem it is fake, but it is actually a cultural aspect of the game some Brazilian fans also share - so I will try to explain.

There are fans, hardcore fans, who like to cheer more than they like football itself. It is very hard to explain, but for them it is not about their team winning, it is about making noise and intimidating the rival fans. It is about showing power, more or less.

Have you watched the movie Hooligans? If you did, it is exactly like the West Ham fan explains to the Yankee. It is not about just about football, it is about something else!

Now, is that how it should be? I dont know. I know that this is not how I personally aproach and view the sport. But each on their own I guess. Who are we to judge others, isnt it?

Fair enough! I can see your point to but it's just a bit too perfect for me. Typical Germans in a way :P

This happens way to much at Wembley. It's actually quite embarrassing. I think the problem with our support to is that when the fans actually do sing it's all too disjointed and not together. If you look at Palace recently, or even Spurs, when they sing, they sing together and it sounds great.

Totally agree with you on that. When our fans sing 10 men went to mow in the ground people stop singong the end bit and start singingthe beginning bit again like its a race and it fizzles out.. soo shit hhaha ..

Sorry but i am bitter about this lol

I thought Cardiff fans were 'very' loud in the few games I have seen them playing...

But about the German fans, I get what you are saying. It does seem it is fake, but it is actually a cultural aspect of the game some Brazilian fans also share - so I will try to explain.

There are fans, hardcore fans, who like to cheer more than they like football itself. It is very hard to explain, but for them it is not about their team winning, it is about making noise and intimidating the rival fans. It is about showing power, more or less.

Have you watched the movie Hooligans? If you did, it is exactly like the West Ham fan explains to the Yankee. It is not about just about football, it is about something else!

Now, is that how it should be? I dont know. I know that this is not how I personally aproach and view the sport. But each on their own I guess. Who are we to judge others, isnt it?

Hooligans?? Isn't that Greenstreet! There are still many of these types in English football but not as evident as it was during the 70's,80's and 90's.

You should see Tottenhan vs West Ham. When the Hammers turned em over a few weeks back.. the West Ham fans were going absolutely mental. My boss is a Yido and was standing next to the West ham seats and they were just staring at the Spurs fans the whole game going beserk.. not interested in the game at all! Kind of like when the QPR fans visit our place in the cup..

Foriegn fans like the Germans, Italians and especially the Argentians are just crazy as hell.

I agree Liverpool for me have the most vocal support in the Prem. A lot would disagree but the kop does rock it!

I have to say that this is a myth.

We only hear the Kop when we go there (a.k.a. a big game) and even sometimes you can't really hear them. There's also a big difference between us playing them and the likes of West Ham or any mid-table or below club. So many time last season it was like a library waiting for Suarez to score against the likes of Fulham/Swansea etc. And the place was dead when they were losing to what they thought were lesser teams (just look at their abysmal home record in the past few seasons).

Besides from they're little sing-song before each game, they have the same problems as any other club who has fans with ridiculously high standards (do remember that they are deluded).

Hooligans?? Isn't that Greenstreet! There are still many of these types in English football but not as evident as it was during the 70's,80's and 90's.

You should see Tottenhan vs West Ham. When the Hammers turned em over a few weeks back.. the West Ham fans were going absolutely mental. My boss is a Yido and was standing next to the West ham seats and they were just staring at the Spurs fans the whole game going beserk.. not interested in the game at all! Kind of like when the QPR fans visit our place in the cup..

Foriegn fans like the Germans, Italians and especially the Argentians are just crazy as hell.

Oh well, the Brazilian name of the movie is Hooligans, so I just assumed the name was the same! :P

And about loud fans, nothing comes close to Chileans, they are the loudest fans I have ever seen...

Oh well, the Brazilian name of the movie is Hooligans, so I just assumed the name was the same! :P

And about loud fans, nothing comes close to Chileans, they are the loudest fans I have ever seen...

Can't say I have witnessed a Chilean crowd but I have seen an Anne Summers event held at my mates mothers place. Trust me a good 25 women messing around with sex toys gets pretty damn loud!

To compare some other crowds, Chilean or whatever is useless. I believe, the working class behaves totally different than the middle class. As we all know, the tickets became pretty expensive these days. Perhaps, ordinary working stiff can not afford too many games.

Also, it may be pretty hard to get excited over questionable refs calls, defensive games...it´s hard to pin point it all.

The club want it both ways. They want a good amount of revenue from ticket sales and a good atmosphere at the same time. The two don't go together. If you look at the top clubs around Europe, the vast majority have very expensive tickets. The atmospheres at Old Trafford, Bernabeu, Nou Camp, San Siro are rubbish because like us they have supporters with so much expectation to win and a lack of passion because only the rich ones can afford tickets. (They might seem louder but its only because they have twice our capacity)

Dortmund (I know, bringing them up again ffs) have far cheaper tickets and a better atmosphere as a result because people who actually care can afford to go.

I am not for one moment saying 'Make tickets £10, introduce standing, problem solved' because it isn't that easy. The club is a business these days, it charges £50 a ticket because there are enough people who will still pay £50 per ticket. If we made tickets £10 the remaining revenue would have to be made up another way, like another post-season tour.

In addition, there are not enough people who sing all game, every game. This is because the majority of people who do things like this have been priced out. Tickets were £10 at Arsenal away and look at the noise we made there because more vocal people could afford to attend.

The atmosphere could be improved slightly without altering tickets purely by the club not treating fans in the way they do. A 5 year ban for a smoke bomb and advertising it as a flare on their own website with how pleased they are that they got some fans banned for it? Do me a favour. The same goes for stewarding. Either let us stand up the whole game or accept that we won't be able to make as much noise sitting down.

Its a problem right across the UK, not just us.

It would be great if they could do something about this. Allready created a topic when we played Genk. Completely outsong by the fans (a lot of my friends included).

At genk they have a 'atmosphere tribune(part of it)'. They sing the complete 90 mins, even when losing. But it still gives you an extra when they get the rest of the crowd going wild.

Since I've never been to England I've unfortunately never been to the Bridge so I don't have any great personal experience stories but I live in Cyprus where the fans are absolutely fanatic and wild! I remember when Anorthosis the 1st Cypriot team to qualify for UCL, people were driving in the streets and lying on top of their car hoods and shouting all night long.

Pyro shows and mosaicos are really common here too. Here's a video of a banner and mosaico when Real Madrid came to play Apoel in Cyprus.

Mosaico can be seen around 1:07. The place where they are making this is not too far from my house actually ;p I don't watch any Cypriot football btw. My friends tell me about this.

The creativity! To show Real Madrid as the queen and Apoel as the finger knocking it out! Amazing! The names of the Apoel hardcore fans is Apoel Ultras! If you ever to come to Nicosia, you'll find lots graffiti with AU79 (Apoel Ultras since 1979). When people here watch Premier League games they always moan about the poor atmosphere. I dunno why but I dream of a day we have a pyro show and mosaico at Stamford Bridge. :D

Oh and I love Dortmund's support!

Yeah European away fans tend to be nuts.Endless energy dont care when loosing they're still bouncing around.

They introduced singing sections a few seasons back in the Shed and it worked.Just when the singing dies down its a case of waiting for someone to start it up again and for sections to bounce on from that which doesn't always happen.Haven't often of late due to stupidly expensive tickets but when have been its so hit and miss.Cheaper tickets would bring back the crowds but hardly likely to happen.

Stewards telling people to sit down can understandish as its their job and if anything was to happen no doubt it'd come back to them why didnt you do this blah blah blah.Fans telling other fans however during singing and crap...piss off!!

However not just our ground thats complete silent,..Arsenal..Man U..City...Liverpool etc all have it.Just varies as well where the cameras are as to what noise and sounds are picked up