Lewis Baker

Stats

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The new boss must have watched video of all relevant players. If, after doing that, he feels a loan is the right option for Lewis then we must accept that decision.

I have not been a big believer in Lewis, but a lot of people tell me that I am wrong about that so I've been trying to be more open-minded about him. To be fair, he did well in Toulon but he needs to make a strong case for himself with his performances next season or time will begin to run out on his Chelsea chances.

Mmm i'm dubious that "the boss" has watched many"videos"lol of him,more backroom board.To be fair he did well at Vitesse last season,and another season there is abit of step back i fear,Just turned 21 so still i hold high hopes he will make it at Cfc.We might need all the homegrown talent we have after Brexit lol,Ffs can't wait to see our CM this season again!

2 hours ago, mccg said:

Mmm i'm dubious that "the boss" has watched many"videos"lol of him,more backroom board.To be fair he did well at Vitesse last season,and another season there is abit of step back i fear,Just turned 21 so still i hold high hopes he will make it at Cfc.We might need all the homegrown talent we have after Brexit lol,Ffs can't wait to see our CM this season again!

If I had been given the job, I would have watched video of all the players who could realistically do a job for me next season. I would want to make my own judgement about these players, not rely on someone else's. This sounds like obvious common sense to me. It would be deeply arrogant of me to imagine that something which is obvious to me would not also be obvious to Antonio. He has watched the videos.

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If I had been given the job, I would have watched video of all the players who could realistically do a job for me next season. I would want to make my own judgement about these players, not rely on someone else's. This sounds like obvious common sense to me. It would be deeply arrogant of me to imagine that something which is obvious to me would not also be obvious to Antonio. He has watched the videos.

Agree m8 , tho with 30 plus loanees , 20+ plus 1st team players & academy players not to mention having his national side in the Euros i doubt Mr Conte has much time on his side to chill out with a bottle of red and watch videos of every player ready to do a job for CFC.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

I was hoping baker would be part of the squad this season ffs 

Yeah me2 m8 bustmycfcballs. Better have CM sorted this season ffs not to mention CB etc etc , 1 man and his dog called spot can see what we need ,how come the board can't!

• 3 weeks later...

On a completely random note I've noted on multiple sites he's listed at 6"0 tall?!! Has he been deceptively tall over the years or developed a growth spurt literally in the last 18 months? I always thought he was ~5"9 though from watching at youth level.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

I'd take him over Oscar any day of the week. Chalobah-Kante-Baker.... Could it really be any worse than what we are currently playing? I doubt it.

Most other teams in the prem would be playing him in some sort of capacity,I'm hoping he has a stellar season at Vitesse and has a Dele Ali like impact and Cfc nxt season!

6 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Baker, Abraham, Traore, Christensen all shining on loan whilst the first team is falling apart and in desperate need of fresh air and new players. This club is truly and beyond mad.

Im happy they are doing well. They would never get the chance here. I would accept a shit season to see these players get serious chance next year.

Seriously, this club is not yet in such a big mess. We have some good players in squad and some good youth players too. Few new ones and we can get back to best in couple years. But only if board wont be idiots and sell all the talent, keep the deadwood and change coach every year.

We desperately need a good project and stick to it.

He is doing very well at Vitesse. Wish he scored against Ajax few matches ago but what the hell.

Would be better than Oscar. This guy wants to play for us he would care if we would lose instead of the primadonna's in our squad.