Playstation 4 Or Xbox One

Beepu

Playstation 4 or Xbox One  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you get?

I have an xbox 360 at the moment, and to be honest i think ill just keep it.

I dont know too much about the new ones, but i have preferred xbox over playstation. However, the PS4 looks to be better IMO (from the little knowledge i have) with the whole game sharing thing and that being stopped on xbox. and the you have to ALWAYS be online on the xbox else they freeze you out. also the xbox one seems to be focusing more on entertainment, which is ok and i think its good, its working well on the xbox 360, but they seem to forget its a games console.

the reason ill keep the xbox 360 is simply because i dont want to pay that kind of money for either of those consoles. also, as im getting older I find myself playing it less and less. The only games i play are COD, FIFA and GTA (the essentials) and as COD is getting worse and worse (i recently bought MW2 again because it was my favourite) and the new GTA and FIFA 14 are going to be available on the 360, im just going to stick with it.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big news from Xbox... http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games– After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.
  • Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

This bridges the enormous gap. Sony is still in front with all the goodwill they've built from E3 and Microsoft have come out of it looking like fools. The specs and price still favour Sony but it's far more even now.

So who on here now is going to actually buy an Xbox One?

It spies on people. Either way Sony comes out as the good guys. Good guy Sony, looking out for us gamers whereas Microsoft is just chasing money. Most Xbox fans will switch back now but I hope some wake up, smell the roses and realise which is the right console and stay with Sony.

LOL Anyone who can't see that Sony has come out of this as the good guy and Microsoft come out of it as money hungry fools is a retard or an Xbox Fanboy...although I guess those two terms are interchangeable.

Anybody whom thinks ANY company at this planet (aside from wellfare companies) are GOOD GUYS when it comes down to business is clueless...... or a fanboy...

Selling a PS3 overpriced, releasing an PS3-Slim at HIGHER price, with MUCH LOWER power, selling a GT-Demo Beta at 50 Euros.... yeah sony is the good boy... but neither is MS...

They're both shit companys but I like the xbox more after the ps2, ps3 is and was a disgrace to the ps models, xbox and xbox 360 came out all in all the better console for my taste and a far better price/asset relation.

what ever was before, MS has reacted and removed all my critics so I will go for it, I'm interested about the cloudcomputing options, about the new and better kinect and the two different Hyper-V virtual machines running parallel, all interesting stuff.

Plus I like the few Xbox one exclusives more that hasn't changed since ps3, since these days the exclusives for ps have faded.

Anybody whom thinks ANY company at this planet (aside from wellfare companies) are GOOD GUYS when it comes down to business is clueless...... or a fanboy...

Selling a PS3 overpriced, releasing an PS3-Slim at HIGHER price, with MUCH LOWER power, selling a GT-Demo Beta at 50 Euros.... yeah sony is the good boy... but neither is MS...

They're both shit companys but I like the xbox more after the ps2, ps3 is and was a disgrace to the ps models, xbox and xbox 360 came out all in all the better console for my taste and a far better price/asset relation.

what ever was before, MS has reacted and removed all my critics so I will go for it, I'm interested about the cloudcomputing options, about the new and better kinect and the two different Hyper-V virtual machines running parallel, all interesting stuff.

Plus I like the few Xbox one exclusives more that hasn't changed since ps3, since these days the exclusives for ps have faded.

the fanboy is strong in this one.

the fanboy is strong in this one.

yeah right, because I'm always telling you I will go for the xbox, ms is great all hail MS what a wonderfull company... get real mate... you're fooling yourself... but thats not my problem.

In fact a few pages ago I said I will go for the PS4...

and I have had the PS 1 the PS 2 then Xbox 360, I had an Amiga, Sega Mega drive, NES...

meme-bitch-please.png

Well whatever that moronic Xbox Fanboy said above (Didn't bother to read his rambling delusions) Microsoft caved under the pressure of Money. The lack of preorders scared them and of course they'll bend over backwards for Money.

If they were so adament of meeting Gamer's needs and wants why didn't they do what Sony did? If Sony is as Money hungry as Microsoft why didn't Sony do what Microsoft did?

The rational fans will understand there is a clear good guy and bad guy in this. That Xbox fanboy can't see it which should tell you everything about his state of mind and how much rationality he possesses.

Still betting on PS4 outselling Xbox. Sony's exclusives are light years ahead and Microsoft simply won't be able to compete.